11:40, Tue 16 Apr
They are snookered as far as I can see. Cannot really build much bigger at their current place. A move to Perry Barr and the Alexander Stadium would have pretty awful transport links for a 60,000 to 70,000 stadium. I grew up South side of Brum and whilst not Villa territory the fan base their can easily travel cross city line to VP. The nearest station to the Alexander is ages away, an awful walk and isn't linked well. They relied heavily on shuttle buses from town for the Commonwealth games as parking and other public transport is woeful. I can't see residents agreeing to a mammoth ground clogging up the neighbourhood either.

We have firmly planted our flag as the club of the central city of Brum. If they want to move it will be outwards probably somewhere purpose built between Sutton, Lichfield and Tamworth.
11:58, Tue 16 Apr
I think there will be lots of options with regards prices. Will need areas of the stadium probably lower areas at a low price tier some season ticket some for match dat. Think they will look at the long term and building the base.

With regards Villa they’d be best developing what they have and trying to buy some land around there.

Thought the Witton Station expansion was going ahead.
12:25, Tue 16 Apr
Their problem is the hysterical nature of their spoilt fans. They're like the kid who always has to win and has a complete meltdown if he doesn't. So seeing Blues announce a 62k stadium will mean they'll demand at least 63k. If we announce 70k, they'll demand at least 71k - you get the picture. It's so important to their precious little egos to have everything bigger or better than their peers so they can continue to sneer and mock. Anything that threatens that comfort blanket of theirs is met with a screeching insistence that they get something better. A bit like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, they brag about how they've been pampered by rich parents who bow to their every whim. Blues expanding and leaving them behind would be the moment they fall down the garbage chute, just like Miss Salt.
12:31, Tue 16 Apr
The only chance they had of any land round there was when the old IMI industrial estate was repurposed but that is covered in big sheds now so that window seems firmly shut.

There is no suitably sized piece of land until you get out Minworth way on the North side of the city. There may be some suitable parcels of land in the M6 corridor when HS2 is complete.

Tandy is likely your best bet for info re Witton station.
12:32, Tue 16 Apr
Squatnose
Their problem is the hysterical nature of their spoilt fans. They're like the kid who always has to win and has a complete meltdown if he doesn't. So seeing Blues announce a 62k stadium will mean they'll demand at least 63k. If we announce 70k, they'll demand at least 71k - you get the picture. It's so important to their precious little egos to have everything bigger or better than their peers so they can continue to sneer and mock. Anything that threatens that comfort blanket of theirs is met with a screeching insistence that they get something better. A bit like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, they brag about how they've been pampered by rich parents who bow to their every whim. Blues expanding and leaving them behind would be the moment they fall down the garbage chute, just like Miss Salt.

Lovely analogy tbf.

Up the Charlie Bucket, the factory is ours now.
12:38, Tue 16 Apr
I’m not that clued up on Witton station tbh. I thought I’d heard that they’d shelved it but Andy Street’s promo video posted yesterday seemed to imply it was still on? Maybe it’s just more Andy Street hot air, who knows?
12:39, Tue 16 Apr
they’ve had their turn and done well out of it

surely we get a go too
12:50, Tue 16 Apr
Oldham
mad
That lot will be looking for another city to cuckoo inside within 6-7 years mark my words. They're not a Brum thing at all. At all

You are genuinely batshit.
I love him 😁
Tony Fantastico
13:07, Tue 16 Apr
After all the fanfare the Witton station project was shelved when they canned the new north stand, leaving Street with a bit of egg on face. There is one piece of land they could buy in Perry Barr, between the car auction and Witton cemetery. It's 4 pitches wide and 3 and a half pitches long. If they were serious about moving and could raise the capital then that would be their only option within the city limits.
13:30, Tue 16 Apr
Maybe they should just stay where they are. They are the pride of Aston and that’s where they belong.

If they really need a bigger and better stadium for the odd occasion, Conference League etc, I suppose we could help out by lending them ours like we did Coventry. Didn’t we play at Vile Pork for a bit after WW2?

My main concern with that would be the lingering smells etc that would require a thorough deep cleaning after every visit, and could they really be trusted not to smash the toilets up again? Just seeing the new Railway End seemed to get their jealous streak overflowing, so let’s smash it up then, a visit to the Sports Quarter would have them apoplectic and jealousy flowing from every digit.
13:31, Tue 16 Apr
Minworth would be appropriate - next to the sewage works
14:00, Tue 16 Apr
Let them rip down villa park and rebuild on their current land.

In the meantime, we can let them use St Andrews for 2 years once we’ve moved into the Turbo-Dome at an exorbitant rate but the blue seats and murals have to stay.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
14:41, Tue 16 Apr
It's all internet rumour. They are going nowhere.
foghorn leghorn
After all the fanfare the Witton station project was shelved when they canned the new north stand, leaving Street with a bit of egg on face. There is one piece of land they could buy in Perry Barr, between the car auction and Witton cemetery. It's 4 pitches wide and 3 and a half pitches long. If they were serious about moving and could raise the capital then that would be their only option within the city limits.

Perfect for them, they'd be able to claim they are in the dead centre of Brum then.
Up the feckin Blues
15:21, Tue 16 Apr
Tandy
I’m not that clued up on Witton station tbh. I thought I’d heard that they’d shelved it but Andy Street’s promo video posted yesterday seemed to imply it was still on? Maybe it’s just more Andy Street hot air, who knows?

"Andy Street has pledged to deliver an upgraded station at Witton in time for Euro 2028. Villa Park has been picked as one of ten venues to feature games in a tournament jointly hosted by the UK and Ireland."
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.