17:15, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
That's shocking, I'm sorry but is he really going to risk injury to play in a couple of exhibition matches?
Let’s stop all training too.
What on earth is happening to people?
Tony Fantastico
17:17, Mon 18 Mar
i'd sack off international friendlies completely unless its a week before a tournament

i'm with you though, the opponents are annoying, but if a player wants to play for his country we shouldnt get in the way
18:19, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
That's shocking, I'm sorry but is he really going to risk injury to play in a couple of exhibition matches?

Hardly comparable but I'm sure you know that
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:25, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

It is comparable though. Should England play Brazil and Belgium in case folk get injured?
It’s an International break. He’s an International
Tony Fantastico
18:28, Mon 18 Mar
Ok, playing international games is he?

Or is he playing against Hull City?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:31, Mon 18 Mar
He's playing for his country, so... yes.
18:47, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic

For his Country.
Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like lots want to blame others for our situation.
I’m just incredibly chilled about everything now and what will happen in the future. What will be, will be. There’s no conspiracy to get us relegated.
Tony Fantastico
18:58, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

For his Country.
Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like lots want to blame others for our situation.
I’m just incredibly chilled about everything now and what will happen in the future. What will be, will be. There’s no conspiracy to get us relegated.

👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:26, Mon 18 Mar
I just think it's bollocks, there's no honour in playing in an exhibition game.

If it was me I'd pull out and focus on the people paying my wages.

If it wasn't, if it was a qualifier or a game against an actual country I'd play.

Each to their own, there's no right or wrong answer.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Nikola Zigic

If it wasn't, if it was a qualifier or a game against an actual country I'd play.

If you got picked to represent England at a sport, but it wasn’t a glamorous fixture, would you feel honoured? I suspect you would.
shd
19:32, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

It is comparable though. Should England play Brazil and Belgium in case folk get injured?

He’s also an employee of a club in the s..t who needs everyone fit and available to get out of said s..t
He knows they are totally nothing games and if he can’t see that the right decision is to politely decline then words fail me
19:34, Mon 18 Mar
shd
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

He’s also an employee of a club in the s..t who needs everyone fit and available to get out of said s..t
He knows they are totally nothing games and if he can’t see that the right decision is to politely decline then words fail me

And it’ll be in his employment contract that he’s allowed to go and play national team fixtures when called upon.

Seriously, the hate this bloke gets for the smallest things is effing wild.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic

If you got picked to represent England at a sport, but it wasn’t a glamorous fixture, would you feel honoured? I suspect you would.

Well yeah I would, because the highest level I ever played was Tamworth and District Division 1.

Do you really think he'll be honoured to play for his country in a PR exercise? I don't see it.

I'd just like to clarify for the sweeping statement makers out there, I could probably be described as Bacuna's chief apologise. Love the bastard. If I were him though I'd invent a niggle for this one.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
shd
20:02, Mon 18 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic

And it’ll be in his employment contract that he’s allowed to go and play national team fixtures when called upon.

Seriously, the hate this bloke gets for the smallest things is effing wild.

Hate is a bit strong

I personally see it as doing the right thing to his teammates, manager and his employer
20:02, Mon 18 Mar
There’s honour in playing as many games as you can for your country; as someone has said he could get injured in training.

There’s also a benefit of no pressure games to boost inner confidence that although doesn’t appear to be knocked could well actually be.