20:05, Wed 17 Apr
Tilton Rifle
yeehaw
Lichblue
If we stay up and Fulham’s asking price for Stansfield is a swap for JJ. Do you do it?

I'd catch a flight into BHX, rent a car, pick him up in Wales and drive him down to London myself.

What a strange thing to say about a very good young footballer.

I don't rate him personally, and I rate Stansfield very highly. So not really. It's nothing personal.
20:33, Wed 17 Apr
41 games this season aged 19 contributing 8 goals. 10 caps for Wales. You're a difficult man to please but each to their own.
20:36, Wed 17 Apr
41 games this season aged 19 contributing 8 goals. 10 caps for Wales. You're a difficult man to please but each to their own.

😂 This forum is mad.
20:36, Wed 17 Apr
Bet you reckoned Jude was overrated when he played for us.
20:37, Wed 17 Apr
We don’t half underrate our own youngsters sometimes.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:46, Wed 17 Apr
Without a doubt.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
21:11, Wed 17 Apr
He’s been the rare glimmer in a pants season. I agree he’s been played out of position a few times. For me he’s a CM and I feel sorry for a him sometimes he’s obviously got a lot of talent and he’s had a lot of interest in him during the last window, he could of quite easily pushed for a move but he’s been pretty professional about it all considering the amount of managers we’ve been through.
I think he deserves a big move in the summer somewhere like Atlanta so he progress. He’s worth 10-15 million. I honestly can’t see Fulham letting jay go unfortunately.
21:18, Wed 17 Apr
The disrespect for a 19 year old academy kid who has mostly been very good is astonishing tbh. 2-3 times this season he has popped up with a vital goal which means we are in the position to survive we are now!

This place is shite at times
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
21:20, Wed 17 Apr
No, it’s x1, but it’s all booked as profit

Chris has is correct above, take the money from Fulham as pure book profit in 2024/2025 and then amortise the Stansfield fee, would give us loads of P&S room to play with
Happy Clapper
21:32, Wed 17 Apr
If JJ doesnt want to sign a new contract / wants a transfer i'd hope hes aiming for better then Fullham tbh.

I thought the Atalanta rumours were interesting and if he wants to give playing abroard ago best of luck to the lad!
D.S
21:54, Wed 17 Apr
I doubt he'll do better than a mid table premier league team, Fulham would be a good move for him at this point.

And yes I'd sell JJ if it meant signing Stansfield, he'd be fantastic in a better side.
22:28, Wed 17 Apr
What a load of disrespectful nonsense on this thread.

Both Stansfield and James are excellent players with loads of promise. Both have been playing mostly out of position, which underlines the quality of their performances.

Jordan is rated one of the top 3 young players in the Championship. A shame that some Blues can’t accept or see that for themselves.
22:45, Wed 17 Apr
Tilton Rifle

Conversely:

- 0 assists
- Fewest key passes per minutes played of any of our midfielders
- Joint 10th in successful dribbles with Bielek
- 13th "best" average rating in the squad despite 8 goals
- 0 MOTM awards despite 8 goals
- 0 games where he has achieved the highest rating on the pitch despite 8 goals
- 14th "highest" pass completion, behind Marc Roberts
- Fourth highest number of yellow cards, and most in the squad on a per-minute basis
- Comfortably the worst defensive stats of any of our central midfielders (appreciate he has been utilized on the right often, but it is not his position)

So, the stats say he doesn't pass particularly well. He doesn't dribble particularly well. He doesn't defend well. And you can check our win % with the games he is involved in vs. the games he is not. Hint: it doesn't support your assessment.

Also, I have eyes: He isn't a leader. His tracking is half-arsed. He doesn't grab the game by the scruff of its neck. He doesn't dictate play in any meaningful way. He isn't particularly athletic. He is a passenger for the vast majority of games he plays in. But yes, he has scored some very important goals for us.

I would like to say as well, I think he'd look and perform a lot better if he wasn't being misused on the right. And yes, he has showed glimmers of something in several games. I don't think he's rubbish. He's just not that good. He reminds me a lot of Craig Gardner actually. Pops up with important goals, shows a bit of pashun now and then.
22:46, Wed 17 Apr
Bluemarc81
The disrespect for a 19 year old academy kid who has mostly been very good is astonishing tbh. 2-3 times this season he has popped up with a vital goal which means we are in the position to survive we are now!

This place is shite at times

I don't think anyone has said anything disrespectful about him to be fair. It's a football forum, we are discussing football. If you wouldn't trade JJ for Stansfield in a straight swap, that's fair enough. I think most fans would, though.
22:48, Wed 17 Apr
Ricky Blotto
Bet you reckoned Jude was overrated when he played for us.

Uh, no, I didn't mate. Jude was better as a 16/17-year-old for us than JJ is now at 19.