15:33, Sun 4 Feb
Initials on the shorts.
15:36, Sun 4 Feb
The standard of play there is just awful.

People are genuinely wrong when they say football in the 70s was better quality than today.

As FB said, cool kit though.

the crowds were better!
15:38, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
The defending on all three was atrocious.

Plenty of atrocious defending to be seen this season.
15:38, Sun 4 Feb
Initials on the shorts.

This was the first game with the initials on
mad
15:39, Sun 4 Feb
Decent ball in by Pendrey to be fair overall it's not bad for two at the time middling Division 2 sides

Seen worse last ten years

Note that at the end of the season Leicester won the Div 2 title I wonder how that side would compare with todays runaway leaders
16:07, Sun 4 Feb
mad
Can’t believe people are saying that. There’s barely a pass goes to a member of the same side. The defensive mistakes are utterly comical.

The standard of play in the championship today is stratospherically better than it was in Division 2 back then. It doesn’t mean that games weren’t enjoyable but the quality has improved. Same in every sport, on the standards of fitness alone. Fielding in cricket is unrecognisable from where it was.
mad
16:17, Sun 4 Feb
Maybe but every team had good players (for the time) back then e.g. you had Tony Hateley, Stan Bowles and Kevin Keegan plying their trade in the Fourth Division that season. Made the competition more even the styles of play will have encouraged more kick and rush and less science in the pitch preparation. Leicester this season, Newcastle and Wolves over the last five/six seasons, those sides apart there isn't much quality in the Div 2 today. No less overhyped than Div 2 early 70's
16:20, Sun 4 Feb
newblue
Can’t believe people are saying that. There’s barely a pass goes to a member of the same side. The defensive mistakes are utterly comical.

The standard of play in the championship today is stratospherically better than it was in Division 2 back then. It doesn’t mean that games weren’t enjoyable but the quality has improved. Same in every sport, on the standards of fitness alone. Fielding in cricket is unrecognisable from where it was.

It's like watching a different sport.

I watched Boro v Sunderland earlier. Not a great game but either of those two sides would murder the Blues side in that video.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Was there for that one and had the full kit that year!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
16:22, Sun 4 Feb
Yet 30000 turned up to watch it
16:23, Sun 4 Feb
To be fair they’re in their seventies now.
mad
16:25, Sun 4 Feb
Fat Buddha CBE

After finishing 5th from bottom the season before
16:26, Sun 4 Feb
Fat Buddha CBE

Only 'cos there was literally feck all else to do.
mad
16:33, Sun 4 Feb
IanT
I watched Boro v Sunderland earlier. Not a great game but either of those two sides would murder the Blues side in that video.

Not after Roger Hynd had murdered their wing half

The lack of footage from the period skews things. It looks shit compared if you picked out the ten best passages of play from Blues season 2023-2024 but there's plenty of shite today that leads to goals too. Jordan James is a top top player but I've seen him make rash clearences just like the one that led to QPR's consolation goal in that highlights package from 1970
16:37, Sun 4 Feb
mad
mad
IanT

Not after Roger Hynd had murdered their wing half

I remember seeing Roger Hynd play for Blues.

I was very young, but my abiding memory is that he ran with his head going back and forth like a huge pigeon.