13:49, Fri 19 Jan
Not that I ever want to hear Steve Bruce ever again, even in my head, but this is a mis-translation. ‘Wor’ is ‘our’, not ‘we’. I agree it was difficult to listen to Brucie though.
13:58, Fri 19 Jan
Icm2023
Rags
Based on Uncle Tony's comments i think we will see him starting more often

“I genuinely feel that he’s one of the players, in my mind, that has to play most weeks because of his football intelligence and the way we’re going to ask the team to play, we’re going to need some intelligent footballers there.”

The manager added: “I think playing off the right as an attacker, in my mind, is his best position. He naturally comes into little pockets of space and can run in behind as well.

“He’s very good defensively minded in blocking off passing lines. He’s an intelligent footballer. We like him a lot.”

Could we ever be looking at

Ruddy
Drameh Sanderson Long Buchanan
Bacuna James
Miyoshi Stansfield Dembele
Langstaff

Obviously Laird when fit

Glad we have a manager with that outlook who keeps mentioning about good footballers.

I think it’s pretty much unanimous Miyoshi has to start from the fan base.

Bloody good team that is.

Probably a GK, CB, CM and some depth away from top six challengers.
14:14, Fri 19 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Miyoshi has that bit of quality.

I'm still convinced he deliberately hit that ball into the ground to bounce it over the defender against Hull.

Luv tha bastard.

TBH when he scored at first I thought he hit the defender it was only later when I watched it back a few times I realised what had happened.

The lad has so much energy and seems to be a right tough nut to crack, he looks like could run through the proverbial brick wall and still play another 90mins at full speed.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
14:35, Fri 19 Jan
I think there’s no chance that’s what he meant to do.
14:36, Fri 19 Jan
I love hearing TM talk about the game. He sounds so knowledgable and clued up.
14:52, Fri 19 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Miyoshi has that bit of quality.

I'm still convinced he deliberately hit that ball into the ground to bounce it over the defender against Hull.

Luv tha bastard.

I think he did too. We should be looking at more Japanese players IMO
14:54, Fri 19 Jan
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

😂😂😂 i admire your optimism

We're gonna need them. Junior Dixon & Josh Andrews aren't going to be 1st team squad members, so whilst we will probably loan in at least 1, we will need another 2 more.

I reckon Stansfield, Hogan & Juke are costing >£50k a week between them.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
Yeah - we might not necessarily buy 3 forwards but we will need to bring 3 forwards in over the summer.
15:27, Fri 19 Jan
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

We're gonna need them. Junior Dixon & Josh Andrews aren't going to be 1st team squad members, so whilst we will probably loan in at least 1, we will need another 2 more.

Genuine question but what is the point in trying in the U-21s if you’re a striker, your score as many goals as JD, and you still can’t get near the first team?

I get all the arguments about the difference in standard. But if even he can’t make it with those stats then isn’t the whole thing a waste of time?
15:39, Fri 19 Jan
footballisanart
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

Genuine question but what is the point in trying in the U-21s if you’re a striker, your score as many goals as JD, and you still can’t get near the first team?

I get all the arguments about the difference in standard. But if even he can’t make it with those stats then isn’t the whole thing a waste of time?

Agreed.
"Keep up the good work, Junior. This time next month, you could be on loan to Forest Green Rovers till the end of the season."
Seems crazy to me. Perhaps not the best comparison, but I don't recall any of ManU's class of 92 heading off to the second tier prior to bursting into their first team.
15:41, Fri 19 Jan
Chris
Rags

Ruddy
Drameh Sanderson Long Buchanan
Bacuna Sunik
Miyoshi James Dembele
Stansfield

Not sure about sticking trolls in centre-mid, feels risky

I'm flattered, but I'm too busy mystery shopping on the match day experience.
15:43, Fri 19 Jan
Beckham was loaned to Preston and he'd already got a Champions League goal at that point.
If you are good enough/have the correct character you will be given a chance, at our club more than most.

There is a huge difference in standard and he will only be given an opportunity if they think he is ready. I personally think he needs a loan to go and test himself playing men's football.

The reason they still try for the u21's is because even if they don't make it in our first team they can attract suitors elsewhere and carve out a decent career for themselves.

I do understand where you are coming from but unfortunately the % of kids who actually make the grade is miniscule, it's the nature of the beast.
16:13, Fri 19 Jan
Mr Driscoll
footballisanart
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

Agreed.
"Keep up the good work, Junior. This time next month, you could be on loan to Forest Green Rovers till the end of the season."
Seems crazy to me. Perhaps not the best comparison, but I don't recall any of ManU's class of 92 heading off to the second tier prior to bursting into their first team.

Redmond, Gray, Bellingham and JJ didn't go on loans before getting into the 1st team. Our position for the last 10+ years has meant that if players are good enough, or even close to it, then they get played.

We had Ronan Hale a few years ago scoring for fun in the U21s but didn't make the 1st team and left back to Ireland. Scoring freely in the U21s isn't much of a basis for showing a player is 1st team ready - they are playing with and against a lot of kids who aren't going to make it.
16:23, Fri 19 Jan
BlueSA
Beckham was loaned to Preston and he'd already got a Champions League goal at that point.

Forgot that;, Fair do's. But on this site right now we've got a fair few 'Gerrimins' for a league two striker who's scoring for fun, when we've got someone on the books who's doing the same - albeit at a lower level, but who won't cost us a penny. Either would be taking a big step up. Seems to me, give him a few run outs, see where he's at and see if we can save ourselves a bob or two if it comes off.

Edit: just seen Snoop's post ( and Dan's on an earlier thread). I get that there's risks involved and do appreciate the difference in levels between U21 and Championship, but still think the lad's worth a shot from what I've seen of him.