17:25, Thu 18 Jan
[www.pitchero.com]

Another club gone.
17:36, Thu 18 Jan
Can you have a Phoenix club of a Phoenix club?

AFC Borough of Nuneaton Town FC
19:14, Thu 18 Jan
Shame, but who on earth are going to play on the ground? Surely its better to have someone there than no one?
19:17, Thu 18 Jan
TresorLuntala
Shame, but who on earth are going to play on the ground? Surely its better to have someone there than no one?

Nuneaton RFC play there but the rumours are that the ground owner wants them out so he can redevelop the land.
19:24, Thu 18 Jan
The site could probably be redeveloped as industrial units.

Ironically the last game I saw at the old ground was Borough Vs Leicester United, previously known as Enderby Town.

They were another club that sold their ground for housing and then wasted the cash.

Disappeared and, unlike Borough, weren't re-formed.

I fear that will be Nuneaton's fate this time.

Similar problems at Atherstone.
19:37, Thu 18 Jan
The Boro's old Manor Park ground was close to the town centre and people could walk up and stop at a few pubs on the way.Like other teams they moved to an out of town soulless ground that people had to drive to with a product that was not worth the effort.
Were a well supported club back in the 60's and 70's and had a couple of decent cup runs. Think they even had a couple of 20k plus crowds and the odd season in the 5th tier.
Ah well,times move on and change I suppose.
19:40, Thu 18 Jan
Lived in Treacle town for years, good lads bit feisty like our lot, good away following, and at one time one of the biggest non-league clubs in the UK.
19:43, Thu 18 Jan
Even into the 80's the support at the Manor was good and for a while Borough were right up amongst the top non-league clubs.

Got very close to winning the Conference at one time if I remember right.

But steadily downhill ever since the move.
19:44, Thu 18 Jan
That's right mate, a walk up Queens rd from town, stop at a few establishments such as Nag's Head, last stop Cock & Bear on the corner of the ground, all gone now, used to live on a road opposite the Nag's. Quite a few good Blues lads live, or lived in the town.
19:45, Thu 18 Jan
The same season Wimbledon came up from the Conference, Boro finished 2nd, i believe. 22k their record attendance against Rotherham in the cup.
19:46, Thu 18 Jan
"In March 1983, George Best played for Nuneaton Borough in a friendly match against Coventry City and scored from a penalty."

Interesting fact
19:48, Thu 18 Jan
Bloody hell Oboe,was that Norman Avenue or Marlborough road ?
We lived on the Cock and Bear Hill right opposite the ground.
19:50, Thu 18 Jan
We actually met and shook hands with Muhammad Ali at the old Borough Ground. Still got has autograph to this day
20:57, Thu 18 Jan
Just off Marlborough rd, new build flats.
08:35, Fri 19 Jan
Were they on the site of the old Courtaulds factory ?