16:03, Fri 19 Jan
2 clubs interested = auction. Grabs popcorn.
16:39, Fri 19 Jan
quark
yeehaw
TrickyBlue
Boro want 15m for Rogers. We should be demanding the same.

Prem clubs interested in Rogers. Can't expect 15m from a Serie A team for a prospect.

Well sod them then JJ is 19 (younger than Rogers) JJ is a full international and has scored more goals than Rogers.
We need to stop selling our young stars at cut price rates. I DGAF if italian clubs cant afford what hes's worth, thats thier problem. Pay the going rate or go elsewhere

Exactly
16:45, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
quark
yeehaw
TrickyBlue

Prem clubs interested in Rogers. Can't expect 15m from a Serie A team for a prospect.

Well sod them then JJ is 19 (younger than Rogers) JJ is a full international and has scored more goals than Rogers.
We need to stop selling our young stars at cut price rates. I DGAF if italian clubs cant afford what hes's worth, thats thier problem. Pay the going rate or go elsewhere

Exactly

Personally I don't agree. He's good, don't get me wrong, but I think the FFP allowance from selling JJ for 7.5M+ is worth well more than what JJ is worth to us as a player.
16:49, Fri 19 Jan
Finchy
15m for Rogers am I missing something?

Just spoke to a boro colleague, reckons Rogers was gash the first couple of months but found his feet recently and is excellent. They got him from Man City for £1m just 6 months ago, so if the rumour is true that's an astonishing profit in such a short time.
16:51, Fri 19 Jan
If the player wants to go, which sounds like the case, our position is weaker too.
16:54, Fri 19 Jan
Has he started following La Viola on instagram?
17:04, Fri 19 Jan
And West Brom before that
18:01, Fri 19 Jan
No relevance at all but I love fiorentinas kit. Got one from the 90s in my loft, Nintendo on the front , batistuta on the back
18:06, Fri 19 Jan
Have you got the *ahem* "problematic" one?
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
18:33, Fri 19 Jan
Louie Donowa
Have you got the *ahem* "problematic" one?

I know which one you mean but nah
18:39, Fri 19 Jan
...I had the Lotto trainers with the velcro emblems, it's very rare to find the 92/93 away kit I believe 😤
19:05, Fri 19 Jan
yeehaw
TrickyBlue
quark
yeehaw
TrickyBlue

Exactly

Personally I don't agree. He's good, don't get me wrong, but I think the FFP allowance from selling JJ for 7.5M+ is worth well more than what JJ is worth to us as a player.

That’s not the point we’re making.
We shouldn’t be forced to sell a player for cheap because it’s worth more towards ffp than it is to keep him. Unless we absolutely have to sell him, we should be demanding top dollar.
19:08, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
yeehaw
TrickyBlue
quark
yeehaw
TrickyBlue

Exactly

We shouldn’t be forced to sell a player for cheap because it’s worth more towards ffp than it is to keep him. Unless we absolutely have to sell him, we should be demanding top dollar.

Actually that's not the point he's making.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
19:28, Fri 19 Jan
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...I had the Lotto trainers with the velcro emblems, it's very rare to find the 92/93 away kit I believe 😤

I know where you can get a copy one, good quality too
19:49, Fri 19 Jan
TrickyBlue
yeehaw
TrickyBlue
quark
yeehaw
TrickyBlue

Exactly

I understand the points you're making. To summarize mine:

1) I think JJ is good, but he isn't generational. He's just good, and he's replaceable

2) I think 7.5M is a good price for JJ, especially from an Italian team

3) I think you have to consider the potential buyer when assigning value to assets. Yes, I would be asking for more if it was an established Prem team in for him. That doesn't mean 7.5M is "selling him cheap"

4) I think that you have to consider our situation. Our owners have relatively bottomless pockets. They can't spend because of FFP. So yes, 7.5M in FFP allowance is probably north of 15M in "spend" when amortized, maybe more. Depends on a lot of factors, like if we are in the hole for the period, and by how much

5) On that basis, is JJ worth north of 15M to us as a player? No.
Could we replace him for north of 15M? Many times over, with change.
Could we replace him for the "actual" fee of 7.5M? Again, yes. Comfortably.

Holding out for a fee the interested parties can't or won't pay is like cutting off our nose to spite our face.