15:59, Wed 31 Jan
Heroin
Paul Scholes could find Madeline Mccann with a pass
16:08, Wed 31 Jan
As sensible as most of the advice on here
16:33, Wed 31 Jan
Got a Friend in me
Hi all.

My girlfriend is expecting my first baby in July and I want to lose 2/3 stone in the next 5 months.

I have very bad physical health, I'm waiting on two operations, have nerve damage in my spine as well as fibromyalgia (which really affects me)

Can anyone recommend a way for me to achieve my weight target please.

You could do the "Mick Miller Vodka Diet"..... Drink 4 bottles of vodka a day, and you don't care a hoot how big you are

But seriously, I'd love a quick fix too. I've tried various things recently and I think getting older makes it harder to shift it. A work colleague has mentioned this "HIIT" exercise regime, which apparently keeps workin 48 hours after you've done your workout. He lost 3 stone during the first few pandemic months. I think I'm going to research it.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:43, Wed 31 Jan
Dan
Dan
A lot of bad advice in this thread. 1200 calories a day is not going to be sustainable.

Ignore the fasting, no carbs etc shite. Just keep track of your calories and keep them down, that's all it comes down to. Work out what your maintenance calories are, eat less than that and try and move more.

Eat less and move more.

Long time ago now, but I lived on 1000 calories a day for 10 weeks.

Lost 35lbs (14 stones to 11.5).
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
Long walk when you are fasting.

Easy and effective.
18:18, Wed 31 Jan
Join a group. Slimming World, ww whatever. Get as much support as you can from family and friends. Don't be on your own. Do the exercise you can. If you feel the need to snack have a tea or coffee, water, squash, whatever. Find distractions. Keep a diary of what you are eating. Find different rewards that don't involve calories.
18:19, Wed 31 Jan
Sheriff
Heroin

That'll do it
18:35, Wed 31 Jan
Dan
A lot of bad advice in this thread. 1200 calories a day is not going to be sustainable.

Ignore the fasting, no carbs etc shite. Just keep track of your calories and keep them down, that's all it comes down to. Work out what your maintenance calories are, eat less than that and try and move more.

Eat less and move more.

Long time ago now, but I lived on 1000 calories a day for 10 weeks.

Lost 35lbs (14 stones to 11.5).

I did a water only fast for a week and lost 2 1/2 stone. I didn’t do it to lose weight though, that was a side effect. It was to reduce inflammation and, although it worked, I wouldn’t recommend it. Hellish.

According to the advocates you stop feeling hungry after day 2 or 3. I was starving all the way through. Apparently you experience clarity of thought and an energy boost by day 4. Nope. Severe brain fog and felt grim as fook, aching like a bastard in every joint. Apparently when you break your fast you should only eat lightly and it will taste amazing. More lies. If anything the food tasted worse and then I proceeded to eat the contents of the fridge, followed by a 12” pizza. Sorted my back/neck/shoulder problems for a good while though. And I had to buy new clothes.
Oh, and my vision went by day 6 so I stopped a day early.
Calorie deficit

Get yourself my fitness pal app and set a target of 1200/1400 calories for the initial few months. Then raise it with increased exercise

Well done on a working penis. Show off
Read up the latest research on managing/reversing diabetes, buy a book, there’s loads. Doesn’t matter if you haven’t got diabetes, the advice is sound and is provided by experts on nutrition and on how foods impact your body, rather than by lunatics on a football message board.
Very bad physical health, heavily pregnant girlfriend and spine problems and I'm seeing advice on cooking from scratch. Have to start off a lot more realistic that sort of advice is never going to relate and just set the man back. You'll need easy or quick to make low calorie but filling meals and allow yourself the odd takeaway/treat dinner whether it's once a week or fortnight. The key is to enjoy your diet and not make it a chore. PM me if you want some proper detail.
20:51, Wed 31 Jan
Work towards 2000 calories in and 3000 calories burn.
Then as you approach your target weight gradually equalise those numbers above to sustain the benefits.
A 13 stone male walking 8 miles a day and consuming only 2500 calories should be a rough guide.

I appreciate that you may not have enough spare time to walk 8 miles but if you can make the time that should take about 3 hours.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
20:54, Wed 31 Jan
Having always struggled with my weight I decided to make a change in November last year.

I've lost around 50Lbs since mid November. Started off dieting with a high protein diet. Chicken, eggs, salad tuna, very boring but mix up the dressings and it keeps it somewhat fresh and interesting. I drink as much peppermint tea as I need to keep me from snacking.

After a couple of weeks I started to see results and added in walking. I'd get a bus, train or taxi a few miles out, buy a nice take out coffee, pop the headphones in and just walk home. Over the past month or so I've started lifting weights a few days a week mixed with pushups/sit ups etc on odd days to stop it getting too boring. It's still early days and I could probably do with losing another 20Lbs but I now feel like I have completely changed my relationship with food.

I intend to start couch to 5k once the weather picks up a but but It's the same as anything like this, you really have to want to make the change yourself.
21:47, Wed 31 Jan
QBBC2
I did a water only fast for a week and lost 2 1/2 stone.

Yes stick to this and ignore the strict or faddish diets.