09:01, Fri 29 Mar
He’s carrying on reading through to tomorrow
09:02, Fri 29 Mar
There are a few on the Vila forums getting a little rattled now

They’re effing rattled on HIV

Some interpreted his cancelling of the new development as a sure sign a new stadium was in the works. But coldly looking at the events of this week without claret and blue glasses I can't see it. the whole point of a new build would be to fill a wider gap in the city's offerings but the rags seem to have that in the works now. Yes, their new stadium might be crap like everything else they do but that site is massive if they want to go big on other offerings alongside.

But i cant see naz & wes being happy with that , aston villa has & always will be the shining light for our city and i cant see them wanting the shit to be seen as more ambitious

Sorry what? If the Noses build a new tinpot sithole in B9, that stops us building the best ground in the country in the city centre because...? Do we ration football stadia?

Some on Villatalk seems a bit more realistic amongst the dribblers.

So the rags are thr latest club to think about their future and realise the need to redevelop. Decent location by the looks of it. Ah well. We will get around to it some day.

It does add to the frustration ever so slightly about the paused/shelved North Stand plans. We really do need to bring VP up to standards.

Council are screwed for cash (everywhere). Public services are already strangled, so it's natural "wants" such as sports will take a big hit in the next 5/10 years. There's a big opportunity here.
With big investment, the land could become Birmingham's and the midlands premier sports venue for athletics, rugby, even NFL (there's a huge NFL fanbase in the midlands). Bolting on a really good indoor arena is good revenue generator from events such as JuJitsu, Karate competitions which are held every week.
A half empty 50k ground is irrelevant, the additional 8-10m a year from lost ticket sales will be easily recouped from other sports in the area.
It's a really good idea to out generate competitors in revenue as their fanbase and football based revenue will always be lacking compared to the bigger established premier league clubs.
As someone raised in this area I can only commend the investment. It's a shame our club appear to be quite narrow minded when it comes to this, as we could have done something similar around the airport / NEC. (Still waiting for Dr Tony's Theme park)
09:02, Fri 29 Mar
Thongs
Our new land purchase edges into Aston I believe. Once again Blues take Aston.

Is It actually true though ?
Either way we are absoloutely huge and taking over the city.
09:03, Fri 29 Mar
Thongs
Our new land purchase edges into Aston I believe. Once again Blues take Aston.

Is It actually true though ?
Either way we are absoloutely huge and taking over the city.

It doesn’t at all. All of Aston is on the west side of the A38, none of the new development is.

Here’s a link to the Aston Ward map published by BCC. None of the Wheels Park is even on that map.

[www.birmingham.gov.uk]
09:06, Fri 29 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady

So the rags are thr latest club to think about their future and realise the need to redevelop. Decent location by the looks of it. Ah well. We will get around to it some day.

It does add to the frustration ever so slightly about the paused/shelved North Stand plans. We really do need to bring VP up to standards.

Council are screwed for cash (everywhere). Public services are already strangled, so it's natural "wants" such as sports will take a big hit in the next 5/10 years. There's a big opportunity here.
With big investment, the land could become Birmingham's and the midlands premier sports venue for athletics, rugby, even NFL (there's a huge NFL fanbase in the midlands). Bolting on a really good indoor arena is good revenue generator from events such as JuJitsu, Karate competitions which are held every week.
A half empty 50k ground is irrelevant, the additional 8-10m a year from lost ticket sales will be easily recouped from other sports in the area.
It's a really good idea to out generate competitors in revenue as their fanbase and football based revenue will always be lacking compared to the bigger established premier league clubs.
As someone raised in this area I can only commend the investment. It's a shame our club appear to be quite narrow minded when it comes to this, as we could have done something similar around the airport / NEC. (Still waiting for Dr Tony's Theme park)

This guy could actually replace Wolfie as my favourite villa fan.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
09:10, Fri 29 Mar
It’s probably been posted by a Blues fan 🤣
09:11, Fri 29 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
Do we ration football stadia?
Knowledge of the second-declension neuter plural? Am impressed.
09:13, Fri 29 Mar
BluenoseMo
He’s carrying on reading through to tomorrow

Dont blame him its an an enjoyable thread
09:21, Fri 29 Mar
Haha better call my boss and explain why I’m not in 😂
09:23, Fri 29 Mar
I understand they plan to sell ‘the lower grounds’ to STWA and become our tenant. STWA will release Minworth for housing, allowing them to maintain directors bonuses for at least a decade, and transfer treatment works to B6.
Mission accomplished Tom.
Disgusting little swamp donkeys.
aston villa has & always will be the shining light for our city

😂

I try my best not to hate that lot because at the end of the day it's only football. But they really make it difficult sometimes.

Arrogant fannys
09:25, Fri 29 Mar
aston villa has & always will be the shining light for our city

😂

I try my best not to hate that lot because at the end of the day it's only football. But they really make it difficult sometimes.

Arrogant fannys

One of them on Twitter yesterday unironically said “We [villa] carry the city’s name”

They literally don’t and they effing hate us for it 😂😂😂

The only name they carry is that of a Staffordshire village.
09:25, Fri 29 Mar
someone on there says an Alien invasion is more likely than us building a stadium on a bit of land we have bought to build a new stadium on.

I've had cleverer shits
09:33, Fri 29 Mar
2006 Reply
Posted by Demitri_C on 27 Mar, 2024 14:05
Yes it would be embarrassing if a small shit club like blose had a newer and bigger stadium than villa park (even if they will never fill it)

Imagine that stadium being chosen ahead of villa park for events?

It’s dawning on this guy