13:48, Wed 31 Jan
Hi all.

My girlfriend is expecting my first baby in July and I want to lose 2/3 stone in the next 5 months.

I have very bad physical health, I'm waiting on two operations, have nerve damage in my spine as well as fibromyalgia (which really affects me)

Can anyone recommend a way for me to achieve my weight target please.
13:56, Wed 31 Jan
But the good thing is your knob works.
14:04, Wed 31 Jan
Apart from Thongs sage advice I would add just walk as much as possible. It’s low impact so should not affect your fibromyalgia….. it’s also great for the mind….. you feel good about yourself…. Less inclined to scoff crap
14:06, Wed 31 Jan
Got a Friend in me
Hi all.

My girlfriend is expecting my first baby in July and I want to lose 2/3 stone in the next 5 months.

I have very bad physical health, I'm waiting on two operations, have nerve damage in my spine as well as fibromyalgia (which really affects me)

- Cut out the booze

- Try to walk for at least an hour a day, if possible. If walking isn't for you because of your conditions you'll have to find something you can do as exercise is important physically and mentally.

- Keto diet for crash losing, then after a month move on to a healthy diet

There's no quick wins, you can't be lazy (not accusing you of being that, but to lose weight that's the truth), you have to embrace the changes.
14:06, Wed 31 Jan
Weight loss is really about changing what you eat and how much you eat. For practical advice I would suggest weight watchers who can provide advice on diet and portion sizes and give you a framework to start. Exercise is also important but I would suggest you start walking but start maybe 15 minutes a day and increase it by an extra 5 minutes each week to build up your fitness levels.
Got a Friend in me
Hi all.

Set a daily calorie goal and use MyFitnessPal to record everything you put in your mouth. If you want to smash a takeaway on the weekend save up some calories through the week.
14:08, Wed 31 Jan
Got a Friend in me
Hi all.

Good news, it's easily achievable by having calorie deficit (eating less calories than 'required' each day).

There will be lots of advice thrown at you, but a little tip from me is that I was more successful with weightloss by eating the food I like but changing the content of it.

Example:

I like a Fry Up on a Friday, and in the past I'd have (amongst other items):

2 Aldi Linconshire sausages (180 Calories per sausage, 360 calories in total). Switch to 2 Aldi Skinny Sausages (73 Calories per sausage, 143 calories in total). Saving 217 Calories.
2 Aldi Thick-cut Back Bacon (127 Calories for 2 Slices). Switch to 2 Aldi Bacon Medallions (54 calories for 2 slices). Saving 73 Calories.

Do that for all the food you usually eat and you'll be surprised how many calories you can cut from your diet.

PS. Also, cook your food in an Air Fryer where possible.
14:09, Wed 31 Jan
Get a sense that a leap straight into running 10Ks twice a week isn't going to be for you.

I lost around 2.5 stone doing 5:2 and sometimes 4:3 intermittent fasting. It took about 8-9 months and I am a pretty slovenly sort.

I think to achieve your target within your timeframe, without above-average physical exertion, you're gonna be looking at solid 4:3.

I understand people might see fasting as faddish and a little under-researched. Also, you describe a couple of health conditions that, if you were wanting to take on fasting, you'd surely have to clear that choice with your GP first.

It worked for me as a drop-weight-quick gambit, but of course, we're all different.

EDIT - Oh, and, durrr, yeah, walking!
14:10, Wed 31 Jan
1200 calories a day and as others have said,plenty of walking.Cook from scratch,look on sites like BBC food for meals under 600 calories.
14:14, Wed 31 Jan
The Keto diet certainly works.
14:15, Wed 31 Jan
Looking at how much sugar you eat/drink is a very good starting point. Hermesetas in tea/coffee, and diet pop for a cold drink
14:15, Wed 31 Jan
Atkins , eat as much protein as you like.

Minimise carbs however as with any diet exercise is important.

No bread chips/ potatoes and of course cut down on the ale.

Good luck.
14:17, Wed 31 Jan
Eat your last meal of the day as early as you can , don’t snack afterwards . Eg eat by 6pm , breakfast 8am .. your body is then fasting for 14 hours .. will improve digestion and burn up stubborn fat.. have a decent late meal ..

You can’t exercise out of a bad diet .. it’s all about the Bass ( other white fish available)

Oh and dont buy any diet or low fat products ( they have added artificial sweeteners or sugar added respectively) . Nothing processed. It’s a pain until you’re doing it and saving money as well as feeling better..

Treat yourself with a beer , don’t punish yourself.. but cut back on alcohol as much as you can
Dan
14:20, Wed 31 Jan
A lot of bad advice in this thread. 1200 calories a day is not going to be sustainable.

Ignore the fasting, no carbs etc shite. Just keep track of your calories and keep them down, that's all it comes down to. Work out what your maintenance calories are, eat less than that and try and move more.

Eat less and move more.
14:23, Wed 31 Jan
sort your diet

dont worry about exercise, if you can add some in along with changes to your diet then great thats a bonus

its all about your diet