19:25, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
What are peoples' thoughts on Juke over the next two games ?

I like him as a bloke and appreciate all his efforts for us .... but in my opinion he'd be stupid to risk his serious injury when you consider that after the two games he is without a contract, without an employer and effectively without an income.

I love the bloke but he was pretty useless before the injury. I don’t see how adding an injury to that would mean he could contribute anything.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:25, Wed 24 Apr
Here we are again

We're in another relegation battle and yet apparently weve got these good players some of who are to good for us we should be keen to hold onto

Maybe they're not actually that good...yet again
19:26, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
Buchanan and Laird would be the best full backs in that league by miles

Spot on

You've even proven that with decent managers we'd be close to, or in, the play-offs. But people aren't interested ... they just want to unload their bile and vitriol at the easiest target that doesn't involve any thought

What are you basing that claim on? The close to or in the playoffs one.
Tam
19:27, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Rags

I like him as a bloke and appreciate all his efforts for us .... but in my opinion he'd be stupid to risk his serious injury when you consider that after the two games he is without a contract, without an employer and effectively without an income.

I love the bloke but he was pretty useless before the injury. I don’t see how adding an injury to that would mean he could contribute anything.

Something a bit different, I suppose, with his aerial ability - as per the Hull game, one decent cross (yes, I know) and he's got a chance.
Make Blues Great Again
19:28, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Rags

I think he is still capable of scoring important goals coming on as a sub. Was it Hull away from Pritchards cross? He will certainly bust a gut.
19:31, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

Spot on

You've even proven that with decent managers we'd be close to, or in, the play-offs. But people aren't interested ... they just want to unload their bile and vitriol at the easiest target that doesn't involve any thought

er .. the facts as Le Mod posted them.
Our points return per game under Eustace and Mowbray
Tam
19:32, Wed 24 Apr
NouCamp
Here we are again

We're in another relegation battle and yet apparently weve got these good players some of who are to good for us we should be keen to hold onto

I think they're decent players in general, but lacking in terms of being a unit, with a couple of positions missing - for me, an athletic midfielder and a striker. Oh, and managerial stability. Le Mod (I think) posted a stat that said that under competent managers like Eustace, Mowbray and Rowett they'd picked up 35 points in 23 games this season. That would compare with something like 11 from 21 in the games under Rooney and Venus. If people want to point to Eustace's 11 games as not being enough for a meaningful conclusion, that's fair enough (although it was nearly a quarter of the season) but if you add in Mowbray and Rowett, then that's exactly half a season under competent managers and pretty good results in general.

People will draw their own conclusions from those stats, but an obvious inference is that competent managers will win games and pick up points with this squad in this division.
Make Blues Great Again
Here we are again

... but they are, and they've shown it under the two decent managers we've had this season.
He’s got 3 goals for the season. The hull one you mentioned, another against them in the FA cup against their reserves and the penalty back in the halcyon days of Leeds at home.

I’d love him to score the goal that keeps us up on his way out but it feels like people aren’t really basing that in reality, more from the romance of it.
Tam
19:36, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
He’s got 3 goals for the season. The hull one you mentioned, another against them in the FA cup against their reserves and the penalty back in the halcyon days of Leeds at home.

I’d love him to score the goal that keeps us up on his way out but it feels like people aren’t really basing that in reality, more from the romance of it.

I know what you're saying, and I agree with you, but his presence does add something different if we're running out of time and need something from somewhere. Better to have him available than unavailable, I reckon.
Make Blues Great Again
19:37, Wed 24 Apr
Rags
Rags

Spot on

The same Eustace who had us 7th last December and ended up finishing 17th would have got us to around 70 points at this stage of the season?

Mowbray sample size is far too small, and I say that as someone who loves the bastard.
Tam
19:42, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans
Rags
Rags

Spot on

The same Eustace who had us 7th last December and ended up finishing 17th would have got us to around 70 points at this stage of the season?

Mowbray sample size is far too small, and I say that as someone who loves the bastard.

If you put the three competent managers together though, you'd get 23 games from them, with a 35 point return. One point to consider with Eustace from this season and last season is that a) he didn't have a pre-season to speak of and b) he didn't have the squad that we have this year - his own squad, if you like. I think that the contrast between the professional managers (JE/TM/GR) and Rooney/Venus are stark enough to be worth considering over similar amounts of games.

I think that we've all seen in recent seasons, the difference that a competent manager can have with the same set of players.
Make Blues Great Again
19:46, Wed 24 Apr
Super Hans

To be fair though he's hardly played and when he does he doesn't get the type of service that he specifically needs.
19:47, Wed 24 Apr
And I'm not saying he is the answer to all our problems. Just a different option that may well work in these last two games.
19:47, Wed 24 Apr
Tam
Yeah I’m not disputing that we’d have had a better season with Eustace in charge, only an idiot would claim otherwise.

To claim this team would be in or around the playoffs is laughable.