10:47, Wed 10 Jan
Turdtowns 🤣
10:49, Wed 10 Jan
Newbs
MacAttack
A sense of entitlement. Wealth. Geography. Meeting fans of the clubs/residents of areas.

Those are my top four.

Non working class clubs from the top two tiers:

Vile
Fulham
Brighton
Palace
Arsenal
Brentford
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Norwich
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Bristol City
Plymouth
QPR

I could offer stereotypical approaches but I can't really expand as i'm actually unsure

Do our middle/upper class fans take offence when we are described as working class?

By the traditional definition i'm working class aspiring to be middle class. That's the point of the crab and the bucket though isnt it?
When I can class myself as being in the middle, i won't take offence to us being described as working class. It's more to do with our roots.

Having walked around the centre of Plymouth before the game in December I was shocked at how rough it was. Everybody smoking, hardly anybody with teeth - I think areas of the South-West are now meant to be some of the most deprived

I'd have said Plymouth was working class, it is largely a giant naval dockyard and other working sea based industries.

I'd add Southampton on to the above list, while Portsmouth I'd say is working class (similar to Plymouth).
Dan
10:49, Wed 10 Jan
Newbs
MacAttack
A sense of entitlement. Wealth. Geography. Meeting fans of the clubs/residents of areas.

Those are my top four.

Vile
Fulham
Brighton
Palace
Arsenal
Brentford
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Norwich
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Bristol City
Plymouth
QPR

I could offer stereotypical approaches but I can't really expand as i'm actually unsure

Do our middle/upper class fans take offence when we are described as working class?

By the traditional definition i'm working class aspiring to be middle class. That's the point of the crab and the bucket though isnt it?
When I can class myself as being in the middle, i won't take offence to us being described as working class. It's more to do with our roots.

Having walked around the centre of Plymouth before the game in December I was shocked at how rough it was. Everybody smoking, hardly anybody with teeth - I think areas of the South-West are now meant to be some of the most deprived

Within 5 minutes of getting off the train I saw a young lady try and punch a pigeon and then watched a crackhead couple having a scrap with each other.

Loved it, great place.
10:50, Wed 10 Jan
Newbs
MacAttack

Those are my top four.

Vile
Fulham
Brighton
Palace
Arsenal
Brentford
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Norwich
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Bristol City
Plymouth
QPR

All I need to know is that in at least 2/3 rds of those grounds you would get a 'slap' if you jumped up in
the home end and started giving it large. That's working class enough for me.
10:54, Wed 10 Jan
It's just an easy throw away comment that every manager says about any club they are being asked about. Your not really going to offend anybody when saying it and it fills out the interview. I don't blame managers, players or whoever says it to be honest, as the interviewer doesn't really give the interviewee any room to bring any character or personality to the answer with the ridiculous leading questions they ask time and time again. Blues media team are terrible for it as is every other sports media presenter or interviewer.
Let these people have a chance to answer questions as honestly as possible with as much personality as possible. It's the media trained robots that make ruin it.
11:11, Wed 10 Jan
Fulham
Reading
Bournemouth
Norwich
Arsenal

Off the top of my head
My Blue Heaven
There was an article a while ago about fans of each clubs average wage and wealth. We were considerably better off than the vile

I'd like to see this and keep it on file.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Ribeye
Fulham
Reading
Bournemouth
Norwich
Arsenal

Off the top of my head

Arsenal have attracted lots of new fans, tourists etc in the modern era but they still have a working class core
which was there long before sky and the PL. They were a big working class London club

They had a good firm in the 80s too, i wouldn't under estimate them and put them in that cosy little middle class club bracket with Fulham.

Nowadays, they would have BOTH working class and middle class fans but the latter alone doesn't make them a middle class club
11:48, Wed 10 Jan
MacAttack

Those are my top four.

Vile
Fulham
Brighton
Palace
Arsenal
Brentford
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Norwich
Bournemouth
Leicester
Watford
Bristol City
Plymouth
QPR

I spend a lot of time in Plymouth, would definitely remove it from that list, obviously Exeter in the League below but have a much more middle class support.
It certainly wasn’t that wealthy in the past. Camden and Islington both had very rough parts.
Bordesley not Small Heath
Working class club thesedays just means you have remained RUBBISH and the fanbase hasn't attracted any new fans IE Tourists, middle class families, people who are 'new' to football etc EG: Blues, Millwall, Middleboro

I went to see Millwall v Newcastle once at the old Den, and they were passing round cups of soup at half time. Not quite what I had expected!
12:13, Wed 10 Jan
I was working class when I started following Blues (1963), but not any more. I retired ten years ago!
12:17, Wed 10 Jan
Bournville was a quaker village set up to house the workers in a 'Utopia', providing work, housing and leisure - no pubs though!
We used to have to walk to Selly for a beer!

The affluent areas of south Birmingham skirt the more industrial areas where most of the big factories were. These have obviously expanded since Thatcher started to dismantle manufacturing in this country.
12:18, Wed 10 Jan
Parts of Southampton weren't much better when we went earlier this season
12:20, Wed 10 Jan
newblue
It certainly wasn’t that wealthy in the past. Camden and Islington both had very rough parts.

still do, i lived in islington not long ago, close to the arsenal ground, only place i've lived in london that had trick or treaters on halloween which probably gives a good idea of the road i lived on.

however there was 3/4 tower blocks 2-3 min walk away, its the same pretty much all over london, pockets of wealth amongst poorer areas