As a creator and host of one of the podcasts mentioned in this thread, just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words. Obviously what we do is never going to be everyone's cup of tea and that's just part of life and totally understandable - if everyone liked the same things, life would be boring.

Ultimately if we only had ten listeners, we'd still do it, as we just enjoy having a catch up, a chat and a laugh. To have the audience that we do, and the kind words that we receive, we're all very grateful, and we're always looking to improve the quality and production.

I mentioned on one of the podcasts that I randomly bumped in to a lad in The Vic after the Streets gig a few months back, we got chatting about football and he asked my name, I told him Chris and he then dug a bit deeper and asked for my surname - at which point when I replied, he excitedly replied "You're from WAB!" and proceeded to get his phone out to show me that he listens to the podcast. Turns out (from memory - I'd had a few) that he travels a lot and doesn't get to Brum too often and he said our podcast is his connection to Blues and Birmingham, and to have people thanking you for essentially doing something we enjoy as a hobby was really nice.

As I say, it's not for everyone, but I'm glad those who enjoy it, enjoy it. And thank you for listening, it is appreciated.

KRO
Formerly Deckchair
FLGIG was ok but lots of in-jokes.
Yeah found it a bit unbearable, there's about 10 minutes of introducing themselves while the guest sits there awkwardly pretending to laugh and smile along..
15:57, Wed 10 Jan
i listen to the Mayor ones but yep not too fussed about FLGIG

One of the hosts insistence that our recent issues were nothing to do with Rooney grated me on twitter so I can’t see the podcast being up my street currently.

At the risk of living in an echo chamber, I generally agree with most of what the WAB chaps say and also learn things too, so do listen most weeks
I love it mate. Your voice soothes me. Great to rub one out to.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
16:58, Wed 10 Jan
I saw the Vegan at the Open House and he looks more like a Vegan than I ever could have imagined. Beautiful luscious hair
Happy Clapper
Nikola Zigic

Do soothing and rubbing one out go together? Either way, I’ll take it… Thanks 😂
17:46, Wed 10 Jan
Le Mod
I saw the Vegan at the Open House and he looks more like a Vegan than I ever could have imagined. Beautiful luscious hair

Sounds like a bloke dripping in argan oil. Definitely stops at Gloucester services.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
17:49, Wed 10 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Le Mod

Sounds like a bloke dripping in argan oil. Definitely stops at Gloucester services.

Sits next to me at most games. Good lad is our Dave
18:23, Wed 10 Jan
Your podcast is great, and as a Blues fan that isn't in Brum atm, I share the sentiment of the lad in the pub.

The only issue I have with it is my own issue issue... I don't know who you three are and as it's not a video podcast, and I get you all mixed up in my head! Literally no idea who the vegan guy is haha. I actually think it not being on video helps though, as I think when you listen to something produced primarily to be watched it affects the experience, people speak as if they're on camera. You three seem more relaxed.

Thanks for the great work!
22:15, Wed 10 Jan
Thank you for all the suggestions, I hope others have too found some new Blues content to listen to.

The verdict is in though...

FLGIG is the informal pub chat that I maybe expected going in, I can see how it isn't for everyone, but it did make me giggle.

KRO is of course the polar opposite, the clean media production you'd expect, very informative if not a bit dry - I think I prefer listening to proper Blues fans though?

Striking a balance between the two, I thought WAB was superb. I warmed to the hosts instantly and found myself looking forward to listening to it on my commute, it will be my go to moving forward.

Cheers again all.
01:49, Thu 11 Jan
I really like the KRO pod. I think Alex and Brian have the edge because they have had media access. Usually comes with tidbits and more of an outsider view but with a bit of a Blues slant.
06:58, Thu 11 Jan

I'm not sure you've grasped the point of podcasts but should you and Mod ever start one; I think I'll give it a swerve until I've seen any feedback.
Paul Taits T-Shirt
Striking a balance between the two, I thought WAB was superb. I warmed to the hosts instantly and found myself looking forward to listening to it on my commute, it will be my go to moving forward.

Cheers again all.

That’s genuinely lovely to hear, thank you.

KRO
11:04, Thu 11 Jan
tebily
Your podcast is great, and as a Blues fan that isn't in Brum atm, I share the sentiment of the lad in the pub.

The only issue I have with it is my own issue issue... I don't know who you three are and as it's not a video podcast, and I get you all mixed up in my head! Literally no idea who the vegan guy is haha. I actually think it not being on video helps though, as I think when you listen to something produced primarily to be watched it affects the experience, people speak as if they're on camera. You three seem more relaxed.

Thanks for the great work!

To be fair, we are on camera, just not on video. Whether it would work on video I don’t know but at this point it takes enough effort to produce with the audio version. Without throwing video editing in to it. Maybe in future if people want it, but it wasn’t really a necessity for the podcast.

Thank you for your kind words too. Much appreciated.

KRO
11:19, Thu 11 Jan
I think we have a great range of podcasts now- all catering to different tastes. Fair play to everyone who puts the time in to do it.

The Brian Dick/Alex Dicken one - its very polished and is what you would expect from 2 professional journos talking about football.

WAB - usually listen to thi, although some of the in jokes are quite annoying. Once they get over that, the conversation from the 3 lads is really good

FLGIG - dont listen as much, but have always found this an interesting listen, with some good takes on the blues

Chris Skudder - this Youtube Vlog is usually very interesting. Good range of guests and insight.