09:49, Tue 16 Apr
mad
mad
That lot will be looking for another city to cuckoo inside within 6-7 years mark my words. They're not a Brum thing at all. At all

It’s not American football where they’ll just move a ‘franchise’ to Edinburgh at the drop of a hat. Again, I’m sorry to be the voice of logic but this not true Brummies is just mythical. They have solid core support in North Birmingham and pockets elsewhere whilst also yes attracting fans from outside the area. Where do you think the extra 30k blues fans are going to come from in five years time?! Some ‘bat’ shit nonsense on here sometimes.
09:51, Tue 16 Apr
Oldham
Agree entirely.

They will never ever leave Birmingham though, certainly not by more than to a brownfield newbuild stadium on the outskirts somewhere.

To suggest a large club like Villa would relocate to another City I think is absolutely mental.
id give a donation if it helps their cause,lol
Indeed.

We are going to have to raid Cannock and the like for fans
A lot of core inner-city Blues support moved out over the last couple of generations and live slightly wider afield. That left space in the middle which has been used mostly by immigrant families and their next generation. But they either came with their own football loyalties or with apathy about football so too large a proportion has never really adhered to the local club. There's definitely opportunity to tap into a vast reservoir of potential support.

In essence, West Ham. Their ancestral support is mostly now in Essex.
mad
09:57, Tue 16 Apr
Spurs are mainly outside London and arguably the countries third biggest club in terms of fanbase now
mad
09:59, Tue 16 Apr
Yankeeball or not, once we get going and win a cup double in our old boutique stadium in 2026 the seals wouldn't be able to stand the place. MK here they come
10:01, Tue 16 Apr
mad
I disagree Spurs still have massive support in North London.

I always think of Chelsea whose support seems to come from the Home Counties.
10:01, Tue 16 Apr
mad
You’re mad. You’re mad. Madder than mad Jack McMad winner of last years Mr Mad competition.
10:07, Tue 16 Apr
Kumars Fashion Sense
You’re mad. You’re mad. Madder than mad Jack McMad winner of last years Mr Mad competition.
thanks for that mr adder
10:09, Tue 16 Apr
mad
Spurs have loads around loughton/Enfield way. Also Bedford Luton and MK is full of their plastics.

They can charge what they like for an ST because the demand is there. When they push the ECL prices up to £90-100 on top of the ST, then they do struggle to fill the ground.

Even if it's only 80 % full then they still make a mint from refreshments and merch sales, so Levy isn't going to drop the price of entry.

I would expect Knighthead to charge £40-50 minimum per ticket if we ever get promoted again. £32-37 will Be a thing if the past. £15 tickets will never be seen again.
10:15, Tue 16 Apr
foghorn leghorn
£15 tickets will never be seen again.

They will for for womens team and academy sides. Men's 1st team you're probably right with the exception of early cup rounds.
mad
10:15, Tue 16 Apr
Spurs heavily represented all across Essex too. Not quite wet spam numbers but still lots

Then there's Cambridge and Peterborough and parts of Norfolk

Spurs are like a south east version of Dingles but about ten times bigger. We can get towards that level in a dream like scenario even with healthy competition across the city with the dvbs if they can somehow summon the courage to stick in there with this fine city. I have my doubts though as most of their stinky fans hate Brum.
10:17, Tue 16 Apr
foghorn leghorn
Spurs have loads around loughton/Enfield way. Also Bedford Luton and MK is full of their plastics.

They can charge what they like for an ST because the demand is there. When they push the ECL prices up to £90-100 on top of the ST, then they do struggle to fill the ground.

Even if it's only 80 % full then they still make a mint from refreshments and merch sales, so Levy isn't going to drop the price of entry.

I would expect Knighthead to charge £40-50 minimum per ticket if we ever get promoted again. £32-37 will Be a thing if the past. £15 tickets will never be seen again.

On the other hand, if we do go for a 60,000 stadium, we are not going to fill that easily or straight away except on very rare occasions. We only had 1 gate over 40,000 in all of the 1980s when the stadium could still accommodate that many. I can see a lot of cheap deals on offer in the early days to put bums on seats. I seem to recall Wet Spam did that at the start, knowing Sully and Brady I imagine that has long since been abandoned though!
mad
10:22, Tue 16 Apr
We won't need to fill it straight away over time when folks realise it is the best football experience in the UK even if we are watching a sucky team like San Diego Padres we will easily get 40,000 for Friday night and weekend games

Add on top of that if we ever actually do well and for derbies and big 6 pointers like last Saturday

We shouldn't get hung up on our past - we are not historians fc. Littered as it has been with so many missed opportunities. Blues could easily have been Forest in the 70's early 80's. Could easily have been Sunderland in 73 and since their new ground or Man City a similar yo yo team to us for years but with a bit more luck on the silverware front and Blues could still very easily be a kind of West Ham or Everton sized club no problems whatsoever
10:57, Tue 16 Apr
As part of the stadium Deal, west ham had to subsidise a proportion and offer affordable deals. I think it was 15 % of capacity and Newham Council also get a bundle of free tickets for every game.

They aren't allowed to use the full capacity, because there aren't enough toilets to go around and golivan is too tight to bring in the plumbers to fix it.