12:29, Mon 1 Jan
Who's on it?

Haven't gone too mad over Christmas but have imbibed most days so going to give it a go

Pre match beers usually make watching Blues a bit easier so will be fighting the urge before our 2 home games this month assuming I'm still on the wagon by then
12:31, Mon 1 Jan
As someone who has a January birthday, I can safely say I won’t be doing it.
I have a wet December a damp July and dry every other month. Love waking up without a hangover, able to get on with shit, having a cheery demeanour
12:35, Mon 1 Jan
I get 2 day hangovers now. Didn't get any at all until early 30s.
12:41, Mon 1 Jan
Naah mate, it's already been throwing it down, gona be a very wet Jan.
12:43, Mon 1 Jan
Is it bad to drink every day?
My gp don’t seem concerned tbf, usually a couple beers nothing heavy.
Weekends it’s usually a bottle wine and a few beers thrown in.
No hangovers or ill effects really but I am considering the dry January more as a test of my own will.
12:47, Mon 1 Jan
Just sat down in a pub after a morning walk, had a sip of Bass ale, and then read this thread

...guess you can count me out
Fat Buddha CBE
having a cheery demeanour

🤔
12:52, Mon 1 Jan
Yup doing it again, although it's not really a great challenge as we'd only normally have a bottle of wine, maybe 2 a week between us.
mad
12:56, Mon 1 Jan
Exactly twenty years ago was the last time I attempted dry January. Managed fine until the very last day of the month Blues were at home and was meeting the lads in Barton's Arms and finally relented. I'd been to several away games that month too including Spurs midweek sticking to the ojs and cokes

Best wishes to anyone going for it
12:58, Mon 1 Jan
I only drink beer at the weekend, but I am stopping in January, also cutting out sweets, biscuits chocolate and all the snacking, I lost 7 kilos last year by doing it and managed to keep it off so hoping to loose a little more.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
12:59, Mon 1 Jan
Nose of Blue
Yup doing it again, although it's not really a great challenge as we'd only normally have a bottle of wine, maybe 2 a week between us.
My next door neighbour puts £5 a day for the whole of January, thats £155 for the month and donates it to the Birmingham Childrens Hospital, I am joining him this year to do the same , makes it worthwhile
13:06, Mon 1 Jan
Ribeye
I get 2 day hangovers now. Didn't get any at all until early 30s.

Next to get myrkl pills, been taking them for over a year, never get a hangover anymore 👍
I'm attempting it this year.
Drank 8 cans everyday in December, maybe more so need a month off.
Hoping to lose a stone.
Naah, not for me. I made the small change in November of knocking midweek drinking on the head, do feel better for it but unless medics say otherwise, it's full steam ahead at the weekend.
Good luck and fair fecks though.
Up the feckin Blues