00:51, Thu 18 Apr
Gary R... imo... is NOT a motivator of players... he is a tweeker with an accountants spectacles - not on money, but on defaults and players with a LOSS PERCENTAGE
Deff NOT a Motivator. A Tweeker.... that sometimes pays off.. BUT TWEEKING has a Sell-by Date.

imo= FWIW-the change between Cardiff and Coventry came from

AGENTS

They attended,or saw the bravura performances of the owner and CEO.. the clients didn't attend nor saw the streams--- why would they?... most were leaving anyway....next day was prepping for CARDIFF... it would have been
THURSDAY--- before the AGENTS explained the AMBITION OPEN HOUSE to their clients.
THURSDAY.. before I think most of our dis-inerested players REALISED...the future situation and new hopes.

I think Gary R was as surprised as us fans at their sudden GET-GO....
One puts it down to a 2-day delay between agent and client....

DEFF NOT MOTIVATION by Gary R......imo
00:54, Thu 18 Apr
Bluenose27
I’d happily take corberan but he’s not going to leave Albion is he. Plus Albion hasn’t turned out to be the sinking ship that everyone predicted back in the summer.

I'm sure he'd rather be at a bigger club with a bigger budget and a bigger future

Wouldn't have to uproot the wife and kids
06:58, Thu 18 Apr
Sounds like you're doing a bit of tweaking yourself
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
07:23, Thu 18 Apr
gene
Gary R... imo... is NOT a motivator of players... he is a tweeker with an accountants spectacles - not on money, but on defaults and players with a LOSS PERCENTAGE
Deff NOT a Motivator. A Tweeker.... that sometimes pays off.. BUT TWEEKING has a Sell-by Date.

AGENTS

They attended,or saw the bravura performances of the owner and CEO.. the clients didn't attend nor saw the streams--- why would they?... most were leaving anyway....next day was prepping for CARDIFF... it would have been
THURSDAY--- before the AGENTS explained the AMBITION OPEN HOUSE to their clients.
THURSDAY.. before I think most of our dis-inerested players REALISED...the future situation and new hopes.

It’s not that deep
07:43, Thu 18 Apr
burton870
Will your opinion of him have changed from what you thought of him 12 months ago?

Not at all.

He's done this as much for himself as us. Nowt wrong with that but his constant job hopping shows what he's really about, and his style of football is generally pretty asinine to watch.
07:59, Thu 18 Apr
I don't think that a club that has had 4 managers in a season can complain about managers 'job hopping'.

And managers don't stay at clubs for 20 years anymore like Arsene and Fergie - they sign a 3 year deal and generally leave/ are sacked way before the end of the deal.

Every time a club changes a manager because they want a different (read 'more exciting' or 'more entertaining') style of play the results tank. Until we are established in the EPL we just a manager who consistently gets results.
08:33, Thu 18 Apr
Obafemi
If UT can’t return then stick with GR. He’s been limited on what he can do at all his clubs. Release the V- Neck and who knows……../

2017-18 he spent €12 million according to Transfermarkt and inherited a very good team.

[www.transfermarkt.co.uk]

Derby finished 6th

2018-19 he spent €62.90 million (according to Transfermarkt)

[www.transfermarkt.co.uk]

Stoke finished 16th (and Rowett was sacked in the January).

He has had money to spend and he hasn’t achieved when he has done so.

In my opinion, Rowett’s niche is getting a team of scrappers to overachieve. He did it at Blues he did it at Millwall. There’s nothing wrong with that, and there will always be a role in the Championship for him to do that.

We need a manager who is able to take us to the next level and has a track record of doing so. Rowett does not have that.

And I say that as a Rowett fan.
09:11, Thu 18 Apr
El Mayor
gene

AGENTS

It’s not that deep
It is if bird says that to you
Tony Fantastico
09:32, Thu 18 Apr
I suppose it all depends on how Tony is over the summer. If he's OK, then Rowett goes with our best wishes for keeping us up. If Tony has to step down for health reasons, then I'd be more than happy for GR to stay in place. Anything else is the sort of thinking that got that idiot Rooney a job that was very nearly fatal for us.
09:42, Thu 18 Apr
I agree with Tresor, although I think Rowett's style has improved a bit over the years.
09:51, Thu 18 Apr
Tbf no one did well with that Stoke squad, but yes certainly underachieved.
Gazball?
10:24, Thu 18 Apr
Daniel
I suppose it all depends on how Tony is over the summer. If he's OK, then Rowett goes with our best wishes for keeping us up. If Tony has to step down for health reasons, then I'd be more than happy for GR to stay in place. Anything else is the sort of thinking that got that idiot Rooney a job that was very nearly fatal for us.

I think there is a huge gulf between thinking that Rowett isn't the right person and the thinking that got us Rooney. We should have options identified and being monitored - managers who set up their sides in a similar way to Mowbray and are getting good results. If the worst happens and Mowbray decides not to come back, then we should be picking someone who sets up their teams in a similar style to his, and signing players who are comfortable in that style.
10:41, Thu 18 Apr
👍
Tony Fantastico
KC
11:01, Thu 18 Apr
Daniel

Summarises it bang on for me. Also If Rowett keeps us up then perhaps he deserves similar adulation as given to Mowbray's successful start.
If Rowett got the job and we continued to play the way we did against Coventry why would anyone object?