11:26, Fri 19 Jan
Oboe
That's right mate, a walk up Queens rd from town, stop at a few establishments such as Nag's Head, last stop Cock & Bear on the corner of the ground, all gone now, used to live on a road opposite the Nag's. Quite a few good Blues lads live, or lived in the town.

After we played Leicester in the cup before COVID, I changed trains there and went to a pub near the station. Was rough as f*ck. Genuinely horrible. Had to listen to a racist old Sunderland fan at the bar banging on like he was still in a pub in 1963.

Watched Chasetown there about fifteen years ago too. Felt rough then too but marked it up as it had a Liquid and Envy night club. Was the hallmark of a shit middle sized provincial town they were.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:44, Fri 19 Jan
Ha the Railway Tavern by any chance? Been in there a few times when changing trains. A rough old place and I have seen people with cases waiting for a train looking terrified as lads bouncing round off their heads at 2pm in the afternoon. Had the pleasure of being in their on a Saturday night once (whilst waiting for a train) and being told by a woman in her 70’s that it was the only place in the world to be. Whilst rough, i’ve need felt like i would have any hassle in there.

Shut down now, shockingly.
19:13, Fri 19 Jan
Yes mate
19:15, Fri 19 Jan
Yeah sounds about right. Go in through the front door, go through a door to the right and the bar is in front and there's a pool table down the back of the pub to the left.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
19:19, Fri 19 Jan
It can, or could be a rough old town, but Bedworth, or Beduff as locals call it could be rougher, and Cov rougher still. Bedworth always thought Nuneaton as big time charlies, used to be loads of trouble between the 2 towns and Nuneaton were rightly wary of 'Beduff'. Few Brummies exiled to both towns.
19:24, Fri 19 Jan
Lol the Tav, used to be our first port of call before the 11 -11.30 o clock train into Brum, and our first drink back in Nuneaton after last train back. It used to be a haunt for lads of different clubs, it had all sorts in there including students. At one time before smoking was banned, it was often like walking into a fog.
19:35, Fri 19 Jan
Shame for the club but a truly awful place.
H

Consistently correct.
22:21, Fri 19 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Shame for the club but a truly awful place.

Could be worse, could be Tamworth.
22:28, Fri 19 Jan
Respectfully, Tamworth isn't perfect but Nuneaton makes it looks like effing Rome.
H

Consistently correct.
22:35, Fri 19 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Respectfully, Tamworth isn't perfect but Nuneaton makes it looks like effing Rome.

Cobblers!

Neither are great but Tamworth depressing and full of knuckle draggers.

Fortunately for me I live in neither but equidistant from both.
07:49, Sat 20 Jan
So, so sad
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:25, Sat 20 Jan
So enlighten us oh great one having called all Tamworth residents knuckle daggers where do you live?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:31, Sat 20 Jan
Robert Hopkins
So enlighten us oh great one having called all Tamworth residents knuckle daggers where do you live?

I didn't say all Tamworth residents were knuckle draggers and why is it OK to slag off Nuneaton but not Tamworth.

Where I live is none of your business as is the case for all posters.

I have no idea where you live and even less interest.
08:38, Sat 20 Jan
There's a difference between calling the actual place crap and insulting the people who live there
H

Consistently correct.
08:40, Sat 20 Jan
Nikola Zigic
There's a difference between calling the actual place crap and insulting the people who live there

Not in my eyes.

The people make the place.