20:14, Sun 31 Dec
Used to drink in there one of the pubs you could get in without getting asked how old you were. Mind you there were not many pubs in Yardley Small Heath or Bordesley Green where they Quiestended you.
20:25, Sun 31 Dec
Used to drink there from the early to mid 70s to the early 80s before I got married. We then went most Friday night's with old man and old lady in the lounge.
Blues game's started in the Country Girl, then the Victoria followed by the Atlas and in the ear!y to mid 70s the Greenway (just for the singing).
20:28, Sun 31 Dec
Drank in there 1978 - 80. Loved it as a youngster it was great under age drinking.
20:43, Sun 31 Dec
Took a party seven of mild to a girls birthday in Weoley Castle. Her dad was made up 😆
20:47, Sun 31 Dec
Party Seven that's a blast from 5he past..😁😁
20:52, Sun 31 Dec
Black Country Pubs do a decent mild - 4.1%

Had a pint yesterday in the Cross at Finstall most enjoyable.
mad
20:53, Sun 31 Dec
Brum Brewing Company do a very drinkable beer called Robby Mild. It's not like the old style Ansell's/M&B mild's much more potent not far off the strength and body of a Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild. It was on the other night in the White Swan which was posted about on here too
21:33, Sun 31 Dec
Dr Devious
Will have to buy you a beer one day I think you are a Yardley Lad. I'm usually in one of the 3 pubs. 😁

I was always in the yt/clumsy swan for the last 18 years until 12 months ago. Don't bother anymore I go up digbeth instead as yew tree went shit, not keen on the Tyler and Grayson's closed for a bit. Do like Grayson's mind. Met that Paul Mitchell in there.
21:36, Sun 31 Dec
mad
They do some great beers and a pretty good tasting session/ brewery trip too.

Tragically Robby, the head brewer, died in September - the mild is in his honour.
21:39, Sun 31 Dec
Cut my drinking teeth on that and rum and black.didn’t care for nut brown Ale
Drinking a mann’s brown now
21:45, Sun 31 Dec
Totally agree it's gone really pony now like yourself prefer a tot in Digbeth have a mooch about. 👍
22:18, Sun 31 Dec
Bobharford
Cut my drinking teeth on that and rum and black.didn’t care for nut brown Ale
Drinking a mann’s brown now

Was that Nut brown the bottled one with the picture of a squirrel on it, horrible stuff that was, to me anyway, Manns much better, especially with half of mild.
00:21, Mon 1 Jan
Yes think manns is sweeter
00:36, Mon 1 Jan
I don't remember the words but as a teenager, in the 70s didn't we have a song, Ansells brewery MnB we don't drink whisky we don't drink rum, we are the boot boys from brum.
That's all I can remember!
Come to Birmingham and you will see.
The Ansell’s brewery, M&B.
You know the rest
Tony Fantastico