14:37, Mon 15 Apr
foghorn leghorn
All the new plastics can buy up the merch and eat corn dogs till they vomit.

A decent proportion will still want a pint + cob and then get back to the warmth of the booze ASAP after enduring the match.
Proper drinkers look after boozers during the week. Saturdays are for Blues. I can’t wait to be able to give them for of my hard earned on gallons of booze
Tony Fantastico
14:40, Mon 15 Apr
You’ll be left in the past, watching your Betamax clips of bertschin falling over his feet whilst we watch a couple of South Americans score goals and celebrate in front of the Zigic stand
14:49, Mon 15 Apr
None of those Pubs will re-open.

We can still use The George, Cricketers, Bainsy's and Digbeth Pubs.
14:54, Mon 15 Apr
BeauBarry
David Xavis
Yeah of anything the pubs are gonna take a hit I think.

Would be a nice touch for them to offer units at preferential rates to landlords at The Roost, George, Cricketers, Bainseys etc. No idea how legal or doable that is mind.

And to bring in Blue Marlin as the caterers of choice
14:59, Mon 15 Apr
If I was someone making a £3bn investment in a 'Sports Quarter' with a shed load of on site hospitality I would be using part of my budget to buy up any 'competition' within say 30 mins walking distance and closing it down to railroad people into using the on site facilities.

Given the majority demographic in Small Heath/ Bordesley there would be few objections.

The shit tips listed by the OP should just be bulldozed, not brought back from the dead - their time is gone.
15:02, Mon 15 Apr
Making people unemployed in the process

Nice one
mad
15:12, Mon 15 Apr
Sportsman used to have real ale back in the day didn't it or real cider?
15:14, Mon 15 Apr
Personally I’d want the entire area to thrive off the back of this development rather than restrict it to us.
15:19, Mon 15 Apr
The Rocket at Duddeston.

It's now a Muslim cultural centre, but it was a fine pub...
10 minutes downhill to Wheels

The Watering Hole
A true Blues institution.

The Forge Tavern.
15:44, Mon 15 Apr
Here, here.

I like the idea of different bars on the complex.
The Beard & Sleeve - hipster bar serving a range of real ales with an eclectic music soundtrack.

The cheeky livener - wall to wall Carling with nose powdering rooms aplenty. Plastic glasses only so they can be thrown in the air

Wan chai titty bar - a nod to the glorious regime of Carson Yeung and Peter Pannu, strippers, high rollers all to the soundtrack of sleazy 80s rock.

Wagners Whacky Warehouse - somewhere to take the babbies to burn off a bit of steam
15:56, Mon 15 Apr
HackneyBlue
Personally I’d want the entire area to thrive off the back of this development rather than restrict it to us.

It will anyway.

The boost to the area will be massive in many ways.
15:59, Mon 15 Apr
Most of new drinking places that open in city centres tend to have some sort of activity with them.

I know he joked but I actually wouldn't be surprised if an indoor mini golf bar was on site.
15:59, Mon 15 Apr
It'd be great to think the whole area would benefit - so pubs now struggling or closed due to Blues being their only real income and only on matchdays, to seeing them thrive and reinvent themselves on the back of the extra footfall once all the football tourists start turning up, in the week as well as just a Satdee, for the concerts etc - room for all I believe, both onsite and off.
Up the feckin Blues
16:06, Mon 15 Apr
From what Wagner said at the open house, there will be plenty of chances for business owners to get on board.

Thew way I heard it and understood it, they are open to offset some of the costs by getting companies and businesses to buy in.

So - if I had a company I could take an office building on the site, have an input into the design of the building to suit my business and get on board.

Same if I wanted to put a pub / restaurant / ghetto golf or whatever on there.

I'd be surprised if outfits like Costa, Starbucks, McDonalds and the like didn't have a presence.

They could have public EV charging facilities on there as well, that would be a decent revenue stream.

The possibilities are endless.
16:13, Mon 15 Apr
Oh I’m well aware, was responding to the chap suggesting we buy up and close any potential competition within 30 mins walk

Did he say that Stephen Knight was using some of the space or was that a different site?