Cooper - a lovely man and i had some great times following his side.

Fry - it was a genuinely exciting time for the club with the new owners, new stand etc and i didn't miss a game home and away for a few years

Hughton - the last season i actually enjoyed
11:22, Tue 9 Jan
Started going in 1991 and I've liked all of our managers for different reasons. There's two in the whole of that time that I've disliked. Cotterill, never liked him , never wanted him. Seems a nasty sarcastic piece of work and Karanka purely based on his mannerisms, the shrug summed him up, shame as I thought he'd do well.

As mentioned a few tarnished what is thought of them. Macari would've done well if he didn't jump ship, Bruce gave us great times but then went to them lot and kissed their arses, McLiesh was just brain dead going straight to them and tarnished all he achieved here which was shame. Hughton , great season but left as soon as he could, Rowett flashed his knickers at anyone willing to look, Monk has his dodgy agent mate.

Terry Cooper seemed like a grandad everyone liked.
Fry lifted the club off it's arse and made it fun
TF added professionalism and cup finals/play offs
Bruce obviously took us up and kept us up
McLeish gave us possibly the best side we've had and the cup win

They all done good jobs on the whole other than a couple of recent ones
11:23, Tue 9 Jan
I might be making this up but didn't Terry Cooper put his own money up to buy Peschisolido?
The club were skint and Cooper wanted the player.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
11:26, Tue 9 Jan
Sheep2

Terry Cooper resigned.

Cooper did resign because the crowd briefly chanted "Cooper out".

He always said that if the fans ever asked for him to go, he would. And so he did.

Brady begged him to stay but he was a man of his word - and I think some nugget gave his wife a bit of stick in the directors box as well.
Tam
11:29, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Sheep2

Terry Cooper resigned.

He always said that if the fans ever asked for him to go, he would. And so he did.

Brady begged him to stay but he was a man of his word - and I think some nugget gave his wife a bit of stick in the directors box as well.

Sorry, yes - of course he resigned. I remember the chants of 'Cooper Out' were quite loud in his last game though - was it a home defeat against Peterborough? He was a good bloke.
Make Blues Great Again
11:33, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Rab C Nesbitt
I can’t stand Bruce

I never liked Bruce, didn't want him as manager, though obviously I was chuffed he came in and got us promoted.

I wasn't impressed by some of his conduct as a player with us, didn't trust him and that coloured my view of him. Same with Rowett in many ways.

Francis got a lot of criticism.

Fry, I couldn't stand. That put me in a minority I know.

I would say Cooper was the most universally popular I can remember, even though a lot of people thought it was time for him to go it seemed to be with an element of sadness because he was such a straight guy.
Yeah I get all that.
And yeah I loved Cooper
Tony Fantastico
11:33, Tue 9 Jan
Tam
Tam
- was it a home defeat against Peterborough? He was a good bloke.

Tranmere I think.

We had three successive heavy home beatings of Bristol City, Forest and then Tranmere.
11:36, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Sheep2

Terry Cooper resigned.

I wasn't at the last game v Tranmere.
I would have travelled up from Bristol for the Portsmouth game the week before(as it was my mum's birthday) though I don't remember it.

If Copper had been given the money thay gave Barry Fry there is no way we would have been in trouble that season.
Tam
11:38, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Tam

Tranmere I think.

We had three successive heavy home beatings of Bristol City, Forest and then Tranmere.

Yes, you're right. Lord, that game against Tranmere was terrible. I've a feeling (although obviously could easily be wrong!) that a game or so before, Collymore had ripped us to pieces during another heavy defeat. He was unplayable in that division at times.
Make Blues Great Again
11:39, Tue 9 Jan
Spike
Tam

Tranmere I think.

Are you ok?

Bristol City was away, open terrace in very heavy rain.
It was Forest, Portsmouth and Tranmere at home (I've looked them up)
11:48, Tue 9 Jan
the ferret
Rab C Nesbitt
I can’t stand Bruce

Bruce is a funny one Rab. Whatever people say about him he gave us back some dignity in this city after 16 years in the wilderness. I will never forget those games against that lot in the first couple of years in the premiership. The 2-1 win at their place stands out because we had been on a poor run and were there for the taking. We should have been 4 up at half time.

Cooper was adored by all. A lovely man and a true gentleman.
Fry was infectious. He had a screw loose which endeared him to many.
I can’t forget what Bruce gave us initially but that’s been trumped by what he’s done since. Narcissistic Bastard
Tony Fantastico
11:59, Tue 9 Jan
Sheep2
Spike
Tam

Tranmere I think.

Are you ok?

Bristol City was away, open terrace in very heavy rain.
It was Forest, Portsmouth and Tranmere at home (I've looked them up)

Well, looking them up is bloody cheating innit?

We had a 3-0 at home against Cambridge as well but I think that was when Mackay got sacked and Macari came in maybe. Claridge scored for Cambridge with a shinned cross.

Was the 3-0 beating at Bristol the one where Cole and Rosenior slaughtered us? Or was it the Wayne Allison hat-trick? We had some dickings at Bristol around then. Didn't we have two sent off in the one game? Rowbotham was one of them.
12:05, Tue 9 Jan
Cooper was a manager who could get a team of ok players playing lovely football. I remember going to Palace in the cup when they had lots of great players and we were Div 3. We outplayed them but think it was a draw in the end.
12:11, Tue 9 Jan
JohnP
Cooper was a manager who could get a team of ok players playing lovely football. I remember going to Palace in the cup when they had lots of great players and we were Div 3. We outplayed them but think it was a draw in the end.

Yeah, we should have beaten Palace in the first game and the replay. They scored very late equalisers in both.

We lost the second replay 2 1.

You're right, that was a good Palace side and we pushed them to the wire.
the ferret
I might be making this up but didn't Terry Cooper put his own money up to buy Peschisolido?
The club were skint and Cooper wanted the player.

No it wasn’t Cooper. Fans could pay a couple of quid a week back then to something called the ‘true blue’ club. That raised £25k which they spent on Peschisolido.