10:15, Thu 4 Jan
Ruddy is a giant of a bloke. I’d love him to confront who said it. They’d hide in their own arsehole
10:16, Thu 4 Jan
Exactly players we target will know players already at the club

“What are the fans like?”
“effing tosspots”
“Oh”
10:20, Thu 4 Jan
The club should host an alternative Open House event targeting the abusive online malcontents. They could add their social media posts to a PowerPoint presentation and ask each to elaborate in the presence of some of the playing/coaching staff.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
10:23, Thu 4 Jan
I think as fans we need to call them out
10:25, Thu 4 Jan
best off ignoring them tbh, don’t give em the attention they desire
KES
10:26, Thu 4 Jan
Only at Blues.
10:26, Thu 4 Jan
Excellent post Dan. KRO.
It's been going on for decades, thought it was quite mild compared to what Mackay, Pendrey and Bond used to get, down the match. Difference now is Social media and forums adds to the mix, whereas unless you were at the match back then, you weren't really aware of the abuse.
10:40, Thu 4 Jan
KES
It’s probably everywhere but I think we have some of the worst. Is that ok?
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
It's been going on for decades, thought it was quite mild compared to what Mackay, Pendrey and Bond used to get, down the match. Difference now is Social media and forums adds to the mix, whereas unless you were at the match back then, you weren't really aware of the abuse.

The difference is that stuff posted on X or on YouTube videos lingers.
The abuse at grounds is far more likely to be picked up and recorded these days as well.

Back in the 1980s games were recorded on one camera in the Main Stand with a microphone attached to it. When someone standing on the Kop shouted something awful it would disappear after a few seconds.
Now much more evidence of horrible racism/sexism/homophobia/general abuse remains indefinitely.

I'm confident that actually behaviour has massively improved. There is effectively no violence and I'd say the levels of abuse are well down on the worst periods.
But this doesn't make it ok. There are still lots of people who think it is ok to go to games and be utterly horrible. Or do the same online. And the fact that they largely get away with it encourages such behaviour.
If you go on any football forum or site where football is discussed unless they are firmly moderated the amount of abuse is staggering.
Even places like Have Your Say on the BBC are profoundly depressing.

SHA is pretty well run in this regard.
KES
10:49, Thu 4 Jan
I think your wrong. No different to any other set of fans. Gobshites everywhere.
10:49, Thu 4 Jan
My Blue Heaven
It’s probably everywhere but I think we have some of the worst. Is that ok?

I don't think we plumb the depths of Rangers v Celtic or Liverpool v Man Utd online.
Some of the tragedy baiting is particularly unpleasant.
10:54, Thu 4 Jan
i think its reflective of society in general, there is a % of dickheads everywhere and at every club.

we just naturally see more of our dickheads mouthing off due to twitter algorithms.

we havent yet thrown any vegetables at managers
10:57, Thu 4 Jan
Inner city club as well. Does make a difference unfortunately
Tony Fantastico
My Blue Heaven
I think it’s: down to both parties. If we don’t fill the place, it’s gives Knighthead less to invest. They’ve already spent millions in any event.

The Rooney debacle hasn’t helped but I’m sure the players would perform better in front of a supportive fan base too. I’d be terrified trying something different in front of our lo, it just turns to personal abuse.

Ruddy for example is a good bloke, a solid pro who’s been a decent signing, he’s getting dogs every game for not being Neuer

I am with you on this and it is a concern I share.

I am surrounded by idiots in the GML who were hurling abuse at WR/players before a ball had even been kicked v Hull (H) and I think I commented on the match thread of that game that I believed the negativity from the stands that day spilled out on to the pitch. That isn't to say Rooney would have been a success here had everyone been 100% supportive as I think he is a largely useless manager, but I hope the new manager is met with more support.

Our fan bases mindset has to shift in order for us to progress, albeit everyone has their share of idiots.