Tam
13:10, Fri 5 Jan
theAtlas
HackneyBlue
Mowbray makes me feel safe and secure

That’s a good way of putting it, feels like the parents have come home after leaving the kids in charge of the house for the weekend - bit of a mess to clear up to get it back to how it was looking before!

OK, this will probably sound stupid, but I'm used to that, so never mind. The thought of Mowbray makes me feel like it's more 'our' club again. Although, like most of us, I wanted Rooney to succeed, there was a feeling of coldness about the appointment - a big 'star' bought in for the name and the promo, with not much for the fans to really 'like' about the appointment, or those of his assistants really. It didn't feel like 'our' manager, or even coaching staff. It seemed so... 'transactional'.

Mowbray is a 'football man' - he's done the rounds, he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a sensible approach to football management, and to life in general. It feels a bit more 'us', if you know what I mean.

Perhaps that's a bit lacking in ambition, but I always felt that the on-the-pitch aim this season would be one of improvement and evolution. This would feel more like that to me.

Obviously, I hope it's Tony Mowbray now!
Make Blues Great Again
13:16, Fri 5 Jan
Tam
Tam
theAtlas
HackneyBlue

That’s a good way of putting it, feels like the parents have come home after leaving the kids in charge of the house for the weekend - bit of a mess to clear up to get it back to how it was looking before!

OK, this will probably sound stupid, but I'm used to that, so never mind. The thought of Mowbray makes me feel like it's more 'our' club again. Although, like most of us, I wanted Rooney to succeed, there was a feeling of coldness about the appointment - a big 'star' bought in for the name and the promo, with not much for the fans to really 'like' about the appointment, or those of his assistants really. It didn't feel like 'our' manager, or even coaching staff. It seemed so... 'transactional'.

Mowbray is a 'football man' - he's done the rounds, he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a sensible approach to football management, and to life in general. It feels a bit more 'us', if you know what I mean.

Perhaps that's a bit lacking in ambition, but I always felt that the on-the-pitch aim this season would be one of improvement and evolution. This would feel more like that to me.

My sentiments exactly mate
13:18, Fri 5 Jan
Tam
Tam
theAtlas
HackneyBlue

OK, this will probably sound stupid, but I'm used to that, so never mind. The thought of Mowbray makes me feel like it's more 'our' club again. Although, like most of us, I wanted Rooney to succeed, there was a feeling of coldness about the appointment - a big 'star bought in for the name and the promo, with not much for the fans to really 'like' about the appointment. It didn't feel like 'our' manager, or even coaching staff. It seemed so... 'transactional'.

Mowbray is a 'football man' - he's done the rounds, he seems like a genuinely nice guy with a sensible approach to football management, and to life in general. It feels a bit more 'us, if you know what I mean.

I think I get it and feel a similar way.
It is like at work - some people seem to real pride in their job and care about the people they work with while others seem to just be there because they have to be so they can get a promotion. Mowbray feels like the former and Rooney felt like the latter.
13:28, Fri 5 Jan
David Xavis
Tam
theAtlas
HackneyBlue

Same here
13:52, Fri 5 Jan
Absolutely chuffed with Mowbray.
2.5yr is fine by me, has this season to stabilise, then can implement his style mostly in the summer when we have our overhaul and get rid of the dead wood.
Should have us competing next year if the recruitment is good.
Lived in Solihull when at the baggies so hardly a stranger to the area.
13:54, Fri 5 Jan
She's not been your wife for 10 years? Sorry to hear that.

2.5 years fine by me too - he gets 18 months in the gig and gets himself a nice one-year bonus at the end to say ta when we appoint some European heavyweight to lead our debut Prem season.
13:58, Fri 5 Jan
theAtlas
David Xavis
Tam
theAtlas
HackneyBlue

Same here

Me too. Feels right. Let’s hope we land him.
16:02, Fri 5 Jan
Tam
Fully agree with this. For all the 'Moany Towbray' stuff back when wor Brucie was in charge of us, I've always had a healthy respect for Mowbray. Even back when he was a player at Middlesbrough and Celtic etc. he always felt like a bit of a throwback, in a positive sense, to a classier time. If he does get the gig let's hope everyone gets behind him as his record, demeanour and football acumen are fully deserving of it.

I think props also need to go to Knighthead for recognising we were heading nowhere fast under WR and needed to act now, rather than allow things to simply drift as the previous regime did with Zola.
Birmingham City - Football League (south) Champions 1945/46
17:59, Fri 5 Jan
davenports
What's with the "Big" Tony Mowbray .
Is that a nickname or summat ?

I think the "Big"adjective refers to the update rather than the man.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
What are they effing about at? Has it all gone tits up?
He might want the weekend to think it over.

Offered is one thing, accepted is another.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Fat Buddha CBE
What are they effing about at? Has it all gone tits up?

Think it makes sense to get the weekend out the way.
Fresh start and all that.
Press and unveiling will likely all be arranged for Monday.
You won’t be saying that when they unveil Nathan Jones
Fat Buddha CBE

Just be patient mate.
If they announce it tonight and the result is crap tomorrow just takes some shine off it doesn’t it.
Expect to hear something next few days and then Monday will be the big unveiling.
18:31, Fri 5 Jan
TaylorJay84
Fat Buddha CBE

Just be patient mate.
If they announce it tonight and the result is crap tomorrow just takes some shine off it doesn’t it.
Expect to hear something next few days and then Monday will be the big unveiling.

Might well be in the stands tomorrow if he is signing.

If I was an out of work manager I might turn up to sit stands with a Blues tie on for the banter.