09:34, Wed 27 Mar
By the time our new stadium is built the number of international NFL games per season will have expanded, probably to 16 with each team playing one per season.

I wouldn't rule Birmingham out with Tom Brady's influence, but I think they are looking at other markets at the moment - Spain, Brazil, Ireland, Germany, even Australia. You'd imagine that for Birmingham to get one it would mean London losing one, which you'd have to think was unlikely. And if Jim Ratcliffe has turned Old Trafford into the "Wembley of the north" by then, they'd no doubt be throwing their hat into the ring as well.
09:35, Wed 27 Mar
Yeah I'm not saying it'll happen I'm just disagreeing with the notion that it's not part of their plans.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:42, Wed 27 Mar
I'm sure we'll be interested but the way the NFL is going, it's far more likely to go to new countries than expand ones its already in. We've already lost games from back in the day to Germany.
09:43, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Yeah I'm not saying it'll happen I'm just disagreeing with the notion that it's not part of their plans.

Well exactly, especially with Brady/Knighthead becoming minority owners in the Las Vegas Raiders (the NFL owners vote is soon I think), I think preseason games would be most likely at first.

But it's going to be much more than that, fully expecting a small indoor arena as well to be part of the plans, able to host basketball/netball/ice hockey and smaller concerts etc.
09:48, Wed 27 Mar
But it's going to be much more than that, fully expecting a small indoor arena as well to be part of the plans, able to host basketball/netball/ice hockey and smaller concerts etc.

What Ajax have in Amsterdam is cool. On a site not much bigger than Wheels they have their 55k seater stadium, a massive indoor arena, a smaller concert hall, 2 shopping centres and a few hotels.
09:50, Wed 27 Mar
Brady has his name to dozens of sports projects around the world, it's become diluted which means he doesn't carry that much weight when it comes to that sort of decision.

The NFL is always pushing to be a global sport but as you would expect the American fan base isn't very keen on having games played in Europe. Not just for those who travel.

It's a Sunday event for people at home, euro games means an early kick off.

I'm sure they've got NFL games in mind but we'll be lucky to get one a year.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:50, Wed 27 Mar
Linked Image
Paul Scholes could find Madeline Mccann with a pass
09:51, Wed 27 Mar
Any hot water in the bogs in that?
No it wouldn't.

I'd rather the club appointed the best people to design and create it than Geoff the milkman, season ticket holder contribute to it
Nikola Zigic
IanT
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

No it wouldn't.

I want it left to experts, not a bunch of Evening Mail readers.

Hahaha my thoughts exactly
Agreed. I want a design that is cost effective and delivers what we need for the nest 100 years.
as you would expect the American fan base isn't very keen on having games played in Europe. Not just for those who travel.

It's a Sunday event for people at home, euro games means an early kick off.

Plenty of them like it because it means there's an extra TV game on early doors.
09:53, Wed 27 Mar
Thongs
Any hot water in the bogs in that?

Of course, used to flush out the vomitoriums
Paul Scholes could find Madeline Mccann with a pass
10:02, Wed 27 Mar
What a dreadful idea. The last time our fans were consulted on something we ended up with Steve Cotterill.
10:02, Wed 27 Mar
Christ. No. A thousand fecking times no.
10:04, Wed 27 Mar
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.