Chris
We went and beat Stoke and Hull within four days of each other and there was tons of optimism. Has that evaporated because of a 50/50 game against West Brom? Are we that fickle?

It's not fickle is it, it's acting on the facts.

As I said, I'm relaxed about it but regardless of my feelings we're four points from the drop with some very important games coming up.

Long term we're going places but we need to ensure we don't forget about the short term.

Not all fans will be rational and I think you'll see some panic should we not win 2 of the next 3.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:49, Mon 5 Feb
David Xavis
Chris
We went and beat Stoke and Hull within four days of each other and there was tons of optimism. Has that evaporated because of a 50/50 game against West Brom? Are we that fickle?

My feelings also.

People would be talking about sneaking in the top six has that Long header gone in Sat lol.
It was off his toe. Everyone keeps saying header but it bloody wasn’t
Tony Fantastico
14:53, Mon 5 Feb
David Xavis
Chris

My feelings also.

People would be talking about sneaking in the top six has that Long header gone in Sat lol.

I think there’s some valid points on this thread regardless of what any individual’s outlook is.
You can see why there’s concern (four points is not a big buffer), but also why it’s perfectly possible for us to finish in the top half.

What I can’t see is any evidence of people being fickle. None of the posters on here concerned by potential relegation were going mad after the two wins mentioned as far as I can recall.

Regardless, some people’s opinions will clearly change on the results of football matches. That’s inevitable.

For me, the silliest comments have been from those in recent weeks claiming the season is over. We need points and I’m confident we will get what we need.
Nikola Zigic
Chris

As I said, I'm relaxed about it but regardless of my feelings we're four points from the drop with some very important games coming up.

Long term we're going places but we need to ensure we don't forget about the short term.

Not all fans will be rational and I think you'll see some panic should we not win 2 of the next 3.

Exactly, and you’ll definitely see some panic. You’ll also see people mocking those who do panic.
14:59, Mon 5 Feb
Thanks Mayor. Didn’t cross my mind we were even close to the reg limit because the squad feels so bloody thin even now

I truly cannot wait til the summer
15:14, Mon 5 Feb
The squad is ridiculously unbalanced, as opposed to thin.
15:55, Mon 5 Feb
Nikola Zigic
I think it will get worse before it gets better in that we'll get closer to the drop and then pull away comfortably.

My worry is that people panic.

Do you refer to yourself as 'people'?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:58, Mon 5 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Chris

It's massively fickle. People are forgetting that QPR played an extra game in there hence closing the gap.
16:05, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
Nikola Zigic
I think it will get worse before it gets better in that we'll get closer to the drop and then pull away comfortably.

You’re in fine form today, Charce
Tony Fantastico
16:07, Mon 5 Feb
I would be content with a win and a draw if they came in whatever way against Sheff Wed and Blackburn. I think it would probably put us 5 points above the relegation zone with a game in hand and three less games to play.

Keep picking games off like that and take the extra bonuses.

Without that extra game being played we would be seven points above now and the panic simply wouldn't be there.
16:21, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
Nikola Zigic

It can feel incredibly pointless trying to discuss things with you sometimes. I’m talking hypothetically about it the fan base and made that explicitly clear.

But whatever.
H

16:24, Mon 5 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Charcy
Nikola Zigic

It can feel incredibly pointless trying to discuss things with you sometimes. I’m talking hypothetically about it the fan base and made that explicitly clear.

But whatever.

I'm a very difficult man. I come at things with logic and facts.
16:35, Mon 5 Feb
I don't really know what you're arguing with.

Do you disagree with the assumption that portions of our fan base will panic if we don't get four points from the next two games?
H

16:44, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
I would be content with a win and a draw if they came in whatever way against Sheff Wed and Blackburn. I think it would probably put us 5 points above the relegation zone with a game in hand and three less games to play.

Keep picking games off like that and take the extra bonuses.

Without that extra game being played we would be seven points above now and the panic simply wouldn't be there.

Yes I agree.
16:49, Mon 5 Feb
I think we win both games cos we are effing massive