22:19, Sun 11 Feb
gerry1875
MOTD was great back in the 70s and 80s, used to show games from all the divisions, now it's just about the snobs from the Premier League, go back to it being MOTD and show lots of highlights of lower league teams, was more enjoyable then

Everything was better then… in fact they showed very little from the lower leagues and people used to complain about that a lot. Now you can see loads more in various places from the lower leagues.

I don’t think anyone is irreplaceable, and Lineker’s pay is high (though in the media world hardly incredibly high). The idea though that his salary could be used to make lots of other programmes is rather fanciful.

Are there any pundits anywhere that people listen to and think they’re getting insights to the game they don’t otherwise get?

Some of the boxers are very good, one or two cricketers, but they are increasingly going towards laddish bantz rather than analysis. I’m not a fan of ego driven podcasters and bloggers, but the better bloggers, and there’s only one or two of them, and maybe the odd piece in The Athletic, put the telly and radio berks to shame.
22:23, Sun 11 Feb
Haircut1000
Chris
Fat Buddha CBE
I don't watch and won't until we are on it. So won't comment on quality of it but just ask the question does the cost of it, basically Lineker salary provide value for money for 2 million viewers? I would say not.

Here’s list of salaries

[www.bbc.co.uk]

While I don’t like the right wing nutters all over radio 4 news programmes I’m surprised they are on so little compared to Lineker. They have to turn up most days. Or Lyse Doucet. Aggravating voice but Christ what a job she does.

But then Laverne is way overpaid for her simpering, mumsnet live garbage.

Then there’s Jenas.

It’s pretty clear it’s not talent or expertise that gets you the big bucks.

The Today lot are on a fair bit considering the don't do every day!?

So that fanny Chappers earns £325,000. And so much of the BBC has been ripped out of Brum and the money just gets funelled up to Manc. Makes my blood boil. The whole BBC can eff off. Cannot stand them.

Meanwhile an incredible piece of transport infrastructure is being built into Brum and has been scrapped to Manchester.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
06:49, Mon 12 Feb
With every Premier League goal on youtube 15 minutes after full time thats my go to.
07:28, Mon 12 Feb
In comparison to the others on that list, Chappers is superb value. He's forever on the Tele and radio (and he's great at both), he grafts for every penny.
08:15, Mon 12 Feb
Chris
Fat Buddha CBE
I don't watch and won't until we are on it. So won't comment on quality of it but just ask the question does the cost of it, basically Lineker salary provide value for money for 2 million viewers? I would say not.

Here’s list of salaries

[www.bbc.co.uk]

While I don’t like the right wing nutters all over radio 4 news programmes I’m surprised they are on so little compared to Lineker. They have to turn up most days. Or Lyse Doucet. Aggravating voice but Christ what a job she does.

But then Laverne is way overpaid for her simpering, mumsnet live garbage.

Then there’s Jenas.

It’s pretty clear it’s not talent or expertise that gets you the big bucks.

The Today lot are on a fair bit considering the don't do every day!?

So that fanny Chappers earns £325,000. And so much of the BBC has been ripped out of Brum and the money just gets funelled up to Manc. Makes my blood boil. The whole BBC can eff off. Cannot stand them.

Weird inferiority complex.