10:00, Wed 27 Mar
Yes, you're right actually. It joins the route into New Street after Adderly Park.

It's some distance from the new site though, not sure you'd ever use it for the new ground really.

Duddeston to the eastern end of Wheels Park is a 0.9 mile walk, to the northern side off Adderley Road is only 0.7 miles. 15-20 minutes at most.

It'd be much quicker and easier for anybody on the Cross City line to use Duddeston and walk to wheels than it would be to change at New Street.
10:20, Wed 27 Mar
Adderley Park is a terrible station and not in a great area.
I have walked from Duddeston to Blues, past the White Tower). You could also walk down the other way and to Landor Street and up Midland Street to Garrison Street. That is a n interesting walk and would be the way to Wheels once HS2 is open.
I'm not sure it is a walk for the upwardly mobile masses though.
More an authentic shitholes of Brum tour.

If the Wheels project foes ahead I think they will want to rebuild Adderley park on the edge of Wheels. Move it about half a mile and build a nice new station. One that doesn't involve going through the post industrial heartlands to get to the ground. Call the new station Knighthead Park.
If the amount of £ going in is real the cost of a station can easily be absorbed.
The walk from Duddeston could stand to be spruced up as well.

Once HS32 is open there should be a bit of space on the WCML. Stopping trains going to the NEC can stop at Knighthead Park. The WCML goes right past Wheels It's an ideal opportunity to encourage more fans to use the train if they get it right. It would be great to have a tram from Curzon Street Station as well. Curzon Street to Duddeston to the new arena,

If Knighthead Park is genuinely going to be a desination area and not just have a new Blues ground it will need good links to Curzon Street as well as to New Street.
10:51, Wed 27 Mar
Also this [metroalliance.co.uk]

Proposed new tram line from curzon st to NEC via Bordesley Green
10:54, Wed 27 Mar
Also this [metroalliance.co.uk]

Proposed new tram line from curzon st to NEC via Bordesley Green

This IS the new line, and it’s more than just proposed really.

Like I said earlier, paying to hurry this up a bit and building a spur off this to Wheels Park and running extra trams on event days is the most sensible and easiest option IMO.
11:19, Wed 27 Mar
Hourly service, tiny thin platform which is fine atm as its used by 1 man and a dog whenever I've used it, spare line at the back, but realistically needs bulldozing and a new station built a few hundred yards to the west, no access to Moor Street but useful for New Street (2mins) or NEC.
11:20, Wed 27 Mar
I started that but it's a bit monotonous. Hoping someone may just know!
11:20, Wed 27 Mar
I fully expect Knighthead to be involved in the private partnership that Street announced to link up brum to Manchester in absence of HS2
Gazball?
11:24, Wed 27 Mar
Thanks, sounds like the tunnel under Moor Street threw me.
11:32, Wed 27 Mar
Trips along the canal anyone? 🤣
11:50, Wed 27 Mar
If there was the money, will and capability to do this then I think land could be used on Midland St for a multi-platform station. Bear in mind I have no engineering or transport planning experience, just a few musings.

Midland Street is surrounded on all 3 sides by railway. It also sits directly west of Wheels. All that is on the road is some old warehouses, looking at Google Maps very few seem in use.

One of the lines has two tracks which sweep round to New St, which could provide direct access to New St and then north Brum and the black country. This wouldn’t directly impede the WCML.

Another of the lines, in one direction joins with the line towards Water Orton and then on to Tamworth/Nuneaton, there is also a split on that line to the Sutton Park line which carries on to Walsall. In the other direction it joins up with the Camp Hill line and heads to South Brum and then on to Redditch/Bromsgrove. It also splits near Bordesley Circus and has a line which heads towards Solihull/Shirley and then onwards to Warwick/Stratford. If the Chords at Camp Hill ever get built then it would also connect to Moor St.

This would connect large swathes of areas of Greater Birmingham for matchdays and all the other activities which the site will be hosting. It also gives the local population access to a large degree of public transport.
12:02, Wed 27 Mar
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
It will be, the area is also a shit hole. It'll be unrecognisable though.

Basically, there's a station 15 minutes walk from our new stadium that's served by the big city centre train station in 4 minutes.

It's almost as if they thought about this when buying the site.

Wasn't there something a while back about a whole line of stuff between town and where the ground is / wheels going to be linked by some sort of walkway complete with new stuff or did I imagine that?

You might be thinking about a mocked up idea from Will Viles?

[twitter.com]

Linked Image
12:08, Wed 27 Mar
If there was the money, will and capability to do this then I think land could be used on Midland St for a multi-platform station. Bear in mind I have no engineering or transport planning experience, just a few musings.

Midland Street is surrounded on all 3 sides by railway. It also sits directly west of Wheels. All that is on the road is some old warehouses, looking at Google Maps very few seem in use.

One of the lines has two tracks which sweep round to New St, which could provide direct access to New St and then north Brum and the black country. This wouldn’t directly impede the WCML.

Another of the lines, in one direction joins with the line towards Water Orton and then on to Tamworth/Nuneaton, there is also a split on that line to the Sutton Park line which carries on to Walsall. In the other direction it joins up with the Camp Hill line and heads to South Brum and then on to Redditch/Bromsgrove. It also splits near Bordesley Circus and has a line which heads towards Solihull/Shirley and then onwards to Warwick/Stratford. If the Chords at Camp Hill ever get built then it would also connect to Moor St.

This would connect large swathes of areas of Greater Birmingham for matchdays and all the other activities which the site will be hosting. It also gives the local population access to a large degree of public transport.

It's a good idea but you'll be disrupting the busiest line in the country (WCML), the busiest line in the city (Cross City), the main line that Cross Country trains use on their routes linking the north east and south west, and an important freight line which bypasses the city centre congestion.

Chances of a station there are infinitely small.
12:17, Wed 27 Mar
Correct that line is choca, and the station would be on a very tight corner, only solution is move Adderley West and put it on a loop so sitting trains in the station can be by-passed by high speed express services, so not cluttering the line so much, clearly lot of work to do with this site, road and pedestrian is access is shocking and many routes in or out blocked by railways and canals, even electricity pylons.
12:24, Wed 27 Mar
People are lazy effers that will find any excuse

Walk to town, dickheads
12:36, Wed 27 Mar
It mentions the peaky blinders.

So I'm out.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.