11:45, Thu 18 Apr
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards in 2024-25"

Discuss.
11:45, Thu 18 Apr
eff the big clubs.

When we're a super club we should bring them back.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:47, Thu 18 Apr
Not really an issue for us as we aren't reliant on Cup ties for revenue.

Those further down the pyramid will be miffed.
11:47, Thu 18 Apr
Klopp got what he wanted the season after he leaves
11:56, Thu 18 Apr
lowercaser
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"FA Cup replays to be scrapped from the first round onwards in 2024-25"

Discuss.

Not sure why this was needed until 3rd onwards tbh
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
11:58, Thu 18 Apr
Trialist
Not really an issue for us as we aren't reliant on Cup ties for revenue.

Those further down the pyramid will be miffed.
Does it not give them a greater chance of progressing, and thus increase revenue overall?
Gazball?
12:32, Thu 18 Apr
No
Tony Fantastico
Even if it did, the chances of those clubs progressing is low.

The FA yet again favouring the bigger clubs.
12:49, Thu 18 Apr
Pandering to the rich. It means the bigger clubs are more likely to field stronger teams and upsets are less likely.

The days of the little clubs scraping a draw and earning a big pay day are gone.

Next up they agree to hold all fixtures at the bigger ground of the teams playing each other "to make it possible for more fans to attend".
I think the main problem is with the prize fund itself, rather than having to rely on replays for revenue.
Gazball?
13:13, Thu 18 Apr
I’m against scrapping them. However, if they must then at least keep them in until the 4th round.

Glad that the 5th round is going to be a weekend again.

Wish they’d stop tinkering with it mind. It wasn’t broken.

Hopefully once we have our new stadium, it would be great to have it used for at least one of the semi finals.
13:24, Thu 18 Apr
Fine with them scrapping replays, only if they enforced a rule where the lower league side can request to play at home if drawn away.

Would give flexibility that way. Want the big away day? You got it. Need the home income from drawing a giant? You got it.

Seems like they haven't done that though, so not happy with it
13:37, Thu 18 Apr
What's R1 & R2 gotta do with PL teams anyway
13:40, Thu 18 Apr
Isn't the gate receipts split between the teams - meaning the smaller team could be better off playing a 'big' team at their place?
13:48, Thu 18 Apr
I'm fine with it, no shitty replays v the likes of Blackburn & Hull every couple of years, and the knowledge that every game will end in a win for somebody with the possibility of pens (which everyone loves as long as you don't lose). Gives the smaller clubs more chance of causing a shock than the big club getting a replay and taking them back to their ground to get done over. I thought people wanted more shocks?

If clubs are relying on cup draws to keep them afloat, they need to sort out their financing.