14:25, Wed 17 Jan
The Telegraph reported that blues are interested in Alex Pritchard

"Sunderland midfielder Alex Pritchard has interest from three clubs taking him on a long-term deal after entering the last six months of his deal at the Stadium of Light.
Birmingham City, under former Sunderland boss Tony Mowbray, would explore a deal for the 30- year-old but he is also being monitored by Sivasspor in Turkey and MLS outfit Colorado Rapids."
14:26, Wed 17 Jan
John Percy, or just a name writing for The Telegraph?
14:29, Wed 17 Jan
Mike McGrath who's usually pretty good, suspect its agent talk though
14:30, Wed 17 Jan
Not sure if we need another no 10, but he’s very good at creating chances.
Gazball?
14:30, Wed 17 Jan
He plays in the one position that we're reasonably well stocked in. I'd be suprised if we were in for him.
14:32, Wed 17 Jan
30. Doesn't really fit the profile.

That being said, we will need another 10 players in the summer and I've not got confidence in George Hall keeping fit, so something like this on a 2 year deal would be fine really.

30 is no age these days.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
14:34, Wed 17 Jan
HackneyBlue
Mike McGrath who's usually pretty good, suspect its agent talk though

Could be right, wouldn't be against adding him as he is a good player in this league.

I do think it'll be at between an 6 - 18 month deal, similar to the Kevin Long transfer last January, to get us over the line this season and some experience next.

One of them, take it or leave it. Not sure Sunderland would let Tone just take one of their players though on a free and I couldn't imagine Knighthead wanting to use tight FFP space this season on a transfer fee for a 30 year old player.
14:34, Wed 17 Jan
Nikola Zigic
30. Doesn't really fit the profile.

That being said, we will need another 10 players in the summer and I've not got confidence in George Hall keeping fit, so something like this on a 2 year deal would be fine really.

30 is no age these days.

Could of saved my reply - what he said
14:38, Wed 17 Jan
Good footballer, certainly doesn't fit the age profile, though he doesn't appear to be someone who's on the wane, he does however fit the mould of becoming a creative team that uses the ball.

For 18 months or even till 2026 it wouldn't be the worst signing. As you say, if we're signing 10+ between now and September then the odd one might be more 'mature'
Happy Clapper
14:45, Wed 17 Jan
And relatively low risk with manager knowing the player and vice versa, could hit the ground running.
14:46, Wed 17 Jan
Attacking midfield is the only position that we are stacked in. I'm sure we will do a bit of business this month but won't be a mad one.
14:51, Wed 17 Jan
Le Mod
Good footballer, certainly doesn't fit the age profile, though he doesn't appear to be someone who's on the wane, he does however fit the mould of becoming a creative team that uses the ball.

For 18 months or even till 2026 it wouldn't be the worst signing. As you say, if we're signing 10+ between now and September then the odd one might be more 'mature'

This.

Gotta fill the team with good footballers as Mowbray says.
15:04, Wed 17 Jan
TCKRO
Attacking midfield is the only position that we are stacked in. I'm sure we will do a bit of business this month but won't be a mad one.

Who have we got?

James might be off to Atalanta
Hall is never fit
Anderson is out of contract
Stansfield is unlikely to return
Dembele is a winger- not central
Burke is terrible and on loan
Roberts is also never fit

We've basically got Bacuna and Miyoshi and the former players deeper, wide, full back, physio and tea lady.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:05, Wed 17 Jan
Yeah he's a very clever footballer, would definitely improve us in possession and has very good delivery from set pieces.

Age also not much of a concern for me, he's been fit all season for Sunderland and is definitely not over the hill. Our lack of composure/experience in games is noticeable at present and he could help.

He will be on a modest wage, has lot's of experience in the division and if we go after him he must be somebody the manager knows and trusts.

On an 18/24 month deal I'd be happy with this one.
Nikola Zigic
TCKRO

Who have we got?

James might be off to Atalanta
Hall is never fit
Anderson is out of contract
Stansfield is unlikely to return
Dembele is a winger- not central
Burke is terrible and on loan
Roberts is also never fit

We've basically got Bacuna and Miyoshi and the former players deeper, wide, full back, physio and tea lady.

Yep. Just going to post this. Josh Home is been tipped for a debut soon so he can play there, but I think Pritchrd would be decent for us.
If I had the wings of a sparrow