10:48, Wed 17 Jan
Yeah, there's bugger all you can do about it really. It does worry me though, especially during evening games.

Would be lovely if WMP could be arsed to do something about it.
10:50, Wed 17 Jan
StechyBlue
Some poor bugger had the front of their car stripped on Garrison Street again.

At least you've only got to nip around the back of Arthur Street to get your parts back.
How many times have the rozzers found chop shops around the area. Untaxed crash repair motors parked on public road.

It's a joke.

Do they usually give you them back, if you ask them nicely?
the king loves me
10:52, Wed 17 Jan
I tweeted Jeremy Dale last night but had been thinking for a while, could the club invest in a handful of private security types to patrol the main parking areas- like Garrison Street- from say 2pm to 6pm on a Saturday or 7pm to 11pm for a midweek game?

No idea what that costs but what a great bit of PR for the club and a really nice thing to do to look after fans.

Also shames WMP because they won't stop it.

Not entirely sure it's legal for a private firm to be patrolling public land? I might be wrong.

This 100% should be down to the police, especially considering how common it is.

Bugger all going on during the match so some of the ones outside the ground pre-match can just sit in their cars on various roads to keep watch during the game and then back to their normal positions 10 mins before FT.
10:53, Wed 17 Jan
Nikola Zigic
I tweeted Jeremy Dale last night but had been thinking for a while, could the club invest in a handful of private security types to patrol the main parking areas- like Garrison Street- from say 2pm to 6pm on a Saturday or 7pm to 11pm for a midweek game?

No idea what that costs but what a great bit of PR for the club and a really nice thing to do to look after fans.

A few of our fans actually own Security Services companies, don't they, so maybe they could offer the club a reduced/mates rate to do some patrolling, during evening games, which is generally when these problems seem to occur.
the king loves me
11:02, Wed 17 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady

Not entirely sure it's legal for a private firm to be patrolling public land? I might be wrong.

This 100% should be down to the police, especially considering how common it is.

Bugger all going on during the match so some of the ones outside the ground pre-match can just sit in their cars on various roads to keep watch during the game and then back to their normal positions 10 mins before FT.

I think it is perfectly legal, they just have less powers - the same as any normal member of the public.
But good deterrence effect, presumably, from having them there patrolling.
11:36, Wed 17 Jan
Waggeh
Yeah, there's bugger all you can do about it really. It does worry me though, especially during evening games.

Someone / vigilantes needs to kneecap one the thieving fekkers then another at the next home game then another etc etc.
The Old Bill will then sink lot's of resources into apprehending the vigilantes no doubt !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
11:47, Wed 17 Jan
generalBlue
Waggeh

Someone / vigilantes needs to kneecap one the thieving fekkers then another at the next home game then another etc etc.
The Old Bill will then sink lot's of resources into apprehending the vigilantes no doubt !

I remain unconvinced that physically attacking members of an organised crime gang is a useful solution here.
11:56, Wed 17 Jan
The problem is (i'd imagine) the act of nicking a bumper doesn't carry that much punishment.
It's the wider risk the police have to consider, like the links to dangerous crash-repaired vehicles being resold by these popup car sales places bolted onto the side of a fookin car wash.

We see the police occasionally bust a door down but another one pops up down the road. It is a massive network.

The random targeting says to me that these chop shops send people out with particular models in mind.
£100 quid per part stolen for the thief. Garage charge 'PARTS and labour' to the customer.

Easy money. Hands clean. Nearly a grand and all they've had to do is put 100 quid in the hands of a thief and fit a bumper and the stolen part is driven off site.
13:10, Wed 17 Jan
Every match there are a lot of WMP officers at the ground. Once the match starts the need for them to be there diminshes significantly until the game ends. How about in this down time, they do a bit of crime prevention and patrol the most targeted streets.Lets see if they can catch some of the scum bags in the act. You never know it might lead to further arrests
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
13:14, Wed 17 Jan
certain models are very easy to strip, so those are usually the ones targetted

Ford Fiesta's are popular for it IIRC
14:17, Wed 17 Jan
was a fiesta last night on garrison street and about 4 cars behind mine - got my insurance renewal through yesterday morning had gone up from £1100 to £3900 with no laims or anyhting causing that - we now know why !
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:21, Wed 17 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
was a fiesta last night on garrison street and about 4 cars behind mine - got my insurance renewal through yesterday morning had gone up from £1100 to £3900 with no laims or anyhting causing that - we now know why !

Kinell,mines only gone up £50. Get on the comparison sites.
14:30, Wed 17 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
got my insurance renewal through yesterday morning had gone up from £1100 to £3900 with no laims or anyhting causing that - we now know why !

Not a Land Rover of some description by any chance is it? Got similar feedback
We've only got Chewits
15:48, Wed 17 Jan
yep, on the comp sites can get again for similar price to last year but much less choice than last year. Will swap it at end of this year for something less attractive to the insurance compnaies.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
16:28, Wed 17 Jan
It's got so pricey now for those (because of keyless entry) that Range Rover is doing its own insurance now.