18:20, Fri 29 Mar
I still think we'll be just about OK.

We can't go into that Huddersfield game needing a win though

Our track record in relegation 6 pointers seems absolutely shite
18:26, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
I still think we'll pick up 3 wins and a draw from the games against Preston, Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield which should be enough.

Blackburn and Plymouth are being dragged into the scrap late on too.
18:29, Fri 29 Mar
Seriously? Preston have a chance of the playoffs and are scoring goals.....there's only one way this will end on Monday.
18:30, Fri 29 Mar
jaspersbovril
Seriously? Preston have a chance of the playoffs and are scoring goals.....there's only one way this will end on Monday.

We outclassed them from start to finish at Deepdale

I'm not too worried about Monday. Today was a tougher fixture
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
Tam
18:31, Fri 29 Mar
triplet dad
I still think we'll pick up 3 wins and a draw from the games against Preston, Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield which should be enough.

Blackburn and Plymouth are being dragged into the scrap late on too.

Hmmm - it's taken from the 20th January to now for us to get three wins, that's my problem with it. I hear what you say about Blackburn and Playmouth, but we still have to pick up more points than they do, and we've picked up one point in seven games.

I do hope you're right though.
Make Blues Great Again
18:34, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
We’ve gotta win Monday i fink. Lose that with Leicester away next and that’s what? 8 defeats in 9. Probably gone at that point
18:36, Fri 29 Mar
we are never gone whilst we aren't in the bottom 3. We could not get another point and stay up. That won't happen obviously but i'm sure Wednesday and Huddersfield fans are haaving saying 'we're gone'.
18:37, Fri 29 Mar
ZLAMMER
we are never gone whilst we aren't in the bottom 3. We could not get another point and stay up. That won't happen obviously but i'm sure Wednesday and Huddersfield fans are haaving saying 'we're gone'.

That can't happen given we play Huddersfield. (as Sandpit pointed out on another thread)
18:39, Fri 29 Mar
well yes i forgot that but the point is 'we are gone' is a ridiculous thing to say at this point. Its happened every season people saying it. We may well go down but one win changes everything.
18:40, Fri 29 Mar
You'll do for me pal.
18:51, Fri 29 Mar
I dunno.

Before the Boro game I was confident. And I keep thinking we can nick games 1-0, as I thought we'd do today, but they are just not good enough. For all the industry of Paik and Bacuna today, they were not working hard enough as a team and as individuals.

And as for giving away naïve freekicks and allowing players the freedom to punt it in from range. That lad will not score a better goal his entire career.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
18:58, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
True, but they are getting regularly thrashed in the last few months.
Tam
19:00, Fri 29 Mar
pridding
True, but they are getting regularly thrashed in the last few months.

I'm casting an eye nervously on the draw that they got with Huddersfield the other week, tbh.
Make Blues Great Again
19:02, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
Tam
pridding
Rotherham is a given, everyone thrashes them, but no idea how we win another 2.

Well there are 14 games in which they haven't lost this season.....

Including against us.
It's not a gimme.
19:21, Fri 29 Mar
There. I said it

I agree, those two directly below have extremely difficult run ins, a lot worse than ours in my humble opinion.

We'll do it, we just need to catch a break.