11:32, Wed 27 Mar
lowercaser
If Sir Jim is intent on making Old Trafford the 'Wembley of the North' then I'm sure Knighthead will be eyeing making the New Knighthead Park the 'Wembley of the Midlands'.

In the not too distant future people will be referring to Wembley as the 'New Knighthead Park of the South'.
11:34, Wed 27 Mar
Fat Buddha CBE
What do you want Gerry? Do you want to aim at the moon or stay in the gutter? That's pretty much your choice right now.

Gutter for me please. Feels more homely.
Actually the gutter does seem quite appetising, this club is not renowned for its snobbery
11:38, Wed 27 Mar
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Knighthead presented us with 3 designs to choose from?

Personally, I don’t want your stereotypical bowl, wouldn’t mind one big stand behind a goal and a horseshoe (similar to how stans was going).

I would imagine it’s going to be unique and forward thinking. Exciting times!

Okay repost of previous posts ... and the initial thinking for modelling used by ONE person looking at ideas (i'm aware that there were 3 companies looking at things - so can't speak for the other)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To those asking why we would have a 60,000 stadium when we can't fill a 28,000 one. That somewhat misses the point. Main idea previously spoken about and discussed (but nothing actually firm) was for a three tier 60,000 stadium.

15,000 on first tier,
25,000 on middle tier,
20,000 on top tier.

The top tier wouldn't have any season tickets sold at all and no seats would be sold on the top tier for matches until we got to the point where we were attracting over 40,000. The top tier (for football) would have wrap around banners so the actual part of the stadium below (40,000) would be full and the rest of the stadium wouldn't look like empty seats.
For concerts, boxing matches etc then the whole stadium would be opened (60,000)
If we got to the point where we were regularly getting much bigger crowds than 40,000 then the top tier would have season tickets sold

PS Current St Andrew's site covers merely 7.5 acres ... about 12.5% of the Wheels site (including Medco House)
11:42, Wed 27 Mar
number8
I'm sure we'll be interested but the way the NFL is going, it's far more likely to go to new countries than expand ones its already in. We've already lost games from back in the day to Germany.

Mexico gets games too and they are trying to get into Brazil.

Having said that, I still think it is one of the goals and achievable. Knighthead are now part owners of a team, that gives them sway and a voice.

With the popularity of NFL I am surprised that a decent European league cannot get off the ground. Maybe they have ideas in this realm.

Design-wise - we need to go for the wrap - Bayern Munich Real Madrid style - eff the Titans ground which looks like a generic brick building
11:45, Wed 27 Mar
Chris
What a dreadful idea. The last time our fans were consulted on something we ended up with Steve Cotterill.

Yep, terrible decision to consult.

Fans say they want things and say it loudly but they don't follow through - for years they have asked for safe standing...

They think they know best, but they don't. Their opinion should be sought but a decision made by good decision makers - people are idiots
11:47, Wed 27 Mar
Squatnose
CastleBlue
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

You're assuming we'll have a team whose star players are like Marc Roberts, Lee Camp or Lee Novak. It's little wonder we haven't shifted many tickets over the years when that's the sort of stuff on offer. I think it's fair to say that these owners will be looking to ditch the Aldi loyalty card and start shopping at Waitrose or even Harrods in the years to come. And when that happens, you see what that does to our attendances. Just over fifty years ago we had Francis, Latchford and Hatton playing in front of crowds in excess of 50k, and only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could boast higher average attendances over the season. It might be a different generation, but it's the same second city with over 1 million inhabitants. The number of fans we took to Wembley in 1991 and 1995 should also serve as evidence that the demand really is there. What it needs is a product they'll be willing to buy, and let's face it, over the last 149 years there haven't been many times when that's been on offer.
you say it's the same second city, in name only I am afraid, we are overflowing by different cultures and inhabitants these days, who's interest in football is not great, and even if they are interested they are all Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, fans, we have lost a generation of Blues fans due to our shiteness over the years, going to be hard to get 50,000 odd ever again, will be tough enough to get 30,000

Gerry ... you're overlooking a massive potentially untapped market ...... 60K stadium would sell out in hours for big Bollywood acts etc
11:50, Wed 27 Mar
Redditch Blue
I would assume said three designs were all expertly created by the time of voting and that any winner would be safe, attractive and acceptable to them.

Otherwise they wouldn’t do it, obviously.

They're not going to pay for 3 separate designs. It's an expensive business is concept architecture
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:51, Wed 27 Mar
And when we have "The Sphere" next to the ground people will be foaming at the gash to get involved

Would have to be a different design .... because the light pollution would be a problem, and the current one looks nice for its special effects, but naff when it is covered with adverts being played.

But, yes. Definitely.

Blues need a stadium about 24 (or if we're successful 30) times a year out of 365 days - anyone thinking this is only going to cater fot football is an idiot
11:51, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Wonder if they’ll be thinking about NFL games with the Brady connection.

would say this is pie in the sky but there might be a European division in 10= years with a London/ UK franchise playing a game outside the capital

A Euro division is absolutely on the cards for the NFL.

How does it become successful, when so many have failed?

It would be so good if it took off and its failure is a bit baffling with its popularity.

Kevin Keegan gif
11:54, Wed 27 Mar
Rags
Squatnose
CastleBlue
Anything over 40k would be pointless and look a bit embarassing when it is half full. Think we need to be realistic here, we don't have the fans and fanbase for 50k stadiums.

You're assuming we'll have a team whose star players are like Marc Roberts, Lee Camp or Lee Novak. It's little wonder we haven't shifted many tickets over the years when that's the sort of stuff on offer. I think it's fair to say that these owners will be looking to ditch the Aldi loyalty card and start shopping at Waitrose or even Harrods in the years to come. And when that happens, you see what that does to our attendances. Just over fifty years ago we had Francis, Latchford and Hatton playing in front of crowds in excess of 50k, and only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could boast higher average attendances over the season. It might be a different generation, but it's the same second city with over 1 million inhabitants. The number of fans we took to Wembley in 1991 and 1995 should also serve as evidence that the demand really is there. What it needs is a product they'll be willing to buy, and let's face it, over the last 149 years there haven't been many times when that's been on offer.
you say it's the same second city, in name only I am afraid, we are overflowing by different cultures and inhabitants these days, who's interest in football is not great, and even if they are interested they are all Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, fans, we have lost a generation of Blues fans due to our shiteness over the years, going to be hard to get 50,000 odd ever again, will be tough enough to get 30,000

Gerry ... you're overlooking a massive potentially untapped market ...... 60K stadium would sell out in hours for big Bollywood acts etc
I agree, but I was more on about the football side of things,one other thing we have to consider is the pricing structure of tickets etc, a lot of people are struggling and living day to day, some people won't be able to afford £60-£70 or maybe more for a ticket, with concerts it's a one off thing to see your favourite singer/band etc, so people would more likely save up for that once in a lifetime experience
11:55, Wed 27 Mar
Rags
And when we have "The Sphere" next to the ground people will be foaming at the gash to get involved

Would have to be a different design .... because the light pollution would be a problem, and the current one looks nice for its special effects, but naff when it is covered with adverts being played.

But, yes. Definitely.

Blues need a stadium about 24 (or if we're successful 30) times a year out of 365 days - anyone thinking this is only going to cater fot football is an idiot
👍🏻.

Yet people still think “we should be concentrating on staying in the championship”.
Gazball?
11:56, Wed 27 Mar
I think you can see in this thread who is bought into and understands the longer-term vision and who is still thinking small time and us looking silly with a stadium in league one being half empty.

By the time the stadium is built, the club will look virtually unidentifiable to how it is now.
11:58, Wed 27 Mar
More seats means they can sell them at a cheaper rate, have more tiers of pricing and offer even more tickets to youth teams, schools, community etc. If we ever got to the Prem then tourists would be flocking to see Premier League football there. There really are so many ways that we can grow and fill a large stadium over the next 10+ years, basing it all on what we currently get against Watford, when down the bottom of the Championship, serving up crap football in a poor stadium, is not thinking outside of the box enough.
Happy Clapper
I think you can see in this thread who is bought into and understands the longer-term vision and who is still thinking small time and us looking silly with a stadium in league one being half empty.

By the time the stadium is built, the club will look virtually unidentifiable to how it is now.

Prove it.
12:20, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Wonder if they’ll be thinking about NFL games with the Brady connection.

would say this is pie in the sky but there might be a European division in 10= years with a London/ UK franchise playing a game outside the capital

A Euro division is absolutely on the cards for the NFL.

How does it become successful, when so many have failed?

It would be so good if it took off and its failure is a bit baffling with its popularity.

Kevin Keegan gif

A fully integrated division of the NFL with US teams visiting every fortnight would be massive for Europe.

Any other iterations of an NFL backed league in Europe has been European teams only and it failed for lack of funding not lack of support.

I think we'll see a London (or a British team who plays around the country) team first of all with a EU division coming much later.