12:02, Fri 5 Jan
Bluenose_68
I went recently on the tour of the spurs stadium

Super impressive but they commented that they make more from 1 NFL game there than a season of football matches

Yes went there for the pre season game. Breathtaking stadium and technology.
12:28, Fri 5 Jan
TaylorJay84
Bluenose_68
I went recently on the tour of the spurs stadium

Super impressive but they commented that they make more from 1 NFL game there than a season of football matches

Yes went there for the pre season game. Breathtaking stadium and technology.

doesnt surprise me one bit

have season tickets there for the NFL, the concession areas are huge and like food hall spaces in airports/shopping malls
foghorn leghorn
From a football fans perspective, it sounds like a nightmare scenario. 20 k rattling around with zero atmosphere, in a stadium we don't own.

Whatever happened to st Andrew's being an asset of community value? Or was that just used as a stick to beat on the previous owners?

Concerts may be lucrative, but it would take many years before you started to turn a profit on that caper.

That's exactly the mentality we need to ditch, if this club is ever to move on, it needs the fans to accept, be ambitious and welcome change as well. Small time, Small heath is right at times with a big portion of our fans - needs to change. Tom was right.
Up the feckin Blues
The new owners have bought the land already, it's not at Wheels, I don't have a clue where it is but the plans are underway.

My guess would be out by the airport. Would make a lot of sense with great transport links and space. Commercially would be the best option you'd think.

They aren't stupid, they will make good money from it, in the long term. As others have said gap in market for a big stadium to hold events. VP is a football stadium sometimes used for events, big difference to one purpose built as a multi event venue.
14:12, Fri 5 Jan
I appreciate that there are some good reasons for taxpayer money funding facilities for private use in some circumstances.

But we should not at any point being spending 'our' money on football stadiums for rich clubs and owners. if they want it, pay for it themselves.

The eyewatering amounts of public money spent on stadia in America is astonishing for example.
The cold never bothered me anyway
14:15, Fri 5 Jan
How do you know they've brought the land already mate?
14:37, Fri 5 Jan
From the interest on their loans, the Liverpool council stand to make 7 million per annum, for the next 25 years. The interest rate Liverpool pay back to the government is something ridiculous like 0,25%

They act as a loan shark to Everton and stand to make a profit of 175 million, in the process.

Some more stuff on blues and Brady at 18 and 35 minutes.

Hmm I wouldn't be sure about that.

I have a friend who has a relative working for an architect in Birmingham and they're working with Blues on a number of proposals at various sites namely being:

- Full redevelopment of St Andrews
- Stadium at Birmingham Wheels
- Stadium at Birmingham Smithfield (bizarre I know, I thought work to redevelop that land for leisure/living was due to start imminently)
- Stadium at another unknown site (but this has been canned).

Part of the scheme is looking at creating a site which could also accommodate NBA and NFL which is bonkers really for poor old Blues, but with Tom Brady on board and Garry Cook's links to Michael Jordan who knows what could be in the pipeline. Knighthead have some serious cash too. It's one thing drawing up exciting plans like this, it's another thing to actually realise it. It seems hard to believe right now and will require huge sums of investment and time but you can't help but be a bit excited by what might be in the pipeline...
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
Fair enough I understood they had now settled on a site and actually started or done the purchase.

Anyway exciting times ahead.
15:10, Fri 5 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
foghorn leghorn
From a football fans perspective, it sounds like a nightmare scenario. 20 k rattling around with zero atmosphere, in a stadium we don't own.

Whatever happened to st Andrew's being an asset of community value? Or was that just used as a stick to beat on the previous owners?

Concerts may be lucrative, but it would take many years before you started to turn a profit on that caper.
We’ve always been scared of change and thinking bigger. Let’s embrace someone doing it for us

One way to be sure of never becoming successful is to have no ambition not to be and not even try.
15:13, Fri 5 Jan
Or by voting Labour

Oh shit

Politics

Quick run
15:29, Fri 5 Jan
Money drives success and a PL Blues with a big stadium will probably get double the crowds we do now (football tourism to the PL is HUGE as well as increased local interest). Having a brand new small stadium is incredibly short sighted.

Football tourism is big in London and at successful clubs in the NW. Unless you count the North Wales contingent at goodison.
15:33, Fri 5 Jan
Money drives success and a PL Blues with a big stadium will probably get double the crowds we do now (football tourism to the PL is HUGE as well as increased local interest). Having a brand new small stadium is incredibly short sighted.

Football tourism is big in London and at successful clubs in the NW. Unless you count the North Wales contingent at goodison.

Football tourism is huge for all premier league clubs. People want to see the best players, they’ll travel to watch them.

The PL now is nothing like it was when Blues were last there.
15:41, Fri 5 Jan
Go Home Bodger
Fair enough I understood they had now settled on a site and actually started or done the purchase.

Anyway exciting times ahead.

There are rumours they are behind the purchase of some land next to the Wheels site, after it was bought by someone through a US based property firm. Could relate to that?
15:47, Fri 5 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady

Football tourism is huge for all premier league clubs. People want to see the best players, they’ll travel to watch them.

The PL now is nothing like it was when Blues were last there.

I saw a wee spot of that attending the Chelsea Boxing Day game when we were in the PL. Sitting in the lower Kop, we were surrounded by young Chinese / HK people