20:38, Mon 22 Apr
The other thing I remember from that game is being kettled and marched back to Seven Sisters afterwards in a proper cordon. Police vehicles nose to tail both sides of us.
When we got to the tube they made all the Blues fans enter individually from the side.
There was a photographer sat above the entrance, who you couldn't see until you went down the steps, who took a photo of every fan.

Far from the only episode of Met Behaving Badly.
01:05, Tue 23 Apr
Rags
It was an astonishing first half.
We had proper chances to have been 5-0 up by half time.
Lower division clubs don't go to Spurs and do that.

It's right up there for me as one of the best away games I have been to.

Yeah, it all sprang to mind when i was doing Raj's challenge. I thouhgt to myself ... "if Adebola had always applied himself in the way he did in the cup run that year he could have been top of this list"

I'm sure i remember reading once that he was at Liverpool playing in the same youth team as Robbie FOwler at one point and it was Adebola they expected to be the bigger star until Fowler suddenly had a bit of a growth spurt

Adebole played in the same schoolboy age sides as Robbie Fowler.

He was offered a YTS place by Liverpool, but decided not to because of Fowler also being there.

He, instead, accepted a similar offer from Crewe Alexandra.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
01:48, Tue 23 Apr
Rags
31 Oct 2000 Tottenham Hotspur v Birmingham City 1-3 League Cup ............ would love to see some coverage of it

I remember it being one of our best ever performances .... i was there, but i remember my mate telling me that he watched it on TV

can't seem to find any clips at all online

I remember this game well cos a Spurs supporting guy I knew back then had been giving me shit all day about how they were going to smash us. effer went into hiding after the match.

Not surprising .. they fielded a full strength team and we just completely obliterated them.
01:59, Tue 23 Apr
The other thing I remember from that game is being kettled and marched back to Seven Sisters afterwards in a proper cordon. Police vehicles nose to tail both sides of us.
When we got to the tube they made all the Blues fans enter individually from the side.
There was a photographer sat above the entrance, who you couldn't see until you went down the steps, who took a photo of every fan.

Far from the only episode of Met Behaving Badly.

Yes, we sort of expected that and knew that they were going to march everyone to the station whether they liked it or not.
Four of us had gone down in my car (i had an early start at work the next day) so we played our usual away ground trick. At the final whistle we used to tell one of the stewards that one of us felt faint and could they take us to a first aid station or at least somewhere where he could sit down and get some water.
This usually gave us chance to separate off from the main group and avoid being rounded up for the compulsory march to somewhere you didn't want to be.
04:57, Tue 23 Apr
I was there too what brilliant win this was I’d forgotten all about it.

It’s amazing how many players that played against us in that cup run that ended up here.

Carr, Clemence and Venus.
08:56, Tue 23 Apr
Anderton and Clapham as well. Remember listening to that on the radio and was just in shock. I loved that team.
10:12, Tue 23 Apr
I remember Jose Warming up on the sidelines for them and getting cheered by us, then the Spurs fans protesting in the Car Park against George Graham and Alan Sugar after the game.

What a night!
10:42, Tue 23 Apr
Clapton

It’s amazing how many players that played against us in that cup run that ended up here.

Venus?
10:51, Tue 23 Apr
Clapton

Venus?

Yeah, Mark Venus was in the Ipswich team we beat in the semi's

also Marcus Stewart who ended up on our coaching team

.... Heskey was in the Liverpool team we lost to in the final too
10:57, Tue 23 Apr
That was odd, as it's the first time I've seen the Blues goals. We had the slowest ever Police crocodile that day, that ensured we missed all of the first half 🙂
11:08, Tue 23 Apr
Also Jamie Clapham and Darren Anderton
11:45, Tue 23 Apr
Clapton

Venus?

When was that?
12:41, Tue 23 Apr
Clapton

Venus?

When was that?

er .. it wasn't ... senior moment - i was thinking of James Beattie. Apologies
13:06, Tue 23 Apr
Rags
Clapton

Venus?

Yeah, Mark Venus was in the Ipswich team we beat in the semi's

.... Heskey was in the Liverpool team we lost to in the final too

I thought he meant for Tottenham