19:48, Fri 26 Jan
Yeah not sure why Zagreb vs Split and Red Star Belgrade vs Partisan haven’t been mentioned.
Few clubs in Poland too, although these teams don’t have the cache of the big name derbies mentioned, the teams and fan rivalry used to be almost murderous let alone competitive.
19:53, Fri 26 Jan
StechyBlue
BBC WM had someone on this morning talking about this being the "biggest Derby, but Wolves aren't in the black country according to some" and the caller said, "well what do we call it if Wolves aren't in the black country.... the west midlands Derby, i dunno"?

I was expecting the host to say "no because of course that would be Birmingham Villa". But no, glossed over like they'd never heard of us. Continued to discuss Baggies v WBA as some mega event. I get it, it's a tense affair but that's about it.

I read something the other day about this very thing that Wolves aren’t in the Black Country as it’s based on the triangle of a coal seam which puts Wolverhampton, Walsall and Stourbridge outside of the Black Country.

Someone wrote a paper discussing all the factors and cane to the conclusion of the area speaks with a Black Country accent/ dialect that's it’s part of the Black Country.
22:59, Mon 29 Jan
StechyBlue
BBC WM had someone on this morning talking about this being the "biggest Derby, but Wolves aren't in the black country according to some" and the caller said, "well what do we call it if Wolves aren't in the black country.... the west midlands Derby, i dunno"?

I was expecting the host to say "no because of course that would be Birmingham Villa". But no, glossed over like they'd never heard of us. Continued to discuss Baggies v WBA as some mega event. I get it, it's a tense affair but that's about it.

I read something the other day about this very thing that Wolves aren’t in the Black Country as it’s based on the triangle of a coal seam which puts Wolverhampton, Walsall and Stourbridge outside of the Black Country.

Someone wrote a paper discussing all the factors and cane to the conclusion of the area speaks with a Black Country accent/ dialect that's it’s part of the Black Country.

"Continued to discuss Baggies v WBA as some mega event."

That's one way to guarantee 3 points