22:37, Wed 31 Jan
That’s an amazing result.

You’ve proved the long term sustainable approach is the better that the crazy 1,000calorie a day diets.
18:07, Fri 2 Feb
Thanks for all the advice guys.
I've read through all of them and decided to do the following.

- drink water only for the remainder of Feb at least
- download my fitness pal and try to stick to 1800 calories a day max
- walk 30mins a day
- Gym 3 or 4 times a week

Will keep you updated on my progress 👍
18:25, Fri 2 Feb
👍if there is someone to do it with or a group it can help...
Work out your BMR and take say, 500 calories off of it and work to that

Monitor your foods like never before

Set yourself up on the app "Macros" and input
EVERY
SINGLE
THING

that you consume. Scan the barcodes, make it a game.

And to go hand in hand with this, get up and move. Break sweats,even if it's from walking around the block for 3km or so.
Remember why you want to make this change when you don't fancy going out and taking a walk. Find whatever you can for motivation.
Exercising isn't 'fun' until you get that endorphin hit and you become addicted to it.

Edit:I've seen your response above.
Make sure ,1800 calories is making a dent in your BMR, I don't know your current weight
If you are comfortable with the gym. Excellent, but remember that 5 days is a lot. I'm fully able bodied and healthy and manage 4 days a week at a push due to social life etc .

Water is extremely important, and don't be down heartened if in a few weeks your weight doesn't change or it goes up. It's probably water weight from replacing fat with water, which is better for you.

Check out people like Mulligainz_fitness Henleyfitness on Instagram. Their views help me.

Macros is like a free MFP, just an fyi
I'm struggling at the minute, picked up a second kid dad bod after being in good shape for quite a while.

I've been hitting 1600-1800 calories per day, running 3 times a week (probably 2.5 times on average) a mix of gym interval sprints, long run - 8km+ and a Park Run 5km. Weights twice per week.

Not dropped a pound. Baffling me.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Alternatively, enjoy every moment.

You could spend months or years worrying about losing weight, looking good, then keel over.

I’d love to live long enough to see my Granddaughter get married, but if that means someone wiping my arse for 10 years, then no thanks.

As long as I go quickly and am not a burden.

Look at Jonnie Irwin.
19:55, Fri 2 Feb
I'm struggling at the minute, picked up a second kid dad bod after being in good shape for quite a while.

I've been hitting 1600-1800 calories per day, running 3 times a week (probably 2.5 times on average) a mix of gym interval sprints, long run - 8km+ and a Park Run 5km. Weights twice per week.

Not dropped a pound. Baffling me.

Muscle weighs more than fat
19:56, Fri 2 Feb
Peakyblue
👍if there is someone to do it with or a group it can help...

Hi Dean Gaffney
Tony Fantastico
20:01, Fri 2 Feb
Probably stuffing his face with doughnuts

You can't outrun a bad diet.
20:12, Fri 2 Feb
Do you feel better though for doing the exercise?

I don’t get to hung up about the number on the scales more the measurement of my waist. There’s been weeks where I’ve gained weight but lost a couple of centimetres in my waist.
20:17, Fri 2 Feb
I Ate 5,000 Calories of Donuts Every Day FOR A WEEK! (And THIS happened!)

[invidious.protokolla.fi]

It doesn't matter if you eat to much if you burn off. Weight wise.
20:39, Fri 2 Feb
Pearly Dewdrops
Alternatively, enjoy every moment.

You could spend months or years worrying about losing weight, looking good, then keel over.

I’d love to live long enough to see my Granddaughter get married, but if that means someone wiping my arse for 10 years, then no thanks.

As long as I go quickly and am not a burden.

Look at Jonnie Irwin.

Isn't that such a shame; 50 and leaving behind a wife, a 4 year old and two 3 year old twins.

With regard to weight loss and food though, don't focus solely on calories. The quality of the diet is just, if not more, important. Perhaps you could lose weight on a 1500 calorie a day. But there's s significant difference between eating, say, on the one hand, two of MacDonalds Double quarter Pounders with cheese and a healthy diet taking in the full rainbow of fruit and veg, pulses and limiting the red meat and all that ultra processed shyte. One might finish you off before your bab has reached adulthood; the other should see you enjoying considerable time with the grandkids.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
00:07, Sat 3 Feb
I've been exercising regularly for about 5 months, and monitoring my calories. My weight hasn't budged by more than a few pounds.

However, my cardiovascular system is immensely better. I can exercise far harder, for far longer and my peak heart rate is about 15 beats per minute lower than what it was when I started.
LBN
08:22, Sat 3 Feb
Mr Driscoll
pulses and limiting the red meat

There's no reason what so ever to limit red meat. It's one of the best sources of protein, b12, iron, taurine and creatine you could eat, and it tastes great. Pulses are an absolute garbage source of nutrition in comparison.
08:44, Sat 3 Feb
LBN
The last few posts illustrate perfectly why the fat fella needs to ignore EVERYTHING he reads here read widely and consult experts.

Caveat being there aren’t really any experts, lots of advice is contradictory, despite the various experts all providing evidence to support their claims. That’s why despite Weight Watchers, Slimming World and SHA the population is fat and getting fatter.

[fingertips.phe.org.uk]