16:39, Wed 10 Jan
Yeah I reckon they should offer cheaper season tickets for the Lower Kop

They could also do a Tilton Safe Standing season ticket to get that pretty full too, perhaps leaving a certain % of spots free for match to match attendees.

I'm hoping we can finish the season strongly, I'm pretty confident we will have a big transfer window, with reasonable pricing this could all combine to produce a really decent STH number, which would push our average towards the 23-25k mark
Happy Clapper
16:49, Wed 10 Jan
Season ticket holders could get first league cup and FA cup games free with the ticket. We really need to provide easy incentives for us to bring back our lapsed friends. 50,000 have been to Wembley, we need to attract the kids, free tickets to all the women's matches will let them see a winning Blues team.
Inspector Montalbano
Season ticket holders could get first league cup and FA cup games free with the ticket. We really need to provide easy incentives for us to bring back our lapsed friends. 50,000 have been to Wembley, we need to attract the kids, free tickets to all the women's matches will let them see a winning Blues team.

I argued with a few back in the summer over the pricing for kids, as we have gone from a free under 11 season ticket with an adult season ticket up to 21/22 season, to £50 in 22/23 and now £110 for this season. I know they done it at £23 in Arthur's area, but that limits that offer to around 1,000 £23 tickets?
They also changed the pricing categories for kids this season too, which I don't think was right.

I get we need to raise revenue, but as I said in the summer, I dont think hiking kids tickets prices the way they did, whilst in a cost of living crisis was the smartest move. No matter which way we look at it, those kids are the next generation of fans (and I am sure we have lost a generation of fans already because of the last decade of decline) and we should be doing everything we can to bring them down to Blues and not have them standing on the outside where they end up supporting a team like Man City.
18:15, Wed 10 Jan
Le Mod

They could also do a Tilton Safe Standing season ticket to get that pretty full too, perhaps leaving a certain % of spots free for match to match attendees.

I'm hoping we can finish the season strongly, I'm pretty confident we will have a big transfer window, with reasonable pricing this could all combine to produce a really decent STH number, which would push our average towards the 23-25k mark

Don't they do this now?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
18:20, Wed 10 Jan
If we are to have categories have a couple of packages so people who cant commit to having a season ticket can still be committed to attending a certain amount of games and benefit from a discount, along the lines of

10 game package:
2 cat a games
3 cat b games
5 cat c games

5 game package:
1 cat a game
2 cat b games
2 cat c games

Also give them away priority higher than general sale.
18:24, Wed 10 Jan
5 pounds
18:29, Wed 10 Jan
Best way to get more people to go to matches is to win loads of games.
All the offers in the world won't attract people to see losing football.
All you do with that is take less money from people who would go anyway.
19:06, Wed 10 Jan
and that is the right answer
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:15, Wed 10 Jan
It's my daughters birthday when they play Middlesborough at home on the 27th, just flicked onto the tickets to try and purchase tickets for four of us. At £37.50 an adult ticket for that game i'm afraid i deem that to much along with the prices of the other tickets. We seriously need to review the prices as whilst we have plenty of empty seats we should be trying to fill these. We need to be more creative in our pricing structure.
That game won't be going ahead anyway so don't buy them
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:00, Wed 10 Jan
Inspector Montalbano

There have been free women’s tickets, people don’t use them.
20:29, Wed 10 Jan
I'd rather them charge £40 for the Women's games and free for the men.
11:04, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod

Think you're spot on. The funny thing is it's disappointing when you look around the ground or look on the TV, the stadium looks half empty because everybody is sat in the upper tiers - we're still getting 20-21k which is actually very decent compared to the last 10 years, they're just all sat in the upper.

I was just having a bit of a think about why their current pricing isn't right, and decided to write a brain dump. Apologies.

I'd think cheaper tickets in the lower Tilton and KOP makes sense, both ST and matchday tickets, even for branding. It's not a good look to see that many empty seats, and then you get divs like Mavididi who would never have done what he did if that block was more or less full.

Another side to the argument is you can't try to play possession based football, especially when you're not winning, and expect a good footballing atmosphere. Possession football (even though we definitely haven't reached that point yet) is in it's nature quite low tempo and boring because it offers a high degree of control over a game. It's the higher tempo that creates atmosphere.

And then you have the obvious overarching pricing issue. You can't buy into a "working-class" club and try to be proud of it's roots whilst simultaneously charging money that people simply can't justify or afford to get in. I'm going to play on stereotypes a little here too so apologies, but generally, the profile of fan we will attract at £20 a ticket is more likely to sing and generate atmosphere than those you attract when you push the pricing up to £40 for adults. Even if that isn't the case, in the current economic climate, if I'm going to a game and I have a budget and the ticket takes up the vast majority of that budget, I'm less likely to have a few beers before the game. Drunk fans create more atmosphere.

Just feels like they got it wrong this year. I understand why they've done it because they will ultimately be making more profit this way, but hopefully next year with the fanzones too, they can reduce the matchday prices a bit and get more people back while keeping their profits up. I will say in their credit that the ST prices are spot on. I think £400 is fair, quite good even, and the half ST's are well priced too. As a ST holder myself, I would not mind the matchday pricing being dropped significantly. Even at £20, I still get value for my ST and I'm more likely to enjoy the experience if the attendance is higher.
Dan
11:16, Thu 11 Jan
£20 is just an unrealistic amount though. I doubt you'll get a ticket for any club in the top 4 divisions for £20 these days.

Looked at a few clubs just now, Sutton United are bottom of League Two and to see them play Harrogate on a Tuesday night at the end of the month is £21 for standing and £25 for seating.

Newport County vs Swindon tickets range from £21 to £31 for seating.

Grimsby charge £22-24.

We cannot expect to progress as a club by charging less than League Two/National League sides charge. Yes some of the current ticket prices are too steep but you've also got to be realistic. The days of £20 tickets in the Championship, on the whole, went a long time ago.
11:22, Thu 11 Jan
I don't think it does make sense.

If a season ticket in the upper Tilton will cost £400 why would the club opt to sell tickets in the Lower section to people for £350?
You have to sell 8 tickets for every 7 just to break even. That means nearly 3,000 extra people just to not lose money.

Even if we do well in the Championship our average crowd is not that likely to exceed 23,000 while it is about 20,000 at the moment.

To an extent we need to rinse existing supporters as much as possible without losing them and put on some offers to attract casual fans.
Anything that reduces the cost to the existing lunatics seems a bit daft.