PJ1
22:34, Mon 1 Apr
We have so many days when it's tough to be a Blues fan but then, very occasionally, the planets align and there isn't a club in the world to touch us - today was one of those "I was there" days.
My 12yr old saw his first win (demands to be a season ticket holder next season)
Took the Mrs with me for the first time in 21yrs together and loved it.
From the weather, to the food, to the team, to UB40, a special day.
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs"
09:36, Tue 2 Apr
PJ1
Yesterday was superb and fair play to the club for setting this up.

I was always going to stay and so pleased that I did as even though I like UB40 the concert and atmosphere was way better than I expected. The spontaneous renditions of KRO and SOTV made the whole thing a special Blues occasion.

Some were talking about a very empty stadium and should it even go ahead due to our league position but I was delighted to see the Kop and Tilton in full voice having a party sing along.

Just one quick note to the catering/bar manager, next time make sure you do not run out of lager in the Tilton/kop corner bar.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
09:42, Tue 2 Apr
Jack Jarvis Esq.
El Mayor
BlueNoseinFrampton
Were the PNE fans invited to the Gig

No

There was a couple hundred or so of them who stopped behind. Unless they went & were replaced by others whilst I was queuing at the bar.

It was in the FAQ beforehand they had to go.
09:45, Tue 2 Apr
A good day, the gamble paid off. Stay up now and next season we take off.
They were the fans from the upper John
09:46, Tue 2 Apr
Yeah they all went, with the exception (I think) of two little scrotes who managed to stay in, kicked off and ended up getting ejected

The GMU fans were moved down
Happy Clapper
09:51, Tue 2 Apr
Rags
What’s Ray Reardon doing there?

As usual he was at the end of the queue

I'll get your coat
10:43, Tue 2 Apr
Was encouraging to see so many fans stay behind and make the effort whether they be UB40 fans or otherwise. After years of berating an ownership for a complete lack of interaction and ingenuity, we really need to embrace all efforts made by the board to increase revenue streams and rebuild the bond between the hierachy and the supporters. That said, there was some real 'dad dancing at a wedding' vibes in parts of the Tilton during the gig, you know who you are :)
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
11:04, Tue 2 Apr
Was encouraging to see so many fans stay behind and make the effort whether they be UB40 fans or otherwise. After years of berating an ownership for a complete lack of interaction and ingenuity, we really need to embrace all efforts made by the board to increase revenue streams and rebuild the bond between the hierachy and the supporters. That said, there was some real 'dad dancing at a wedding' vibes in parts of the Tilton during the gig, you know who you are :)

🌟
15:21, Tue 2 Apr
jefflynneshair
I regret not staying now. Glad so many did though.
Tony Fantastico
jefflynneshair
I'm not particularly a UB40 fan (at least from about 1985) but stayed cos I did want to "reward" the owners for something imaginative. And I'm glad I stayed because even the incomplete "classic" line-up put on a brilliant show. Atmosphere was great as well.
15:56, Tue 2 Apr
jefflynneshair

When it comes to Dad dancing, I hold my hands up. The DJ that did the set before UB40 came on also deserves some real credit, she played some absolute TUUUUUUUUNNNNES! :)