09:05, Thu 4 Jan
New Year, same old Blues. A 3-0 defeat away to Leeds on New Years Day was evidently the straw that broke the camels back for Tom Wagner and Knighthead, with Wayne Rooney receiving his marching orders less than 24 hours later. Blues now seek their tenth permanent manager in just over seven years, as

[almajir.net]
09:12, Thu 4 Jan
Absolutely spot on. Lots of that strike a chord with me and I could have written similar but not as well.
Tony Fantastico
09:13, Thu 4 Jan
Good piece Dan.

I do wonder what Warnock has done to upset you though.
09:19, Thu 4 Jan
Amen to all that
He's absolutely spot on there imo, especially that last paragraph. Nice one Dan.
Up the feckin Blues
09:35, Thu 4 Jan
almajir.net
New Year, same old Blues. A 3-0 defeat away to Leeds on New Years Day was evidently the straw that broke the camels back for Tom Wagner and Knighthead, with Wayne Rooney receiving his marching orders less than 24 hours later. Blues now seek their tenth permanent manager in just over seven years, as

[almajir.net]

Thanks for this Dan - One bit caught my eye

That being said I’ve seen with my own eyes fans at the Ipswich home game calling Rooney all the swearwords under the sun, at half-time, even though we were leading 1-0.

WTF??? Where in the ground was this, and was it a lone wolf, a group?

That first half was great (well, the first half an hour) and there was a real sense that we were starting to take shape - why on earth would anyone abuse the manager in those circumstances?
Very well said that man 👏👏👏
09:41, Thu 4 Jan
Iain_Gavin
almajir.net

[almajir.net]

That being said I’ve seen with my own eyes fans at the Ipswich home game calling Rooney all the swearwords under the sun, at half-time, even though we were leading 1-0.

That first half was great (well, the first half an hour) and there was a real sense that we were starting to take shape - why on earth would anyone abuse the manager in those circumstances?
Dan was in the GML I’m certain
Tony Fantastico
09:42, Thu 4 Jan
Iain_Gavin
almajir.net

[almajir.net]

GML, at least three people as I walking down the stairs to get to the gangway to the back of the stand.
Everything said in that piece is spot on. What’s disturbed me the most over these last 3 months is how it’s highlighted the fact we have a deeply moronic element in our fan base, both online and at the ground. I’ve been a ST holder for 40 years and It’s been as toxic as I can ever remember, worse than at anytime since relegation. What I don’t understand is that it’s come against the back drop of having (potentially) the best owners we have ever had and the future has never been more exciting.
The new owners keep driving this ‘alliance’ but it’s been the total opposite. Fair enough- they have made a mistake but the improvement in everything else has been spectacular. Which ever direction they go in now, we must unite and get fully behind them. We will never achieve anything when ‘fans’ are abusing players, staff and each other.
09:46, Thu 4 Jan
Jesus Christ that's depressing - that was the area where he got abused against Hull too if I recall.

Am I right in thinking that GML doesn't have a high % of ST holders, and tends to be the last tickets left on match day if we are selling out?
09:48, Thu 4 Jan
This means that Blues are still going to be somewhat at the mercy of searching through Craig Gardner and Garry Cook’s contact books to see who is available, rather than having a database of potential candidates ready to go.

this is a bit disappointing , I really thought Knighthead would be able to put someone in place that would help us come up with a candidate that we've all probably never heard of but meets the data driven criteria

a good starting point for this is coaching staff that you can bring in and then promote to first team manager

i'm thinking more Thomas Frank than Ashley Cole
09:48, Thu 4 Jan

[almajir.net]

Meanwhile Hatlepool haven't hung about and have opened up a coffin in the local crypt and announced 272 year old Lenny Lawrence as their Caretaker manager

[www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk]
09:50, Thu 4 Jan
I’m never amazed by some of our fans. We attract some right plonkers.

The bloke in front of my just spends all game shouting shit at Bacuna, Ruddy and Hogan if he’s on the pitch
I think I agree with everything you say there Dan.The attitude of some fans has totally shocked me and the first home game against Hull wouldn’t have surprised me if Tom and his team had thought we don’t need to invest in a club with this type of negative supporter base.
That said of course we all have the right to our opinions as supporters but some didn’t give the owners a chance to make a decision before making their minds up.