22:15, Mon 8 Jan
bluearmyfaction
Rab C Nesbitt
bluearmyfaction
Kings heath blue
Have you not watched any prem games over the last few seasons? VAR gives that all day long 🙄
No it doesn’t.
Of course it does. Ref gave it. Slight contact.
It’s not about the contact ffs.

[amp.theguardian.com]

Cheat went down holding his shin. Helen Keller could see there was no contact on his shin.
I agree with you baf.
That ref ain't bought into the advice given in that article and it makes me puke when I read that players want decisions to be based on more genuine offences. Absolute bollocks!
I'd go further too..... Fernandez needs to behave himself. Embarrassing !
The officials and VAR is a dogs dinner and the pussys are winning.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:42, Tue 9 Jan
Charcy
I do have quite a big dislike of Fernandez.

He was on about Bruno, not Enzo
09:58, Tue 9 Jan
Autocorrect.

Suck it.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
10:11, Tue 9 Jan
That's the kind of pedantry you would definitely be in favour of usually
10:19, Tue 9 Jan
Chris
That's the kind of pedantry you would definitely be in favour of usually

😂

It was also a lie I did think it that time it might be an s and was too lazy to check.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
10:22, Tue 9 Jan
Can't be arsed to read the thread but that was basically the same as the V***a one last week, which the ref gave and the VAR supported
Happy Clapper
10:26, Tue 9 Jan
You mean the FA (President: Viler) supported the Vile? Stap me vitals.
11:31, Tue 9 Jan
bluearmyfaction
You mean the FA (President: Viler) supported the Vile? Stap me vitals.
No var did. Which I explained earlier along with the Jota one
Tony Fantastico
11:35, Tue 9 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
along with the Jota one

The Jota one was a new low for me, both in terms of player conduct and decision making.
11:51, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Rab C Nesbitt
along with the Jota one

The Jota one was a new low for me, both in terms of player conduct and decision making.
The game is tying itself on new rules/levels of contact/where your arms are/offsides all because of var.
It’s ridiculous now. 5 and half years after we were told it would improve after it spoilt a World Cup Final in 2018. It really hasn’t
Tony Fantastico
13:08, Tue 9 Jan
It strikes me as bonkers that your arm can be offside. Wasn’t it all supposed to be about feet anyway at one time? It’s quite difficult to judge in any event as the exact time the ball is played and where the forward is who the ball is played to can be very difficult to judge. I quite liked the old presumption about ‘benefit’ of the doubt to the forward. Of course ridiculous offsides can be remedied very quickly.

The penalties that were given at the weekend were absolutely no different to last night, claiming VAR would have intervened is just specious. As Spike said the Jota one was even more blatant cheating and the DvB who went down for their pen against Burnley was even more severely injured than Bruno. I guess the problem is lots of players exaggerate to ‘buy’ fouls - and actually in a lot of cases there is a strong argument for a foul, the player is in some cases I suppose trying to ‘ensure’ they get the advantage they ought to. It’s especially the case in those tussles between a forward and big defender for a contested ball (eg Juke in every appearance he’s ever made for us). In the end it’s about savvy refs and in my view we should leave it more to that, as clearly VAR is going to be used to intervene more and more in the game and spoil it as a spectacle, when the flow of the game is the most enjoyable thing about it.
13:48, Tue 9 Jan
Your last line is important but now scandalously overlooked
Tony Fantastico
13:49, Tue 9 Jan
'Anti VAR = pro cheats' is like saying 'Anti Death Penalty = pro murderers'
13:51, Tue 9 Jan
😁
Tony Fantastico
13:56, Tue 9 Jan
Pearcy
'Anti VAR = pro cheats' is like saying 'Anti Death Penalty = pro murderers'
Death penalty involves a state murder, so not really.