09:59, Tue 6 Feb
I can remember having to use candles at home, but I thought that was a bit later - 75/76 maybe?

There again, perhaps our mum never had enough coins for the meter so she told us there was a strike on.
10:03, Tue 6 Feb
Jimblues
What I'm trying to say is that even if it does snow. It won't last. The last time we had some really cold weather was 'the beast from east'. Which was in March 2018 if I remember correctly.

Fekk me ... I thought " the beast from the east " was Artist 😶
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:11, Tue 6 Feb
I remember in around 1966/67 sitting in a freezing cold school as the snow fell heavily - and they finally relented and let us out around 15 minutes early! The bus made it as far as The Old House at Home (from my school in City Rd) and got stuck so I had to trudge through thick snow all the way home to West Heath - it took around 2 hours.
15:58, Tue 6 Feb
Oldham
As the poster above says, depends where you live. I'm a thousand foot up in the Pennines, I've had at least an inch of snow on the floor for about 4 weeks already this winter, and Thursday it'll be pretty bad here.

I'd be surprised if there was more than the odd flurry in the Midlands though, it looks to be tracking more north.
Our game on Friday will be called off
Tony Fantastico
16:25, Tue 6 Feb
BluenoseMo
I remember in around 1966/67 sitting in a freezing cold school as the snow fell heavily - and they finally relented and let us out around 15 minutes early! The bus made it as far as The Old House at Home (from my school in City Rd) and got stuck so I had to trudge through thick snow all the way home to West Heath - it took around 2 hours.

Bloody hell, that's some walk !
17:11, Tue 6 Feb
It was fun at first; loads of us walked together and had a laugh. But, one by one, they each reached near their home until I had to walk the last stretch from Cotteridge on my own; it wasn’t such fun any more. My mom was pacing the street when I got home panicking cos she didn’t know where I was.