John_Smullen
Fat Buddha CBE
I put the West Brom stream on coz I can’t stand the drivel our commentator comes out with. Lasted 5 minutes. Johnson is an idiot.

Our commentator Matt Delany is an absolute tool. He says the same thing 5 or 6 times every match and he is so full of the same clichés it is unreal.

Utterly dull too
08:42, Sun 4 Feb
TheHeath
Maybe he should read a book to improve those aspects of his personality.

Not a bad suggestion actually. You ever done it?
11:28, Sun 4 Feb
He’s a prick, it was clear from the podcast he did, as others have mentioned. Amazingly some thought he came across as a great laugh and great bloke.
Happy Clapper
12:03, Sun 4 Feb
He did 'An Evening With...' type of thing at Old Hill cricket club a few months back.

I wasn't there but a couple of mates went and they said he was absolutely superb at that.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
12:43, Sun 4 Feb
Subjective innit, people like different comedians
Happy Clapper
12:47, Sun 4 Feb
Not surprised to hear that Andy Johnson was a div. Not as if he doesn't have a reputation for it. Totally disgusting if your first reaction to a player clearly distressed about something that has been said or done is, "he must be making it up" (or even, "he must be mistaken"). Says far more about the person dismissing it that way than the player's reaction, even if it is a mistake as in the case of Blues at Peterborough a couple of years ago.

Of course there are idiots at all clubs who think it's funny to use black players' race as a weapon; I was disgusted at local Blues fans when watching the Leicester game at a sports bar in Banbury in December, who started shouting "coon" and singing Tommy Robinson songs because black players were scoring against us. (They also didn't know the full words to KRO, thought the name of the band was "DB40", and decided to entertain themselves towards full time by throwing ice cubes at my table.) Birmingham clubs are not immune to idiots just because we have been good on togetherness and acceptance in the past.

Former players as co-commentators can be pretty hit and miss, for all sorts of reasons. I always thought Darren Carter was insightful on Blues TV, but unfortunately just sounds like the most boring man on Earth. I like Darren Purse and I think Kerys Harrop has been good the couple of times I've heard her on the stream. Dele Adebola always sounds pissed, but I think that's just what he's like all the time.

Agree that our main commentator is annoying though. One of his habits that always annoys me disproportionately is referring to players by their nationalities but getting it completely wrong. "The Ivorian" when Dembélé has never played for them at any level, grew up in Scotland, and is also eligible for England. "The Japanese international" - Miyoshi hasn't been called up for Japan in nearly four years and has a grand total of five caps. Fairly sure he used to call Béla "the Ivorian" or something along those lines too, when the bloke is from France and has Congolese and Angolan parents, now representing the latter.

Just call them by their names, mate. Nobody is going to get bored if you just refer to their players by their name.
12:56, Sun 4 Feb
Looks like you are entering the "corridor of uncertanty" now!
Le Mod
He’s a prick, it was clear from the podcast he did, as others have mentioned. Amazingly some thought he came across as a great laugh and great bloke.

Comes across as loud, unfunny boorish in the podcast. Laughing loudly at his own stories and the other happy clappers in the podcast laughing at everything he says

Played for wales but was pretty much laughing at them for it as he
didn't consider him welsh at all and made some quip about his grandparent going to wales one day, but not in a jokey way, he was loud and gobby about it
Actually disrspectful about it imo

It's worth watching just to see what a dick he is
13:12, Sun 4 Feb
Yep, absolutely.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Nobody home
20:32, Sun 4 Feb
Which one is the main one the West country one or the other one.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:14, Sun 4 Feb
Yeah, I read Haircuts and league Cups and still don’t know how to do a skin fade.

I did learn a lot of other things
23:10, Sun 4 Feb
TheHeath
Yeah, I read Haircuts and league Cups and still don’t know how to do a skin fade.

I did learn a lot of other things

You’d have been disappointed if you read it only to pick up tips on hairdressing….