13:19, Sat 30 Mar
Bluenose27
Which is pretty much what we do now in the championship.
And look where it's got us year in, year out
14:50, Sat 30 Mar
I agree with you mate. It’s got us nowhere, and why we’re constantly fighting relegation, and as it appears, it seems this year we’re going to drop through that trap door.
15:16, Sat 30 Mar
If we are to be relegated- I can see Wagner/Knighthead really going for it. He’d put an intense positive spin on things and really sell a ‘Title winning’ campaign to the fans. All the doom merchants talking about 5k crowds are so far off the mark. We’ve had to put up with such crap football over the last 10 years barely seeing us win any games and still get crowds of 20k. If we were top of the league and winning loads of games our attendances would be much bigger than this season. I don’t believe it would put us back years either- momentum and feel good factor takes you a very long way in football. Giving Blackpool or Lincoln a good pasting at home has got to be more enjoyable than constantly getting bummed by Cardiff or Preston.
Saying all that I’d give my right nut to stay in the Championship!
20:18, Sat 30 Mar
There is no way attendances would be much bigger in League One just cause we start winning a few more games

Many wouldn’t bother going again until we got back up
22:11, Sat 30 Mar
Totally disagree. So you believe there is an attraction for people to buy a ticket this season when we get beat most weeks- just because we’re in the Championship? We’re not talking the giants of English football enticing the fans in either- it’s Preston, Plymouth, Cardiff etc.
compare that to a title winning charge when there is real momentum, a feel good factor and a good chance you’ll see winning football and goals. If we were top of league 1 going for promotion I would guarantee attendances would be higher.
As a point- Derby have averaged over 27,000 for their 2 promotion challenging seasons in League 1, compared to 22,000 in their last 3 seasons losing most weeks in the championship.
Agree If they get the pricing right I don’t see why attendances would be much lower if at all.

Season ticket sales are the key. Attractive family deals will help and make certain parts of the ground attractive for them.

I don’t see that many not renewing just because we drop with the owners showing such commitment. Going ahead with the Wheels site should provide enough optimism to offset the disappointment of relegation.

Putting a competitive team out shouldn’t be that hard. Suppose everything comes down to money. Don’t know how much revenues will drop or how much if any less we can spend regards FFP.

Different times Iknow but did attendances drop when Fry took us down.

As always results are key.