16:27, Fri 19 Jan
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

😂😂😂 i admire your optimism

We're gonna need them. Junior Dixon & Josh Andrews aren't going to be 1st team squad members, so whilst we will probably loan in at least 1, we will need another 2 more.

I reckon Stansfield, Hogan & Juke are costing >£50k a week between them.

Genuine question but what is the point in trying in the U-21s if you’re a striker, your score as many goals as JD, and you still can’t get near the first team?

I get all the arguments about the difference in standard. But if even he can’t make it with those stats then isn’t the whole thing a waste of time?

Yeah ... but have you seen the ones he's missed and also counted how many of his goals were penalties ?
16:28, Fri 19 Jan
It’s a similar picture in local non league football. Prominent clubs such as Rushall, Tamworth, Sutton etc have some very good youngsters in their U18’s and 21’s, several who will have been on trial at pro clubs but very few end up playing first team football at those clubs. They either end up playing open age football a good few levels below or stop playing altogether.
17:14, Fri 19 Jan
footballisanart
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

We're gonna need them. Junior Dixon & Josh Andrews aren't going to be 1st team squad members, so whilst we will probably loan in at least 1, we will need another 2 more.

Genuine question but what is the point in trying in the U-21s if you’re a striker, your score as many goals as JD, and you still can’t get near the first team?

I get all the arguments about the difference in standard. But if even he can’t make it with those stats then isn’t the whole thing a waste of time?

Because everything points to the club making a real effort to get promoted next year, if one of the critical squad players is a kid who's pony then you're up against it from September, better to loan them out for regular game time, whilst we loan in a striker from the Premiership (who's possibly been on the development path of Leagues 1 & 2) for a year ourselves.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
17:50, Fri 19 Jan
Mr Driscoll
footballisanart
Louie Donowa
A_n_E
Louie Donowa
buy 3 forwards in summer

Agreed.
"Keep up the good work, Junior. This time next month, you could be on loan to Forest Green Rovers till the end of the season."
Seems crazy to me. Perhaps not the best comparison, but I don't recall any of ManU's class of 92 heading off to the second tier prior to bursting into their first team.

Well if you go to Forest Green and don't score then it shows they wouldn't have been ready for the first team.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:00, Fri 19 Jan
yeehaw
Tom TheProject Brady
Miyoshi has that bit of quality.

I'm still convinced he deliberately hit that ball into the ground to bounce it over the defender against Hull.

Luv tha bastard.

I think he did too. We should be looking at more Japanese players IMO
You lot are mental
Tony Fantastico
18:02, Fri 19 Jan
Yeah, he definitely didn’t
Happy Clapper
18:04, Fri 19 Jan
At the game from my seat you could see how bad a miss hit it was. Job done though
Tony Fantastico
18:29, Fri 19 Jan
It's remarkable it's even being considered.
18:30, Fri 19 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
At the game from my seat you could see how bad a miss hit it was. Job done though

Yeah this.
18:31, Fri 19 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

Yeah this.

LET ME effING BELIEVE!
18:38, Fri 19 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

I thought the poster meant Miyoshi tried to drive his first shot into the ground to bounce it over the defender (to score). Obviously not suggesting he did it to set up the second shot he scored. I don't think the poster meant that either.

I disagree it was a bad miss. Stansfield cut the ball back a half yard behind where it needed to be. He did well to react and slow his run to be fair.
18:50, Fri 19 Jan
yeehaw
Rab C Nesbitt

I thought the poster meant Miyoshi tried to drive his first shot into the ground to bounce it over the defender (to score). Obviously not suggesting he did it to set up the second shot he scored. I don't think the poster meant that either.

I disagree it was a bad miss. Stansfield cut the ball back a half yard behind where it needed to be. He did well to react and slow his run to be fair.

Pretty sure he was just trying to keep his shot down and accidentally overdid it.
It looked a good example for the old advice about hitting downward not up, because you might get lucky with a bounce of the ground rather than bouncing off the guy in row M.
19:21, Fri 19 Jan
yeehaw
Rab C Nesbitt

Rab said ‘miss hit’, which it was. Bit of luck but he was on the spot and followed up well.
19:32, Fri 19 Jan
newblue
yeehaw
Rab C Nesbitt

Rab said ‘miss hit’, which it was. Bit of luck but he was on the spot and followed up well.

Dropped a clanger here haven't I?

Yes, it was a mis hit. But, impressive that he had the composure to attempt to drive it into the ground instead of walloping it anywhere while off balance. That's all I was saying.
19:41, Fri 19 Jan
But how many Bacardi breezers did you have?