09:27, Wed 27 Mar
Thongs
First time Spike has been wrong. Seismic activity with our club at the moment

I'm often wrong and cool with it, not as often as my wife thinks I'm wrong...but pretty often.
09:27, Wed 27 Mar
Look on Google Maps, follow the line.
09:28, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic
It will be, the area is also a shit hole. It'll be unrecognisable though.

Basically, there's a station 15 minutes walk from our new stadium that's served by the big city centre train station in 4 minutes.

It's almost as if they thought about this when buying the site.

Wasn't there something a while back about a whole line of stuff between town and where the ground is / wheels going to be linked by some sort of walkway complete with new stuff or did I imagine that?
09:30, Wed 27 Mar
It will be cable cars 🚠
09:33, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic
It will be, the area is also a shit hole. It'll be unrecognisable though.

Basically, there's a station 15 minutes walk from our new stadium that's served by the big city centre train station in 4 minutes.

It's almost as if they thought about this when buying the site.

Wasn't there something a while back about a whole line of stuff between town and where the ground is / wheels going to be linked by some sort of walkway complete with new stuff or did I imagine that?

I remember something similar. It's a lot to redevelop though.

A mile and a quarter between the closest bit of Wheels to Moor St Queensway as the crow flys, crossing 4 train lines, 5 canals and the ring road.
09:35, Wed 27 Mar
Yeah I'm sure it joins to Moor Street. Which, let's face it is City Centre even though it's not New Street.

Also goes out toward Solihull and NEC through Stechford / Lea Hall and that I think.

I've never actually caught a train from there personally.

It does not go to Moor st at all .
09:38, Wed 27 Mar
Duddeston and Adderly park are both on the WCML.

Neither have connections to the Moor Street line.

Given how busy that section of the WCML is, there's no guarantee that Network Rail will allow additional trains to stop at either station.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:38, Wed 27 Mar
Thongs
First time Spike has been wrong. Seismic activity with our club at the moment

I knew this day would come. We’ll have to question all the little details from now on. He’s probably been making it up all along.

This proves for sure that Moulden was offside.
09:40, Wed 27 Mar

Duddeston is on the Cross City.

Same problems apply there though. Lines are too busy and there's no extra capacity at New Street for more local trains.
09:41, Wed 27 Mar

Neither have connections to the Moor Street line.

Given how busy that section of the WCML is, there's no guarantee that Network Rail will allow additional trains to stop at either station.

That’s my chips pi55ed on then.🤦‍♂️
09:46, Wed 27 Mar
One big problem with Adderley Park as it stands, there’s just no spare capacity on that line. Anyone who uses it regularly k ows very few trains now stop between New St and the NEC because intercity trains get priority, not just London but trains to the South coast as well. Think the tram extension is the best bet tbh, I’m sure it’s all been worked out already though.
09:46, Wed 27 Mar
Thongs
It will be cable cars 🚠
09:51, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

Duddeston is on the Cross City.

Same problems apply there though. Lines are too busy and there's no extra capacity at New Street for more local trains.

At the moment, when the Bordesley cords are built it will allow some trains to stop at Moor St instead of New St, so allowing additional services (plus HS2 will take some demand off the WCML).

Adderley Park Station will need to be rebuilt anyway, and I think any new station will be further towards town, built next to the "wheels" site, also there is a lot more room there for a bigger station as part of it was railway sidings in the past.
09:54, Wed 27 Mar
These are 10+ years off though. No chance anything happens to Adderley Park or any new chords to Bordesley in time for a new stadium opening at Wheels.

Rebuilding Adderley will mean several closures of the West Coast Main Line. I just can't see it myself.
09:58, Wed 27 Mar
Yes, you're right actually. It joins the route into New Street after Adderly Park.

It's some distance from the new site though, not sure you'd ever use it for the new ground really.
The cold never bothered me anyway