09:51, Thu 4 Jan
I think Arsene Wenger has always had a grudging respect for Blues really and he's a youthful 74.

He could do a job for us - Gerrimin!
09:52, Thu 4 Jan
I wonder if Knighthead are having second thoughts

Let’s be honest the fans have hardly flocked back en masse
09:52, Thu 4 Jan
Yep.

Whoever the next Head Coach is I hope they're appointed to get the best out of our current squad first. Can build everything else from there
09:53, Thu 4 Jan
Not that it really matters but do we know whose decision it was to sack Rooney?
09:53, Thu 4 Jan
I don’t think some of our fan base will ever accept us trying to change and will not tolerate the fact sometimes it not may pay off.

Depressing really
09:58, Thu 4 Jan
Had Sunjic’s late effort against Bristol City been the other side of the post then Rooney would most likely still be manager regardless of the result at Leeds. It was dour though, ultimately, I would argue that that was the game that really got him sacked and the negative set up effectively worked against him.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
09:59, Thu 4 Jan
Rags
New Year, same old Blues. A 3-0 defeat away to Leeds on New Years Day was evidently the straw that broke the camels back for Tom Wagner and Knighthead, with Wayne Rooney receiving his marching orders less than 24 hours later. Blues now seek their tenth permanent manager in just over seven years, as

[almajir.net]

Meanwhile Hatlepool haven't hung about and have opened up a coffin in the local crypt and announced 272 year old Lenny Lawrence as their Caretaker manager

[www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk]

Well that’s my tenner on the next mgr down the pan then.
My Blue Heaven
I wonder if Knighthead are having second thoughts

Let’s be honest the fans have hardly flocked back en masse

I don't think this was ever going to be the case, we are still at the very beginning of a very long term project which Knighthead will be well aware of.

When people can see investment and more importantly a consistent upturn in performance on the pitch and a higher average league position they will slowly start to return.
Great piece of writing Dan.

I have to say that I totally agree with you on some of the toxicity that was aimed at WR made me feel very uncomfortable. I also noticed it on X last night with reference to the Luke Littler and Luke Humphries darts final, mainly aimed at Humphries. There is no need for some of our fans to lower themselves to this level. It reminded me of the very sad day the Sullivan and the Gold's felt that level of toxicity in the game against Blackburn, I said then, it was a fatal mistake. Look where it got us, almost to oblivion.

If I was to take a guess, I would say that it comes from a place of deep pain generated over many years of being a second city club seen by many as nothing club by other supporters around the country. Doesn't make it right though. There are good and bad supporters at all clubs i know that.

Whoever comes in, I do hope that we show them the respect they are due whether we like them or not.
10:07, Thu 4 Jan
jefflynneshair
Had Sunjic’s late effort against Bristol City been the other side of the post then Rooney would most likely still be manager regardless of the result at Leeds. It was dour though, ultimately, I would argue that that was the game that really got him sacked and the negative set up effectively worked against him.

I do wonder about that; I remember thinking that even if we won it was papering over the cracks but maybe the joy of a win would have over ruled that cynical thought.
I think it’s: down to both parties. If we don’t fill the place, it’s gives Knighthead less to invest. They’ve already spent millions in any event.

The Rooney debacle hasn’t helped but I’m sure the players would perform better in front of a supportive fan base too. I’d be terrified trying something different in front of our lo, it just turns to personal abuse.

Ruddy for example is a good bloke, a solid pro who’s been a decent signing, he’s getting dogs every game for not being Neuer
10:09, Thu 4 Jan
I’m never amazed by some of our fans. We attract some right plonkers.

The bloke in front of my just spends all game shouting shit at Bacuna, Ruddy and Hogan if he’s on the pitch

The bloke next to me is the most miserable bastard in the world. Spent the entirety of JE's reign moaning about the long ball, then spent all of Rooney's tenure moaning about playing from the back.

Swears like a sailor in front of his kid too.
10:10, Thu 4 Jan
I bet he couldn’t trap a fart as well. It’s always the fatties and the most unfit that slag off players in the ground
10:13, Thu 4 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I think it’s: down to both parties. If we don’t fill the place, it’s gives Knighthead less to invest. They’ve already spent millions in any event.

The Rooney debacle hasn’t helped but I’m sure the players would perform better in front of a supportive fan base too. I’d be terrified trying something different in front of our lo, it just turns to personal abuse.

Ruddy for example is a good bloke, a solid pro who’s been a decent signing, he’s getting dogs every game for not being Neuer

Guy behind me at the Bristol City game shouted something along the lines of "eff off to turkey and get your hair sorted out, you bald c*nt" as he passed it to Sanderson. It was so quiet cos the sparsity of the crowd I heard every word and I suspect Ruddy did too. This was the same game he remonstrated with someone in the Tilton.

How is that meant to be supportive? How is that constructive?
10:14, Thu 4 Jan
I am sure the abuse will be enough to put off quite a few prospects.
The club has an image problem and needs to do all it can to eradicate it or it will continue to be held back.