12:53, Wed 10 Jan
ST prices (at the start of the season) were criticised for being too expensive - but now suddenly they are good value for money. Matchday prices have also been criticised for being too expensive.

What would you say a good structure should be next season? Something like anywhere in stadium, every game (no categories) £25 adult, £20 senior, £15 18-22, £10 5-17 and £5 under 5's? Something similar to what Baggies do? Could a £350 season ticket for 1 adult and 1 child in Arthurs Area entice people down?

I believe, we should also simplify season tickets with same prices anywhere in stadium, but also do a deal one on adult + 18-22, 5-17 or under 5 when buying together.

Key is to try and hit that 20,000 season ticket mark and not rely on matchday prices.

Thoughts?
12:55, Wed 10 Jan
I think a set matchday price irrespective of opponents would be great, but I think it would be nearer £30 than £25 - which is still better than being asked nearly £40 for a game like Saturday.
12:55, Wed 10 Jan
I expect deals to entice the younger fan, the club knows it has lost a lot of younger support and it needs to attract some of them down. But, if we are to progress and spend more money we need to take more money so expect increases across the board too.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:05, Wed 10 Jan
Just had a quick look at Boro v Sunderland (so I assume a Cat A game).

South Stand (equivalent to Tilton)

Over 65 £24.00
Under 18 £19.00
Adult Member £31.00
Over 65 Member £23.00
Under 18 Member £18.00

West Stand (equivalent to Kop)

Over 65 £25.00
Under 18 £19.00
Adult Member £32.00
Over 65 Member £24.00
Under 18 Member £18.00

So just looking at that alone, I would say our matchday prices are very high.
13:05, Wed 10 Jan
I think you are right, West Brom got their ticket pricing strategy spot on IMO and that is reflected in the attendances.

£25 should be the high mark in the Championship.

Ours are far too high to get people back into the routine of going to matches. £35 to £37.50 is crazy for where we are as a club at this level of football, regardless of how you dress it up.
13:07, Wed 10 Jan
I dont think many people were critical of the ST prices - they shouldnt be they are reasonable

I defended the club for the match day ticket prices they were charging while the kop and tilton lower werent open - they were very few grade A tickets available anyway in the these stands so most matchday buyers bought in the GML / OG / Main Stand which was cheaper and didnt present as an issue

that said I think they've really cocked it up asking for £39.05 for the likes of Sat game in the Kop - that cant be right

Know they want to encourage people to buy season tickets but also think they need more palatable match day prices to tempt people back who have walked away over last 10 years - they then might buy a season ticket....
13:12, Wed 10 Jan
I like the way QPR have done it to be fair.

They charge £35 for a yearly membership for non-st holders which then gives them access to discounted tickets across the board and then offers like their next 3 home games for £75.00 which is decent value.

The club is then getting revenue in the form of the membership which then the fan is effectively getting that initial outlay back in the form of the offers and discounted tickets.

Also think some initiatives for next season for ST holders to 'bring a friend' for a reduced rate wouldn't be a bad idea for those with ST's trying to convince no ST holders mates to 'experience the project'.

I know ticketing is difficult though, if I'm not mistaken has to be submitted to the EFL before the season start along with reciprocal pricing for away tickets and then there's opportunities throughout the season to 'activate' slot for offers etc. Happy to be corrected on this though.
13:13, Wed 10 Jan
yep pretty sure thats right.

the membership is a good idea too, will help give the club data on non season ticket holders for targeting too
13:15, Wed 10 Jan
I have just been having a mooch and for the life of me cant remember who did it but there was a membership scheme (which you join) which then gives you 3 points per match ticket purchased which can be redeemed for "free" match tickets once you have enough points. Little bit like a Costa card where you buy say 5 cofffee's then have enough points for one free. Then start again. Hopefully the club have plans in place for such ideas.
13:16, Wed 10 Jan
£25-30 should be the max in the Champ tbh
13:21, Wed 10 Jan
Just had a random look at Bournemouth - their stadium holds about 10,000 and can offer these prices -

Linked Image
14:02, Wed 10 Jan
danielbcfc
Just had a random look at Bournemouth - their stadium holds about 10,000 and can offer these prices -

Linked Image
They’ve got Prem money to subsidise that. Leeds are charging Rotherham £45 soon and their fans will pay the same in that stand
Tony Fantastico
16:24, Wed 10 Jan
danielbcfc
ST prices (at the start of the season) were criticised for being too expensive - but now suddenly they are good value for money. Matchday prices have also been criticised for being too expensive.

What would you say a good structure should be next season? Something like anywhere in stadium, every game (no categories) £25 adult, £20 senior, £15 18-22, £10 5-17 and £5 under 5's? Something similar to what Baggies do? Could a £350 season ticket for 1 adult and 1 child in Arthurs Area entice people down?

I believe, we should also simplify season tickets with same prices anywhere in stadium, but also do a deal one on adult + 18-22, 5-17 or under 5 when buying together.

Key is to try and hit that 20,000 season ticket mark and not rely on matchday prices.

Thoughts?

I sit in Arthur's area and it didn't cost me much more than 350 this season and that was for 1 adult and 2 kids season tickets.
16:30, Wed 10 Jan
We should have pricing tiers based on being upper or lower Kop/Tilton.

Encourage the lower part of the stand to fill up with cheaper tickets. It's mental that it's the same coat for Row 3 where you barely see the game as it is for 30 with a great view.

Every game:
Kop upper - £28
Kop lower- £25
Tilton upper - £25
Tilton lower- £23
GML- £23
Olympic Gallery - £28
Main upper- £25
Main lower- £23
Arthur's Area- £15

Run kids for a quid 6 times a season.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
16:37, Wed 10 Jan
I agree that lower tilton and kop should be cheaper. It's a worse view and safe standing is only gonna suit certain people.

However I don't think we'll see prices reduced next season unfortunately, inflation makes that pretty unlikely. Kids for a quid is probably gone for good. They might freeze prices as a kind of compromise as they probably didn't expect fans to stay away as they have done.