16:45, Wed 24 Apr
What’s this “surely won’t stay in League One” stuff about?

Unless it’s the loan players, the rest are contracted to the Club. It’s not up to them. Says a lot about the obvious attitude of this squad.

... and what is that "obvious attitude" ? ... you another one who solely blames the players ?
16:45, Wed 24 Apr
Well cash in on James for about half his price probably if we drop. I can see bacuna and Paik going as they’ll get offers. Miyoshi maybe. We’ll still have Tyler Roberts though, for him to score 20 goals next season in league 1…
16:46, Wed 24 Apr
No, it tells you that football is different these days and you can't hold onto players if they really want to leave. It's not good for anybody.
16:48, Wed 24 Apr
What are peoples' thoughts on Juke over the next two games ?

I like him as a bloke and appreciate all his efforts for us .... but in my opinion he'd be stupid to risk his serious injury when you consider that after the two games he is without a contract, without an employer and effectively without an income.

Plus he’s no good.
16:52, Wed 24 Apr
Yeah I do blame the players.

Is the coaches fault for them half arsing it all season? Is it the fans fault that our Club captain drink driving?

We need (and thankfully, will) need a squad of experienced pros and young players who want to do something here.

No more of your Etheridges, Sunjics, Hogans, Gardners and Sandersons on massive wages.

No more of the likes of Aiwu and Burke stinking the place out.
Dong Ren Out.
Tam
16:55, Wed 24 Apr
LondonBlue
What’s this “surely won’t stay in League One” stuff about?

Unless it’s the loan players, the rest are contracted to the Club. It’s not up to them. Says a lot about the obvious attitude of this squad.

I wouldn't necessarily draw that inference - it's a speculative article really. Having said that, a player that wants to leave, irrespective of contract situation, is a player that any club wouldn't want to keep.It would be nice, though, if players stated (as I think I said earlier) 'I was part of the problem, now I want to put it right'. I guess that it doesn't happen much these days, but I'd have a lot of respect for a player that had that attitude.
Make Blues Great Again
16:56, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
What are peoples' thoughts on Juke over the next two games ?

I like him as a bloke and appreciate all his efforts for us .... but in my opinion he'd be stupid to risk his serious injury when you consider that after the two games he is without a contract, without an employer and effectively without an income.
Tbf well’s still be paying him once next season starts if he hasn’t found another club. Thems the rules I think
Tony Fantastico
17:01, Wed 24 Apr
And I know Mayor suggests that there’s more to Craig Gardners role than just ‘recruitment’ (which considering some of the cack he’s signed is a sackable offence anyway), surely he had a hand in sacking Eustace, hiring Rooney, giving Venus far too many games and then ending it all with Rowett?

We need a better Technical Director overseeing the football side.

Fair play to Gardner for being instrumental in bringing in Wagner and Co, but take a role as a Director and step down from the TD role. It shouldn’t mean he has a job for life.
Dong Ren Out.
17:24, Wed 24 Apr
GBBlue
Personally I would struggle to be enthused about any of our current squad sticking around next season. It takes a certain amount of non-talent to finally eclipse teams which survived even when relying on players like Hancox, Riley, Leko, Grounds etc

Hall has been basically crocked all season so he is exonerated albeit likely on his last chance to prove himself. Miyoshi has been generally acceptable and Bacuna has been inconsistent but probably our stand out across a poor season. I accept we will still have a few that wont go anywhere and will be decent at League 1 level but I can's say I am individually bothered if Buchanan, Paik, Laird, Pritchard, Belik, Dembele, James found alternatives. We are stuck with Sanderson & Roberts unfortunately come what may. Suspect we are on speed dial to agents to accept the JJ January offers now more in hope than expectation.

Jesus Christ, he's better than generally acceptable hasn't he got 7 or 8 goals? What more do you want from his first season in a new country? Him, paik and bacuna are the only ones I'd keep.
17:37, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Yeah, Bielik I’d love to keep but I’m not too fussed on anyone else.

😳

You lot are mad as hatters.

Paik, Miyoshi, Buchanan and Laird are all too good for us. If we lose any of them it'll be a step back.
17:44, Wed 24 Apr
LondonBlue
And I know Mayor suggests that there’s more to Craig Gardners role than just ‘recruitment’ (which considering some of the cack he’s signed is a sackable offence anyway), surely he had a hand in sacking Eustace, hiring Rooney, giving Venus far too many games and then ending it all with Rowett?

We need a better Technical Director overseeing the football side.

Fair play to Gardner for being instrumental in bringing in Wagner and Co, but take a role as a Director and step down from the TD role. It shouldn’t mean he has a job for life.

I think his remit also includes all the youth teams, which seems to be going great guns currently.
The suggestion was that Cook went over his head to sack Eustace and appoint Rooney, which also makes it a bit unclear where responsibility lies for what has come since.

I think he recruited well, given his role there was to give Eustace the best side possible - got him a squad good enough to be a top ten side before Eustace was sacked and the style of play changed. It was a good enough side for Mowbray to also get play off form from. That said, I don't think we had much of a recruitment set up until into this season - one of the many areas of the club the previous owners had run into the ground and has had to be fixed up.

For Gardner I think the real test is next season - he has got proper resources to do the job now, so we'll see if he is good enough or not.
17:49, Wed 24 Apr
yeehaw
Super Hans

😳

Paik, Miyoshi, Buchanan and Laird are all too good for us. If we lose any of them it'll be a step back.

There that good that we will probably be relegated, they can all go as long as the clubs valuation is met
17:52, Wed 24 Apr
Snoop
I think his remit also includes all the youth teams, which seems to be going great guns currently.
The suggestion was that Cook went over his head to sack Eustace and appoint Rooney, which also makes it a bit unclear where responsibility lies for what has come since.

I think he recruited well, given his role there was to give Eustace the best side possible - got him a squad good enough to be a top ten side before Eustace was sacked and the style of play changed. It was a good enough side for Mowbray to also get play off form from. That said, I don't think we had much of a recruitment set up until into this season - one of the many areas of the club the previous owners had run into the ground and has had to be fixed up.

For Gardner I think the real test is next season - he has got proper resources to do the job now, so we'll see if he is good enough or not.

👍

People forget a whole new squad was patched together for buttons this summer. We were all happy with the business done.

I think it's the best squad in years, but it's still imbalanced and lacks real leadership. Of course we are struggling to see consistent performances from them. We've had a half dozen managers asking them to play at least four different ways.

I don't care what anyone says, the below core is now good enough to build upon:

Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Drameh
Miyoshi
Paik
Bacuna
Stansfield

Probably Dembele
Maybe Dozzell
Maybe Pritchard

If we stay up and sign the above loans up, get two new quality keepers who can both kick, two new proven centre-halves leaving Dion as cover, more versatile defensive cover for LB and RB, a new striker alongside Stansfield, some quality here and there. With a full pre-season under TM we will be away. We just need to stay up now.
17:53, Wed 24 Apr
yeehaw
Super Hans

😳

Too good for us? That’s the sort of thinking that’s got us where we are now.

Paik has one game where he looks like the Korean Pirlo and the next where he couldn’t pass water. Maybe not helped by the managerial changes but having Guardiola or Pulis in the dugout shouldn’t affect the consistency of your passes. I wouldn’t mind keeping him as there’s a player there but if he goes I’m not going to be too upset.

I like Miyoshi, he really lacks strength and a bit of pace that the top wingers in this league have.

Buchanan is seemingly unwanted by uncle Tony, so I’d be surprised either way if we don’t have another left back next season.

Laird might be the most overhyped player we’ve had the last few years, and that takes some beating.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:55, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Too good for us? That’s the sort of thinking that’s got us where we are now.

Given our current state? They are too good for us. I disagree with your assessment as well. Positive mindsets and form play a huge part in performances. Pirlo himself would misplace passes in this team. Doubting himself, doubting his teammates, doubting the tactics.