15:31, Tue 9 Jan
Unless Cook has briefed that it was Gardner, that would be handy for him
Happy Clapper
15:34, Tue 9 Jan
Gardner was one of the first Zola signings, he's seen how things can go tits up first hand, that along with what Mayor said, and everything we know about Cook, i'm convinced it wasn't Gardner
15:46, Tue 9 Jan
I'm a cynical fecker hence my last post, I tend to agree, I think Gardner is someone that goes along with the boss to keep himself in a job
Happy Clapper
16:14, Tue 9 Jan
Le Mod
I'm a cynical fecker hence my last post, I tend to agree, I think Gardner is someone that goes along with the boss to keep himself in a job

I'm cynical too, and while it might seem a perjorative I don't really mean it as such when I say Craig Gardner is a survivor. I will say that he has got a bit of previous for going along with bosses to keep himself employed.
16:22, Tue 9 Jan
Gardner wasnt the architect of Eustace going. Cook sold Wagner the Rooney dream and got Eustace sacked. theres a bit of stuff in that piece that doesn't ring true
16:38, Tue 9 Jan
When you consider that:

1) Cook was involved in signing Rooney to a sponsorship deal with Nike
2) Cook tried to sign Rooney as a player at Manchester City
3) Cook tried to entice Rooney as a manager while CEO of the Saudi Pro League
4) Cook was ready to be installed as CEO at Wayne Rooney's Derby County as part of the failed Kirchner takeover bid
5) Eustace was sacked the very next day after Rooney's MLS season finished

It points to Garry Cook and Garry Cook alone for me.
16:59, Tue 9 Jan
Christ, roll on Saturday so we can stop going over the same old ground on every thread on here.

Time for a new era!
17:23, Tue 9 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
My memory might be failing but I’m sure we looked good going forward at times under Eustace. I’m sure Mowbray will find a middle way

Yes.

We looked good going forwards in his last 2 games before he got the spanish archer.
17:54, Tue 9 Jan
Against the Baggies? Not really. We were very good against Huddersfield, scored early and dominated the game, albeit they were woeful and we were aided
And abetted by their keeper.

No doubt we were more solid under Eustace. I guess we’ll see in his future career whether he can get teams playing consistent front foot football. He did at times with us, including last season when players weren’t as good, albeit he went away from it pretty much the second half of the season.

In the Baggies game, we were really getting played off the pitch until our rather generous pen. Fair play we got at them after that, made it a scrap
and they couldn’t counter it. I think it’s fair to say that we l played better at times this year but still often looked the inferior ‘footballing’ side - I remember those comments after the Plymouth win and I’m glad we played Leeds at home when we did.

Anyway, we’ll see in due course I guess. I do believe TM will get us playing better than both our managers this year but yes, it’s a much lower bar in the case of
Rooney. I think that will be reflected in results though it’ll be downs as well as ups I’m sure. Looking forward to it and glad there’s more harmony at the club now.
18:39, Tue 9 Jan
Ive seen this said a lot and I have to disagree. We had a bad 1st 10 minutes against the baggies and then we were more than back in it before the penalty decision. We were comfortable for the majority of the game.