05:48, Tue 2 Jan
You need to let Eustace go mate, move on with your life.
07:12, Tue 2 Jan
I understand the desperation behind the statement, but reappointing Eustace would actually turn us into an even bigger laughing stock than some may see us as right now.

We either have a desire to become an aggressive, ball playing side, which has been the message since appointing Rooney, or we don’t.

Rooney hasn’t been successful, but I still agree with the way he wants us to play football. We need to evolve into a team who want the ball and who use it effectively. That way we have a future.

Going back to Eustace would be a retrograde step.
07:16, Tue 2 Jan
What a waste of a read just get over him
08:07, Tue 2 Jan
From Eustace's point of view, there would be no benefit of coming back (apart from a huge wage obviously).

Rooney has inflated his worth massively so coming back would only harm that as, let's be honest, we wouldn't suddenly become world beaters.

JE is in the past now, best to leave him there methinks.
08:53, Tue 2 Jan
No idea why all the die hard Rooney Groupies are having a go at me.

I'm one of the few people who hasn't called for him to be sacked, ever !! .... and still want him to succeed - because i like the bloke.

Someone said they couldn't see a workable or viable way out of this mess - so i constructed one. It's one i could live with - but that's probably because i'm not some insane mouth breathing, shallow, Eustace-hater who puts their own pride and blinkered opinions before what "could" be best for the club in the short-term.

The only other suggestions i have seen are Darren Carter being appointed or numerous other people who may or may not be available or may or may not want to come to the club - or who probably wouldn't be available at a few short day's notice - people calling for Cook to be sacked and Rooney kept on (couldn't believe that one).

Nothing to see here - just go back to your Eustace hating. It must hurt. A lot. To be so wrong.
08:55, Tue 2 Jan
😳 everything ok mate?
08:56, Tue 2 Jan
😳 everything ok mate?

Never better

😛
08:58, Tue 2 Jan
Rags
The only other suggestions i have seen are Darren Carter being appointed or numerous other people who may or may not be available or may or may not want to come to the club - or who probably wouldn't be available at a few short day's notice - people calling for Cook to be sacked and Rooney kept on (couldn't believe that one)

how do you know eustace would want to come to the club?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
09:00, Tue 2 Jan
Sorry Rags, I usually like your posts, but that comes across as something written by a lovelorn 13 year old. Let it go, look forward.
Up the feckin Blues
09:02, Tue 2 Jan
Please don't go into comms
09:03, Tue 2 Jan
Rags

I'm one of the few people who hasn't called for him to be sacked, ever !! .... and still want him to succeed - because i like the bloke.

Someone said they couldn't see a workable or viable way out of this mess - so i constructed one. It's one i could live with - but that's probably because i'm not some insane mouth breathing, shallow, Eustace-hater who puts their own pride and blinkered opinions before what "could" be best for the club in the short-term.

The only other suggestions i have seen are Darren Carter being appointed or numerous other people who may or may not be available or may or may not want to come to the club - or who probably wouldn't be available at a few short day's notice - people calling for Cook to be sacked and Rooney kept on (couldn't believe that one).

Nothing to see here - just go back to your Eustace hating. It must hurt. A lot. To be so wrong.

It was all plausible until you mentioned Eustace.
09:03, Tue 2 Jan
Rags

... " ..some insane mouth breathing, shallow, Eustace-hater... ".
Blimey Rags, that's some imagination.
Happy New Year.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:04, Tue 2 Jan
I'd respect them more if they just admitted they made a mistake, sacked Rooney and his cronies and got someone else in.

I didn't believe the way Eustace was despatched was fair or necessary at the time but it happened.

My abiding mantra is never go back. We need to be moving forwards from here.
10:14, Tue 2 Jan
Rags
Thats not what you'd do if you actually had to make the decision in the real world

It is actually what i would do - but then i've never shied away from massively controversial and seemingly mad decisions. There is complete justification for it in the short-term

He'd walk back in, not be allowed to comment on it, be welcomed by the players and from the first minute of the first match we would see our competitiveness, commitment and organisation increase massively with players willing to give everything for the bloke.

I can assure you he wouldnt come near the place if asked. Close thread.
10:29, Tue 2 Jan
To all supporters,

On 11th October last year we, the Birmingham City Board of Directors, appointed Wayne Rooney to the position of manager of the first team. The appointment was made with the best of intentions and we completely believed that the change in manager would be beneficial to this great club in the long-term.

On reflection we realise that sometimes even decisions made with the very best of intentions can sometimes not work out in the manner expected. Whether this was due to the timing being wrong, the expectations being too high, the personnel not being right, or an under-appreciation of the previous manager's achievements will probably always be a matter of conjecture.

This statement does not set out to address the reasons why the decisions made failed to produce the results expected, and discussions around those reasons will always remain within the club.

As of today, Wayne Rooney and his immediate coaching team have left the club. The club has adopted and believe in, a philosophy of looking forward and will not comment further on this decision except to acknowledge the efforts of Wayne and his team and to thank them for the positive changes they have brought to the club.

In the short-term it is vitally important that the Board of Directors immediately address the worrying league position and current run of disappointing results. To that end we have made an appointment that we believe fast-tracks areas that can sometimes take time to address and build.

On the basis of achieving instant confidence and commitment amongst the playing staff, a working knowledge of the football club and the goodwill of the fans we have decided to re-appoint John Eustace to the postion of first team coach on a 5 month contract. John's salary and that of his staff, will reflect the uncertainty that we acknowledge such a short term contract can cause.

The terms of said contract will be reviewed 2 weeks before the end of the season when we can reflect fully on how performances and results have changed. If successful then the contract will be extended by another 6 months and then, if later extended again, will become a one year rolling contract.

John's success will be measured in the first 5 month's purely on results gained and the points/game statistics achieved.

The club still believes that the long-term success of the club lies in a change of playing style but acknowledge that the move to that may be better served through "evolution" rather than "revolution".

There will be no further statements until two weeks before the end of this current season.

Good luck John

Keep Right On.

Now this obviously isn't true - but it's how i'd handle the situation. It gives the club a way out without admitting they made a complete balls up, without getting bogged down in a complete media scrum, and without having to actually change their philosophy about playing style.... and gives time to re-assess whether JE can build on his past over-achievement without yet committing to him long-term. It also gets us out of the current mess in the quickest and neatest way possible.

Oh all ye of little faith