Cattellroadcorner
Nikola Zigic
TCKRO
Attacking midfield is the only position that we are stacked in. I'm sure we will do a bit of business this month but won't be a mad one.

Who have we got?

James might be off to Atalanta
Hall is never fit
Anderson is out of contract
Stansfield is unlikely to return
Dembele is a winger- not central
Burke is terrible and on loan
Roberts is also never fit

We've basically got Bacuna and Miyoshi and the former players deeper, wide, full back, physio and tea lady.

Yep. Just going to post this. Josh Home is been tipped for a debut soon so he can play there, but I think Pritchrd would be decent for us.

Yeah behind them we've got Home, Donovan and Khela. Virtually all completely untried.

He's a yes from me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:09, Wed 17 Jan
my scientific analysis suggests that Sunderland fans want to keep him, he'll do for me
15:23, Wed 17 Jan
Yep and think he is different to what we have... maybe not in position - although believe he's played deeper that a 10 too - but in terms of guile, composure, controlling the game.
We haven't had anyone really do that since Barry Ferguson.

We've players who'll thrive from getting the ball early and in space, but not many who can see that pass let alone make it.
15:33, Wed 17 Jan
It's not like we are desperate for an attacking midfielder. I would say we probably need to focus on other positions on the pitch such as a striker.
15:41, Wed 17 Jan
I don't think it would stop us signing a striker tbh, I don't think it's either or
Happy Clapper
15:49, Wed 17 Jan
watched the Sunderland Newcastle game and he stood out as Sunluns best player....composed, decent touch...good footballer
15:52, Wed 17 Jan
Most definitely but whether it'll happen this month I'm not too sure.
15:59, Wed 17 Jan
NouCamp
watched the Sunderland Newcastle game and he stood out as Sunluns best player....composed, decent touch...good footballer
Sunderland fans want him to stay, and are wondering why he hasn’t been offered a contract extension.

This might just an agent trying to put pressure on Sunderland.
Gazball?
16:02, Wed 17 Jan
If we are really interested, please please please, look at his running stats, during his medical - put him on the bleep machine - we cant have another midfieldef whose legs have gone.

No more Adam Claytons, or non-mobile midfielders (bielik)
16:03, Wed 17 Jan
2017/18 at St Andrews he played for Norwich ,sneaky git was on a wind up with the crowd scored against us , .....just the right sort of player we need tbh
16:05, Wed 17 Jan
Good strikers are also harder to come by and generally come at a premium. If there's one who becomes available that's worth doing I think they'd do it but there's no guarantee of that. If not they'll probably just think we can get by with what we have this season and wait until the summer when the budget will allow us to be a bit more of a force in the market.
16:06, Wed 17 Jan
Good graphic from Blues Breakdown RE those who are contracted beyond June

[x.com]

Linked Image
Happy Clapper
16:11, Wed 17 Jan
Le Mod
Good graphic from Blues Breakdown RE those who are contracted beyond June

[x.com]

Linked Image
That’s quality. And very positive for the future
Tony Fantastico
KC
16:18, Wed 17 Jan
We still need that midfield general who connects and moves the ball around Ferguson style ( not easy to find) as part of a new spine to the team.
16:29, Wed 17 Jan
KC
KC
We still need that midfield general who connects and moves the ball around Ferguson style ( not easy to find) as part of a new spine to the team.

Given how TM wants to dominate possession, I'm sure he's looking at this as the main priority. A good midfielder will have so many more touches (& chances to positively influence the game) than a new goalkeeper or number 9, so that position changes the identity of the team more than others.